The Broken Thread - 2019

• MrsGB2015MrsGB2015 Posts: 3,621 New bride
    @KirBe Mmm.. well I hope you figure it out and everything is all ok - fingers crossed. xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015
    Miracle Baby due April 2020

"The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow"
  • MrsHowgateMrsHowgate Posts: 1,400 New bride
    Hello ladies,
    I was wondering whether I would be allowed back?I had a missed miscarriage on Monday at 12 weeks and had an operation yesterday. I am at a loss as to what to do. Husband won’t talk about it, he’s not cried, nothing. He’s trying to be strong for me. I am going through the ‘what if’ and ‘was it my fault’ stage. Part of my thinks this is Karma. My heads a mess :( 
    @MrsHowgate - Of course you can come back but so sorry you find yourself needing to :( 

I am so sorry to hear what happened, sending you lots of love

Take care of yourself hun 
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• @MrsHowgate so sorry to hear that. Of course you can come back and join us xx
    Morning ladies,

As I am having to keep it secret at work, I had to come on here and say I GOT THE JOB! woohoo!!

Some good news for once!  Hopefully in turn, I wont be so worried and stressed and hopefully our next round will be the one - fingers crossed xxx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• KirBeKirBe Posts: 1,158 New bride
    @MrsHowgate I am so sorry for your loss. You are of course welcome back but I am sorry that you are back here xxx

@MrsGB2015 that is excellent news!! I am so happy for you! Fingers crossed its a sign of things being on the up!!

xx
    Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016

'Shout out to all of us fighting a battle that most people will never understand'
    Congratulations @MrsGB2015 that’s wonderful news. Do you know when you will move into the new position?

Not feeling too great today. In a lot of pain today and lots of tears. Feeling so alone. As far as husband is concerned he has already dealt with it and moved on. I packed away some of the things I stupidly brought yesterday, hoping there is still time for me to use them.
    Thanks Ladies :)

I have to stay in my current role for a month, whilst they replace and train - which is annoying but equally I dont want to leave my colleague I do get on with in the lurch.

Im not allowed to say anything yet though, its so hard to not slip up! 

@MrsHowgate - I am sorry you are going through this, it must be so tough.  Its hard when hubby is shutting up and not talking about it, have you mentioned to him that youd like to talk and you need more support? xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• britbirdbritbird Posts: 1,486 New bride
    @MrsGB2015 Yay, brilliant news.  Massive congrats!
    @britbird - Thanks hun - I am so pleased xxx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• @MrsGB2015 well done. That's great news. It's always nice when things start working out.

@MrsHowgate  Sorry about your husband. I'd try talking to him and being really blunt that you need support as you're finding it difficult. I've found with my husband that sometimes you have to tell him straight as he might be struggling as well but just hiding it. Men are more complicated than they like to think
    @Slopeydopes thanks hun. Onwards and upwards hopefully xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Hi ladies,

How is everyone?

Today is dragging!  Obviously would as its a long weekend for me, its my bday tuesday and we are going away Monday - cannot wait!!
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Not too bad here. Throwing myself into decorating the house and it’s my youngest birthday on sunday so having a party tomorrow for her and 25 friends, god help me!

Had a tattoo done today in memory of baby and they did a fab job.

Ended up seeing the GP today as I have a lot of pain and thankfully all well. She touched in the subject of trying again but at the moment it’s not even on my mind!
    @MrsHowgate sometimes its good to have things going on and distractions but 25 friends ekk - how old is she?

Thats a lovely thing to do re the tattoo hun xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Savannah is now 10. Party was good. Thank god for the entertainer is all I’ll say.

First day back at work today and it was a massive fail. In tears as soon as I walked through the door. Seeing my GP this morning for some time off. A week wasn’t enough and I only went back because I triggered on sickness. I tried to put a brave face on but all the sympathy made it worse. I am great full some of my colleagues care but it was too much. 

I am am now going home to rest.
    @MrsHowgate - Sorry you found going back to work tough - I hope that youve managed to sort something out.  Maybe you need more time - sending love and hugs

So, Ive been MIA as it was my birthday yesterday, we went to Somerset and wookey hole then longleat yesterday.  I am such a big kid but i had a fab time, not liking being back to work today though!

I had my letter through last week for our follow up appointment - its a week today, so thankfully not too long away and hopefully we will get some answers - FC!

Hope everyone is well xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• @MrsHowgate it's so personal how long things take. Definitely don't rush anything. Make sure to take the time you need. 

@MrsGB2015 happy birthday for the day before yesterday. That sounds like my sort of birthday celebration. I went to Chester zoo for my hen party. Absolutely loved it!
    We've had a letter through for my husband. Thinks it from the doctor but not sure what it will be for and have to wait for hubby to come home! 
    Happy birthday @MrsGB2015 hope you had a lovely time.

I’ve got 2 weeks off work so been throwing myself in decluttering the house and buying furniture etc to redecorate as me and hubby want to make a fresh start. Just waiting on my daughters bed to be delivered then we can start doing the flooring etc.

Also going to try and eat a lot more healthier. I’ve done nothing but comfort eat and I need to try and stop and also going to start taking more care in myself in terms of my appearance as I’ve not bothered with makeup since the wedding day!

