Due October, November & December 2019

PottyPotty Posts: 512 New bride
edited 25 April in You & Your Baby
Hi all, 

I know it’s super early, but I found out last week that we are expecting!!!  We're so excited, and I have worked out that we're due on 14th October. 

Is anyone else out there due in October?  <3 
Married September 2018, Baby due October 2019.  

• Polly27Polly27 Posts: 659 New bride
    Hi Potty, thought I'd tentatively join you. Just done a test yesterday, I'll be due 30th October if everything works out. This will be my 3rd baby, I've already got 2 boys who are 5 and 2 (will be 3 by the time baby arrives as his birthday is August). X
  • Lou85Lou85 Posts: 1,805 New bride
    Just swinging by to say congratulations ladies and an extra big congratulations to you, Polly 😍😍 
  • PottyPotty Posts: 512 New bride
    edited 20 February
    Hi Lou, thank you :)

And Congratulations Polly, finally another October baby... I was beginning to get lonely over here haha.  This is our first baby, and wow, your 3rd baby and 3 under 5!  My Mum was exactly the same as you, I was the 3rd and me, my brother and sister have the same age gaps! x
    My eldest will be 6 in December so nearly 6 years in total between oldest and youngest (if everything works out!), there's 2 years 8 mths between my 2 boys and there will be 3 years 2 months between my youngest and this baby. The thing I'm dreading most is the school run every morning with a newborn. My 2 year old is a nightmare most mornings, refusing to put on his coat/shoes or just refusing to get out of the car so adding a newborn into the mix just seems like it'll be impossible, but my youngest will be at nursery more from September so at least I'll get some time at home on my own with baby. I need a new car this year as well so I'm going to look at a slightly bigger one, as I don't think I'll get 3 car seats in my corsa! I'm very cautious at getting carried away at this stage but it doesn't stop my mind going into planning mode. Xx
  • Edith674Edith674 Posts: 27 New bride
    edited 25 February
    Hi all
    I am 4 weeks 4 days pregnant today with first baby - estimated due date late October. 
    It was our first month TTC so feeling very lucky and excited!
    Have yet to feel sick, but my boobs feel like they have gone up a few sizes already and are very sore (this happened a few days after ovulation so I guessed a few weeks ago!)
    I have ordered a few books but I am a bit confused as to whether I am week 5 or still in week 4 in terms of development. Anyone know? 
    Has any one taken any steps to book medical appointments yet or is it still too early?x

Hi Edith, 

Congratulations - I hope you don't get the sickness!  I am 7 weeks today, and my nausea started last monday bang on my 6 weeks, and it is hell!!!!  I was being sick at half past 10 last night, it lasts all day with me as soon as I wake up until I fall asleep at night and it's really getting me down.  Fingers crossed you don't get it!  What books have you ordered?
    I haven't bought any baby related things at all yet, and I'm from the UK so not sure whether it's different where you are, but I rang my local GP Surgery and notified them of my pregnancy and they put me in touch with my local midwife and they have arranged 2 appointments with me - I don't know what either one is for though, as the woman on the phone was quite rude and just wanted to put the phone down... I need to ring them today actually to clarify! 
    I'm going to ring my doctors next week to arrange a midwife appointment. You usually see the midwife at 8 weeks for a booking in appointment, they'll go through all sorts of medical history and your family medical history, they usually weigh you as well. It's really to identify if your high risk or will need any additional care/tests etc. My dad was diabetic therefore I have to have a glucose tolerance test at around 28 weeks to check for gestational diabetes, which I haven't had with either of my last pregnancies but I'm still classed as high risk for it due to the family history. They should also ask which hospital you want to have the baby and book your 12 week scan there. You can change this further down the line if you want to. I haven't had many symptoms yet but I'll only be 5 weeks on Wednesday, I have just done another test though and it is a strong positive compared to last Wednesday when it was considerably fainter so I'm reassured by that. Sorry for the essay 😂
    Hey Polly, thats good to know - my appointment is the 6th of March so I think thats what that will be and then they made me another appointment for the 15th March - not sure what that ones for?
    Did you have to have a blood test before your appointment?  As my friend who is half way through her pregnancy now said she got a letter through the post and she had to go and have a blood test before her first appointment so they had her bloods for the appointment?  I haven't received a letter or anything?  This stuff is sooo bloody confusing first time round! I don't know whether I'm coming or going!

Haha, I did 8 tests all in all - not one of them was negative and until this sickness malarky started I still kept doubting that I was actually pregnant.  It's a weird feeling isn't it haha.
    Congratulations Edith, we'll have similar due dates. Potty I went to a different hospital for my first scan with my eldest and the receptionist there was horrible, why are people in those kind of jobs if they don't have any people skills. I went to the reception desk (as you would naturally when you go somewhere for an appointment), she practically barked at me that if I'd looked at the posters on the walls I'd have seen that I didn't need to report to reception and to just wait. I changed hospitals the day after. X
    Sorry about the sickness Potty. I am sure I won't escape and maybe it will be reassuring (i am sure I won't be saying that soon!) as I find the worst thing is just not feeling any different this early on. I did another test today just because - I didthe clear blue digital one which tells you how far along you are and I was amazed at how clever it is as its spot on. 

