The Broken Thread - 2019

• MrsHowgateMrsHowgate Posts: 1,395 New bride
    @MrsGB2015 Hubby lost all sensation in his legs, was incontinent, lost sensation to his privates. Was diagnosed with Cauda Equina which is an emergency. Was rushed to the spinal unit and prepped for surgery but they cancelled as he was going down. They used his weight as the reason. Kept him in for 6 days for pain management and other things. He’s now on a cocktail of drugs and off work until god knows when. MRI confirmed 3 completely herniated discs and 5 which are degenerating! He’s relatively pain free at the moment but only time will tell. 

Got the histo results and they confirmed ‘products of conception with no abnormal feature’ ie not molar. I’ve asked for the results of the chromosomal tests and fetal sex so just waiting on that as they didn’t mention it.

Back to work Monday. Dreading it but need to get it over with.

Goid luck for Monday x
  • MrsGB2015MrsGB2015 Posts: 3,581 New bride
    @MrsHowgate oh gosh! your poor hubby! just what you all need - I hope they fix him up soon for him and you!

Thanks hun - I will update you all on Monday xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015
    Miracle Baby due April 2020

"The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow"
  • KirBeKirBe Posts: 1,158 New bride
    I’m finally logged in on my phone!

@MrsHowgate I hope your hubby gets better soon 

@MrsGB2015 good luck for tomorrow hun 🤞🏻

My mum just told me my cousin and his girlfriend are pregnant. It’s been a while since we had a baby bomb and it’s really upset hubby. Especially as my temp has been dropping in the usual way for the last 3 days so AF should be here any minute. I’m so sick of this journey. I’m trying to keep my positive pants on but today feels like one of those days!

hope everyone is having a nice weekend xx
    Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016

'Shout out to all of us fighting a battle that most people will never understand'
    Hello ladies! 

Hope everyone is surviving Monday! 

So this is the first month I have consistently charted using the Ava and FF and it turns out I ovulate about 3 days after a positive OPK and have a 10 day leutel phase. I’ve always been curious about the second half of my cycle as I get strange symptoms throughout but I’m shocked to find out it so short. It does explain a lot. As I understand it anything 10 days and under is a defect so potentially I’ve just found another issue to add to our ever growing list of fertility problems. I am going to keep charting and tracking and I’m curious to see what happens - in a way it’s always helpful to get a better insight even if the results aren’t the best. Atleast when I finally go back to the doctors I’m going to be armed with information haha

@MrsGB2015 hope your appointment goes well xx
    Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016

'Shout out to all of us fighting a battle that most people will never understand'
    @KirBe sorry hun I was meant to come on yesterday and comment on your previous post! 

Keep tracking and see if that is normal for you before you worry. FC it was an anomaly and isn’t your normal cycle but if it is there are things that can be done, don’t despair! 

My appointment went well. Scratch wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, was a bit like a smear but a bit more painful but was over quickly!

we are going to do a natural FET again this time as I much prefer it, just got to wait for CD1 to ring and get my scans booked in xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

@MrsGB2015 thanks Hun - im definitely going to keep charting and see what happens. I’ve done some research on the worst case scenarios and it’s definitely treatable so I’m not going to get to worried about it at this stage. Honesty charting is the craziest thing - I should have done this years ago! 

Glad it wasn’t too sore for you hun. Fingers crossed it does the trick - do you have a rough idea when you’ll be looking it (assuming AF behaves herself)?

xx
    Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016

@KirBe haha I’ve heard it can really help give you insights and know more about your cycle. Hopefully you’ll get some answers and if it is worst case then you’ll tackle it like the warrior you are! 😘

Well hopefully we will transfer mid April all being well! 🤞🏼 Xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Morning all :)

Its a bit quiet in here lately, everyone ok? xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

@MrsGB2015 Morning hun! How’re you? 

Not a lot to report from me AF came and brought concern about my LP but I’m in cycle 2 of constant charting so I’m interested to see what that brings. I’m doing temps only this month, no opks, so hoping it’s fairly accurate. Still ploughing along with weight loss (lost almost 2 stone now) and doing a ton of overtime at work! 

Hope everyone is okay! 
    xx
    Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016

Hi all
    Not a lot from me either. AF has come and is absolutely killing me. Nobody tells you that the first one after a loss is a total b***h.
    We have the date for the cremation so we’ve got that in a few weeks. Hopefully going to start trying again in June, we shall see.

@MrsGB2015 any news from your end?