Me and hubby had a talk because I have been feeling really alone and worried he’s not grieved. He said he’s done his grieving and he’s being strong for me to help me get through it.
    Sorry if this next part is upsetting for anyone.......We’re waiting for the date of the cremation so we can go and say goodbye. I dont want to go but I know I would have felt guilt if I didn’t were going to go and hopefully it’ll go some way towards healing.
    Thanks ladies - had a fab time just not liking being back to work - least its friday! 

@Slopeydopes that sounds a great hen do!  Was it a good or bad letter?  Or just an annoying generic "I saw this couple today, bla bla!"

@MrsHowgate Sometimes keeping busy is the best way but dont forget to take the time to grieve, dont pile it up xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• Hey everyone. Bene really busy at work and working towards sorting out a mortgage. 
    @MrsGB2015 it was a letter for him to make an appointment at the fertility clinic. We've been given his results so not sure what this one will be about. I don't know if they would do further investigations or not. We were expecting his sample to have no sperm though.

I've had a horrible morning. I went on the pill first as I used to get ill on the first day of my period. I've been off the pill for almost a year now and have just got to 30 day cycles. This morning the issue came back. I was really hoping it wouldn't. The pain was that bad I thought I was going to pass out at one point. Really can't cope with that every month but obviously can't go back on the pill! 
    @Slopeydopes Hmm, unless they want to do further tests?  My hubs ended up going through a urologist to see if there was a reason he had no sperm in the samples, could be something like this?

Ohh no you poor thing :( that sounds awful.  Mention it to your drs and see what they suggest, hopefully they can advise something that will help you. Sending love xxx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• britbirdbritbird Posts: 1,486 New bride
    Hey ladies.  Hope you are all ok.  I am still quite quiet on here, as I am so early on in the whole tests process etc.  I got a letter from the endocrinologist on Saturday with the results of some of my tests- it was just a copy of what had been sent to my GP  I didn't understand them totally, as they are just lots of numbers, but one that seemed to flag up was very low FSH levels.  Has anyone else had this?  I couldn't find out much online, there didn't seem to be much there.  
    Hey all,

So, appointment all done and nothing found! All results came back clear, so whilst that’s obviously good, it’s also annoying as why isn’t it working then! 🙄

We are going to have the endometrial scratch done and sort out our protocol to go ahead with our frozen embryo and hope and pray this one is our little fighter xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• SlopeydopesSlopeydopes Posts: 184 New bride
    Hi everyone, 
    Sorry been absent, been working loads and stressing about anything and everything! 
    @britbird I know what you mean. We're relatively new to all this, at the beginning of the journey and everything feels quite slow.
    @MrsGB2015 it's frustrating isn't it. Sort of wanting them to find something so there's a reason but obviously not wanting them to find anything. Fingers crossed for your next go though x
    Morning ladies,

Sorry been a bit quiet - just plodding along as per.

I hope everyone is ok

@Slopeydopes - Thanks hun, hopefully this one is our little fighter xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Not been a great week. Hubby is currently in a spinal unit where he’s been for the last week and I am still off work. Still waiting for the results from the tests and date of cremation plus my youngest has been really unwell. Kinda just want 2019 to do one as it’s been a crap start to the year. 

Weve decided to start trying again in June as I am starting the Cambridge Diet next week and want to focus on losing as much as I can over the next 12 weeks while hubby focuses on his weight and rehabilitation and getting back to work.
    Sorry missed your update @MrsHowgate 

What has hubby done? sorry if youve said already!  

Thank god its Friday - literally cannot wait until home time.  Getting closer to my hospital now, only 3 more sleeps then its scratch and protocol time!  I just want to know what I am doing and can get prepared for it - both mentally and financially haha!! 

I hope everyone else is ok xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• KirBeKirBe Posts: 1,158 New bride
    Hi Ladies, 

Sorry I haven't been on in a while - I am so rubbish at keeping up these days! 

@MrsGB2015 3 more sleeps! Yayy! Fingers crossed time keeps moving quickly. 

I am nearing the end of my first 2WW (11dpo) for a long time and I forgot how crazy it can make you!! AF is due Monday and I have a feeling she is going to come right on schedule - I mean why would she change her tune now after 2 years and 9 months of this game ha! Even though I know this ... every now and then the hopeful thoughts do slide in and send me on a bit of a spiral.

My temps have been a bit weird but this is my first month back to using the Ava properly and inputting the data into FF so even though FF is like 'your chart is triphasic and temp is on an upward trend', I don't feel like this actually means anything positive at all! Although I am glad that it seems to be confirming that I do ovulate when I think I do, but the temps post ovulation are just a bit 'off' from normal charts when I do search. I don't have a lot of experience in charting though so it could be perfectly fine haha

Hope everyone else is well! xx
    Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016

'Shout out to all of us fighting a battle that most people will never understand'
    @KirBe Thanks hun - FC its all good on Monday and I get the result I want on the protocol side!

Ahh I know what you mean, you still get that glimmer of hope.  I hope as ever that maybe this one is different and you will get the best outcome but as always we are here when the witch shows up for you to rant!

I never charted so cant help you much on that side though! xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015