The Broken Thread - 2019

• MrsGB2015MrsGB2015 Posts: 3,480 New bride
    @KirBe Oh this is the best news - I am so pleased all is ok.  Now breathe hun! Sending hugs xxx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

"The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow"
  • MrsH12MrsH12 Posts: 526 New bride
    I'm so glad your mum is okay Kirbe! 
  • KirBeKirBe Posts: 1,158 New bride
    Thanks @MrsGB2015 and @MrsH12 - I was honestly so scared. I just keep thinking how am I supposed to get through all of this without my mum. I know that is just so crazy but this is where my mind went! Luckily I can put that thought back in the box!

Hubby and I have been having some big conversations about our next move but both agreed we need to let the dust settle on my mums health scare before we put any plans into action. I don’t want to make any knee jerk reactions, I am terrible for doing that. 

Hope everyone is well xx
    Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016

'Shout out to all of us fighting a battle that most people will never understand'
    @KirBe 100% know what you mean that’s how I would be! My mum is my rock id be so lost without her, so I get this!

Yea it’s probably best to clear your heads before rushing into anything although more waiting is always hard but for the right reasons xxx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• SlopeydopesSlopeydopes Posts: 175 New bride
    Hey everyone 
    @KirBe so glad your mum is OK. I imagine it is a huge relief for you. Its hard not to let outside things affect you though. I do worry that my parents and DH parents are getting older.
    I have to book an ultrasound today for an internal/external ultrasound. Is it painful at all? Little bit worried about it! 
    @Slopeydopes Is this for anything in particular or just a scan?  If its just a scan its not usually painful xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

@Slopeydopes these parents need to behave themselves and stop ageing don’t they?!

I’ve had an internal/external ultrasound. It was uncomfortable but not painful. Not as bad as a smear if that helps! I find smears quite painful and the ultrasound was fine in comparison

xx
    Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016

'Shout out to all of us fighting a battle that most people will never understand'
  • MrsPope2018MrsPope2018 Posts: 1,072 New bride
    Hey ladies, hope you dont mind me popping over from the TTC thread, and I hope this doesn't cause any offence to those that I know have been trying for a lot longer. Me and my husband have now reached the 'year mark' of trying without any success, although it's been on and off years of not trying not preventing but this last year we have properly tried with all the tracking, testing,  timing etc.. anyway, we have an initial doctors appointment on Thursday to try and see why it's not happening. From what I've seen online it looks like they start with just some blood tests for me and a SA for hubby. Just wondered if there was anything else we should be expecting/asking for. 

Thanks in advance and sending you all lots of baby dust, I often follow your journeys on here and wish you all the luck!

Ps Slopeydopes, I've had to have a couple of internal ultrasounds and they honestly weren't too bad at all. A tiny bit uncomfortable when they were looking towards each side but nothing unbearable at all. Good luck x
    @MrsPope2018 - Of course we dont mind you popping over but sorry you've found the need to :( 

If I remember with our initial consultations it was pretty much like you've said - blood works for me and SA for hubby.  I wouldnt go off my experience though as we got messed around - if you have different DRs make sure *if* the need arises for you to be referred that they do it with your details! Fingers crossed it doesnt come to that for you but come back anytime if you need anything xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

@MrsPope2018 same as @MrsGB2015 said - your more than welcome but I am sorry that you find yourself here xx

For our GP appointment we went through how long we had been trying, how often we 'tried' per week and I came armed with a list of 'symptoms' and other notes - which for me at the time were my irregular cycles, painful cramps all month etc. DH had to do an SA and I had some blood tests done and an internal ultrasound to check my ovaries (I think that was more because of my 'symptoms' they were looking for signs of PCOS). I found it took some of my nerves about the appointment away to have my little notes but that's just because I get flustered when I get nervous! 

xx
    Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016

@KirBe thats a good idea to have it written down!  I am terrible for remembering things I wanted to say!  Always go armed now!

Ive even got a new FET diary for this round - ill show you girls later its amazing! xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

@MrsGB2015 I love to be armed. I think when we eventually go back to the GP this time I will have been charting a while so I will be printing and taking my charts with me - not that the GP actually cares but it makes me feel prepared! 

I've seen those IVF diaries and FET diaries - I really like the idea of them! If we get to that stage I will definitely be using those! Oooo yeah please show us! 

xx
    Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016

Thank you ladies, I have my app with all my cycle lengths, when we have DTD and opk results etc apart from the odd gap when we decided to have a more relaxed month here and there. The annoying thing in some ways is my periods are very regular, I dont have any symptoms of pcos or anything (that I'm aware of) my only issue is I have a lot of pre menstrual spotting usually around 4 days before AF starts and I have had one early miscarriage in the past at 9 weeks, so that all makes me think that my progesterone may be low, but obviously I'm no expert 😂😂 I dont know why but I'm pretty nervous about going, even though I want to to get the ball rolling. 
    @KirBe I will take some pics of it later - i love it!  It made me cry when I first got it with the cute little poems and sayings so brace yourself lol!

