The Broken Thread - 2019

1101112131416»

• MrsGB2015MrsGB2015 Posts: 3,566 New bride
    @Slopeydopes - I see, thats understandable.  I wouldnt want to wait 6 months either, so I know where you are coming from.

We have only told our family and a handful of really close friends.  We will be saying we had IVF but not that it was donor to anyone else, its not something anyone has to know really if he doesnt want anyone to xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015
    Miracle Baby due April 2020

"The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow"
  • SlopeydopesSlopeydopes Posts: 182 New bride
    @MrsGB2015 no. I think it's a case of seeing what feels right. My husband doesn't want people like my sisters boyfriend to know as he's said it's a male pride thing. I totally get it. I've only told my mum and one friend so far we're doing IVF. We would have done it anyway because I have a bone condition that I don't want to pass on. I don't want to tell lots of people though as it's a quite slow process and I don't want to be asked loads of questions all the time. 
    @Slopeydopes - Yes, you’ve got to do what’s right for you both. If that means telling no one then so be it, it’s no ones business anyway!

good luck hun, I’m here if you ever want to chat about it all. Xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Had an appointment yesterday to discuss treatment and which clinic we want to go with. We've chosen Nottingham as its local so we're being referred. Apparently we should get an appointment before the end of the year and start treatment after that. It's all starting to feel real now! 
    @Slopeydopes - Yay thats good news that things are moving forward for you xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

MrsGB2015 said:
    @Slopeydopes - Yay thats good news that things are moving forward for you xx
    Thank you. Hope you're doing OK xx
    @Slopeydopes not too bad thanks lovely - made it to the second trimester but it still feels so surreal! Might start believing when I can feel baby!!

Please keep us updated on your journey and message me anytime if you have any questions or want to rant xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

MrsGB2015 said:
    @Slopeydopes not too bad thanks lovely - made it to the second trimester but it still feels so surreal! Might start believing when I can feel baby!!

Please keep us updated on your journey and message me anytime if you have any questions or want to rant xx
    Thank you. You must be so excited. I can imagine it would feel a bit surreal, especially after everything you've been through to get here
    @Slopeydopes - You're welcome hun.  Yes, such a mix of excitement and nerves already haha xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015