That's good to know about the medical side, I have researched and I can notify my chosen hospital directly as early as 5 weeks and then they will come back in ten days to schedule the appointment - it will be nice to have something in the diary.

I have read what to expect when you are expecting up to the relevant chapter and the mama natural week by week guide. I might get another day by day one too - I am so impatient and like to  know what's going on but it's adding up now £££!

Hey ladies, hope you’re all well!  How are you all feeling?
    i had to go to the drs on Thursday for the sickness as it’s been so bad. I was sick around 12 times on Wednesday 😫 they’ve given me some anti sickness tablets which are literally saving my life right now! I bloody hate being sick!!!!
    Oh potty so sorry to hear you’ve been so sick, glad to hear the tablets are working. I’m starting to feel sick occasionally but I never actually got sick with either of my boys so fingers crossed this pregnancy will be the same. Currently potty training my 2 year old, hopefully he’ll have cracked it before the tiredness kicks in. I remember with both boys from about 7-8 weeks needing to be in bed by 8 at the latest every night. Xx
    Really sorry about the sickness but I’m glad the tablets are working.

I am 5w + 4 today - still no sickness - interested to see if it kicks in at the 6w mark this week. I do quite a lot of exercise and still managing to do that in the mornings but I am going to bed a lot earlier.

X
    Thanks girls! I’m hoping the sickness and nausea clears off at 12 weeks, if not before! I’m 8 weeks today so hopefully not long left of it. 
    Hows the potty training going Polly? I’m already dreading that part of motherhood haha! 
    Im also falling into bed earlier than usual, but am finding the mornings much easier to get up! Usually I snooze about 20 times before dragging myself out of bed for work! 😂 xxx
    edited 4 March
    It’s going ok, he had an accident on the school run, so had to change him in the car. I’m finding it harder with my 2nd because we can’t just stay inside for a few days like I did with my eldest. I tried my eldest when he was 2 years 4 months but he just didn’t get it, so I left it until 2 years 10mths, he had about 2 accidents and that was it, he was done, so my main advice is don’t push it, they’ll do it then they’re ready. There will always be someone that comments that their child was potty trained at 1 blah blah blah, just don’t listen and do what’s right for you. Xx
  • DiaryDiary Posts: 325 New bride
    Hi girls - I was hopping on to the thread with optimism as I’m due AF on Friday and hoping that I can join you girls but would be a November EDD and then I saw your potty training post Polly! My little boy is 3 in June and just wasnt ready at all when I tried him in january! I think I’m going to go cold turkey in the next few weeks and just throw pants on him and see what happens! He will wee and poo on the toilet on request but will not say if he needs!?!

anyway - sorry to commandeer your thread with wee and poo chat - was just nice to hear some potty training tips! Fingers crossed I can join you gals  🤞🏼 

Glad to see you’re all doing well - sickness aside! 👎🏼

L x
    Fingers crossed you’ll be joining us soon Diary. With regards to potty training, just give it another go in a few weeks, like I said eldest just didn’t get it at 2 years 4 months but at 2 years 10mths, we just had 2 wee accidents on the first day and that was it! I couldn’t believe it.  My youngest is doing ok, he’s at nursery tomorrow and Thursday so they can take over for a couple of days 😬😂
    edited 7 March
    Welcome Diary! :smiley: Have you done a test yet?  Fingers crossed for you!  I'm going to change the name of the thread actually so it's not just limited to October babies.  You're also more than welcome to have your poo and wee chats as we'll need the advice soon enough 😂

I had my first midwifes appointment yesterday and have been given a date for my first scan... it's only on bloody April Fools! 🤦🏼‍♀️😂  I was speaking to a lady there aswell, her due date is also the 14th of October and her scan is the slot after mine on the 1st.  I have a feeling we'll keep bumping into eachother haha!

Hope you're all well ladies xxx
    Hi Potty and thank you for the welcome and changing your thread name! 

I will say a quick hello before vanishing until I have a 3+ on a clear blue digital as I’m very nervous this time. I was very naive last time round and now I’m scared - I guess I know more what I can lose it doesn’t work out. Sorry to be so negative! 

Im only 4 weeks today so exceptionally early but my test lines are getting darker and I’ve still back ache and my boobs are beginning to hurt a little. 

Hope you are all well and not long at all until your scan Potty!!  