@MrsPope2018 ; It is nerve wracking as its the next big step really - I do hope all comes back ok and your DR supports you.  I always thought my progesterone could be low after our chemical but apparently not so who knows hun!  FC for you xxx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Thanks everyone about the scan. It's just a standard one to check that everything is where it's supposed to be. I find smears uncomfortable but it's usually quick. Just a bit nervous. DH said hell come with me but he's self employed and with trying to get the house money is a stress at the moment. 
    @MrsPope2018 I think it's always good to get an idea of what things are done and when. I'm really new to everything. Plus I think everyone has really different stories and journies.

Morning Ladies,

Sorry I didnt get around to posting pics of the FET diary last night had a banging headache - will try and do it tonight for those interested

@Slopeydopes - i am sure you will be fine hun - thinking of you - do you have a date for it?xxx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

A selection of pages from the FET diary as promised. I think it’s messed up the order but you get the idea 
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

@MrsGB2015 that is so cute! I love it! It will be so nice to keep as a record of your journey to your baby xx

How is everyone today? 

Nothing to report for me - I think ovulation is approaching going by last months temp pattern but who knows as there are no other 'signs' and we aren't trying this month anyway as we are about to start renovations in our house and given our methods of trying it is a bit of a nightmare!

xx
    Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016

@KirBe it’s lovely isn’t it!

Im still suffering 😔 I’m home today as can’t really talk! Much to hubbys delight! Haha!

Oh house renovations getting in the way is no good! 
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

@MrsGB2015 my scan is booked for the 17th of April. Was booked quite quickly though. 
    Just a bit nervous this morning as AF has arrived and last time I was really ill. I went to the doctor and she said to preemptively take tablets and that's all I can do. Which isn't really helpful. I'm worried it won't work and I'll be ill again. 
    I've hot a spa day with my mum and sister today and a first birthday party tomorrow so hopefully it'll be a nice weekend before I have to go back to work 
    Thanks for the advice ladies, appointment went well. I've got bloods booked in for next week which will be 7days before AF is due and then she wants me to go back after the bloods and have an internal examination.  Shes also suggested hubby books a separate apt (he just came along with me) and then he can do a SA. She seemed to think it would just happen when it happens as my periods are regular and no obvious signs of anything going on but I'll be very interested to see how the blood tests come back. 

Slopeydopes sorry AF was so awful last time, I hope she doesn't spoil your plans. Spa day sounds amazing 😊
  • MrsHowgateMrsHowgate Posts: 1,387 New bride
    Morning Ladies.
    After 8 days AF left the building, that’s been the longest I’ve ever had. I’m hoping it’s because it was the first once since my miscarriage and not going to be a regular thing.

Hubby and I have tentatively started trying again but we’re just going to go with it, no tracking, OPKs nothing and we’ve decided to have a honeymoon when my youngest goes on school journey as she’ll be gone for a week. We won’t go  abroad but it will be somewhere away from London. 

Any news @MrsGB2015

@Kirbe I am glad that I don’t own my own home. Doing renovations would kill me off 😂😂

@Slopeydopes internal scans aren’t that bad. I only found them uncomfortable when they pushed against my cervix. Fingers crossed AF isn’t too painful for you.

@MrsPope2018 Hubby found his SA ‘alright’ in his words. My bloods showed normal on everything. We booked his SA via telephone and they saw him within a week. The GP printed the referral and gave it to him to sort. I’m avoiding the TTC thread as had a rough time last time I was there.
    Hi ladies! 

I have had a rough weekend. My boss text me out the blue yesterday to drop a baby bomb (she’s told me before anyone else - her scan is tomorrow) cue loads of tears and my anxiety levels going through the roof about work this work when there will be the official announcement. That’s 4 now in my team of about 12. 4 who have got pregnant while we have been trying and to say it stings a bit is an understatement. Will it ever be my turn to make an announcement :(

Hopr you have all survived Mother’s Day. Sending lots of love to all of you. We will get there ladies xx

Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016

Morning ladies,

Sorry I havent updated was trying to keep away from social media yesterday!

@MrsHowgate - I have my scan to check lining on weds so we shall see what happens next!

@KirBe - So sorry about the baby bomb - its always so hard but especially when its another in your team.  I hope you are doing ok today - sending love xxx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Sorry ladies I completely forgot to come and update!

so, I’ve had my progress scans and all is good to go! We have trigged tonight to get this egg to disperse and give off the hormones and booked in for transfer next Friday at 3pm! Ekk!! 😬😬
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Eeekkkk! That’s so exciting @MrsGB2015 - I have everything crossed for you! xx
    Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016

@KirBe thanks hun 🤞🏼

Hows everyone doing? Xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• MrsH12MrsH12 Posts: 526 New bride
    Oh MrsG that is so exciting! I have my fingers tightly crossed for you 🤞 xx
    @MrsH12 thank you hun xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• MrsHowgateMrsHowgate Posts: 1,387 New bride
    @MrsGB2015 good luck for Friday!

Today was the cremation. Was a lovely service. Only thing that really got me was the song they played when it was time for cremation was the song I walked down the aisle to. Husband was great but it really hit us that baby has gone. Being with other bereaved parents helped as we all there for the same reason. I felt guilty being there because they knew if they had a boy/girl and I didn’t. Now I guess it really is time to move on.