@KirBe how are you doing?
    Hi Ladies,

Im ok just waiting AF's arrival so we can get our FET booked in - I think she is due anytime from tomorrow!

@KirBe Wow well done you on the weight loss thats amazing! Keep going hun, youve got this!! xx

@MrsHowgate Oh hun, sorry that AF is killing you - kick a girl whilst shes down huh!  xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Wahhh pregnancy announcement has just hit me - shes having twins!

Amazing and I am happy for her as we are close but why is it still not me?! erghhh
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

@MrsHowgate I’m okay thanks. Just muddling through as usual :) I hope AF becomes less painful for you soon. Sounds like the last thing you need right now xx

@MrsGB2015 awww announcements are so hard! We had one a couple of weeks ago and they still just get to me so much. It’ll be your time soon lovely - and this will all be worth it xx
    Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016

@KirBe Thanks hun - I know its lovely for them and I am happy for them but ergh! haha!  Our next round will work - must remain positive xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

@MrsGB2015 it will work - I have everything crossed for you!

xx
    Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016

@KirBe thanks hun - waiting very impatiently for AF to arrive haha - feel sorry for myself as I am all bunged up and yucky - the amount of tissues I am going through is crazy.  Giving Rudolph a run for his job this year haha!!
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Afternoon ladies!
    I am having a down day today and I’ve got swollen glands. I’m falling apart. Still no let up from AF which is getting me down also. 

I am starting a grievance against my new line manager tomorrow because I feel he has it in for me and also said having a MC isn’t that bad and I should be fine with it! Not sure what will happen as his manager (my former manager) has already gotten involved last week to diffuse a situation which happened.
    Hi Ladies,

I am having a bit of a rough day. My mum told me this morning that she’s found a lump in her armpit so is being fast tracked to the hospital on Monday. I just can’t help but fear the worst. I know that’s not the attitude but she had some worrying blood results a few months ago (that came to nothing upon further investigation) and now this. My head is all over the place, I’ve been crying at my desk at work, I’m an absolute mess!

I know there might be nothing to worry about in the end but it has hit me so hard and my mind has gone to the worst case scenario! Sorry ladies I just needed somewhere to vent a bit

Hope everyone is ok xx
    Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016

@MrsHowgate - Sorry to hear you are having issues with your manager - I hope this gets resolved 

@KirBe oh no your poor mum - & you! Im sure it will be ok but I know what you mean you do just think the worst!  Sending love to you and your mum at this time.  Keep us updated xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

@MrsGB2015 thanks Hun. It’s hit me so hard and just made me question everything. Fingers crossed it turns out to be nothing serious but we will see what they say on Monday I guess. 

How are you doing - any sign of AF?
    Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016

@KirBe I know what you mean hun - fingers crossed - will be thinking of you xx

Im still suffering with this cold/blocked nose malarkey lol! No sign of AF, typically!  I am getting bad skin though so wonder if thats the feeling ill or if shes on the way? Who knows - trying to ignore but easier said than done xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

I have signs of AF's arrival!! Woo hoo!!

Never thought I would be happy about this again but we should be able to get moving with dates now - might have to wait until Monday as they like you to be full flow cd1 but ive emailed to see if they will accept my word that tomorrow is likely to be this - got to wait and see xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

@MrsHowgate - Probably mid April depending if my body plays ball - most likely have my first lining check around 3rd April but will wait for confirmation from the clinic first xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

@MrsGB2015 yayy for AF being on her way! Fingers crossed she gets on with it now! Eeeeekkkk really hoping your body plays ball. Mid April is not that long away!

xx
    Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016

@KirBe Thanks hun - I know it wont be long now!  Just need to feel better and it will all be good lol xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Morning ladies - hope everyone is OK for a Monday!

I've got my date for my first lining scan - next weds at 9am! woo!  FC my body plays ball! xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

@MrsGB2015 how exciting! Fingers crossed for your body doing its thing properly 

I am super anxious today as my mum is currently at the hospital getting checked out. I have put my phone in my bag rather than on my desk but I just can't stop checking it so that is fairly pointless to be honest! I'm thinking just in case it is bad news I would rather read any messages when I feel comfortable rather than being on the phone or something and bursting into tears. Got everything crossed it is good news and absolutely nothing to be worried about though 

xx
    Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016

@KirBe - Thanks hun.

Oh thinking of you - ive got everything crossed that its good news - sending love xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

@MrsGB2015 thanks hun - I've just got the text to say it was just a cyst and it is fine. I feel so relieved it is unreal! 

xx
    Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016