Will let you know how I am doing in a couple of weeks 😘

L x
    Congratulations Diary!
    How is everybody feeling? Has your sickness improved Potty?
    I still have no sickness and just carrying on as normal which is lovely but sometimes I think is anything actually in there?
    We have an early private scan today, it's right next to our house and I couldn't resist as a fun Saturday activity. Everything was looking good but still too early to see a heartbeat. I am not sure if I would do it again because I think it just makes me analyse everything more. 
    Great to hear you have a 12 week scan date Potty- good to have it in the diary. I have my first midwife appointment in a week. 
    X
  • MrsH12MrsH12 Posts: 511 New bride
    Hi ladies, ive been lurking for a few weeks but didnt want to post. I found out I was pregnant on 16th Feb but due to a previous MC I didn't want to get too excited. Anyway had a private scan today and saw baby with a heartbeat! And measuring at 8 weeks! So I am officially joining you all if that's okay?
    Xx
    Edith glad the scan was all good. I know with my first I ending up having 3 early scans due to a miscarriage before, the ones before 7/8 weeks don’t show much. With my 2nd I managed to hold off until 10 weeks and the difference is amazing. I think I’m going to book one for around week 9 this time. 
    Congratulations MrsH, it’s so reassuring seeing the heartbeat. I know how it feels being pregnant after a miscarriage, hopefully you can relax a bit more now. 
    Potty I hope your morning sickness has improved. 
    Diary hope everything’s going well for you, I know you said you were disappearing until you get your 3+ so fingers crossed that happens soon. 
    I’ve got my booking in appointment with the midwife on Tuesday. Still don’t feel very pregnant other than sore boobs and occasionally feeling a bit sick. Think it’ll be once a have a scan it will dawn on me! X
    Edith and MrsH - lovely news about your scans! 

Im still lurking around Polly! Not much to report. Still have backache and still a bit tired but nothing else. Will take my second digital on Friday. I got 1-2 weeks last Thursday there. 

Im still feeling very out of sorts and worried - was so naive first time around! I keep getting this overwhelming feeling of dread (yes I know that sounds utterly dramatic) but I’ve fallen pregnant first shot twice and I just don’t see how I can have such luck 😔 Sorry to be so miserable - here’s hoping it’s the crazy hormones talking! 

Anyway - Have booked in with the midwife as you get your 12 week scan apps at the time you call so you need to call quick or they fill up. 

Im on holiday 29th April - 4th May when the scan would probably have been but I got 6th May and should be 12 and a half weeks then. For a bit of reassurance I have booked for an early scan on 7th April and if my calculations are correct I will be 8+3 then. Have my booking app on 2nd April which is a full 2 weeks earlier than with my little boy. 

I hope the rest of you are having a nice Monday and all a day closer to scans and appointments! 

L x

Morning girls.

I got my 3+ on my digital this morning 😊 By my calculation I am only 5 weeks today though so I’m pleased with that and let out a little happy dance in the bathroom! 

Hope youre all well. Been checking in on the TTC thread and hopefully some of the ladies can join soon! 

Have a nice Thuraday everyone!

L x
  • MrsN82MrsN82 Posts: 208 New bride
    Yay congratulations again @Diary ☺️ Xx
    Thank you ever so much @MrsN82 ☺️ I hope you and your family are doing well and you’re keeping well - not long to go for you now I see! x
    Great news about the 3+ diary. I had my booking in appointment on Tuesday, should hopefully get my scan date soon. I warned the midwife that most people struggle to get blood from me (last time I had to go back to the doctors twice and ended up having to get them done at the hospital!) so I was impressed she got it first time, but I now have a massive bruise up my arm. She was even looking at getting it from my hand at one point 😱. Just started a new job this week, it’s working for my brother who knows I’m pregnant so at least I don’t have to worry about telling my employer! When I first spoke to him about working for him I told him I wanted another baby so I would be hopefully going on maternity at some point.Really enjoying it so far, I’m an Accountant and have worked in practice for 12 years so it’s really nice to be doing something a bit different. I’m still doing accounts but it’s just for one company and my role is a bit more varied now. 
    On another note, the midwife suggested I download the baby buddy app, I’ve done this and it’s gives you daily updates/news. Today’s news was telling me about how most miscarriages happen in the first 12 weeks and the signs to look for. I thought it was a bit insensitive, most people are well aware of the risks and it’s just made me really anxious. I’m not overly excited yet anyway as I know it’s early but I really don’t think this needs to pop up on updates. x
    edited 18 March
    Welcome MrsH - congratulations!  Thats great news Diary!
    That is really insensitive Polly, you're right!  I have been using an app called pregnancy+ and have found that really useful, may be give that one a go?

My sickness has improved lots - but am still having the odd bad days!  I was away this weekend for one my best friends hen dos, which was actually hilarious being the only sober one and watching all the others! Luckily the sickness was very well behaved and I wasn't sick at all until I got home last night!

I don't really have any baby updates, I still don't really feel pregnant (apart from the sickness) and I just cannot wait for the scan, or for a bump to appear to make it feel more real.  I'm getting really impatient now!

Hope you all had a lovely weekend ladies!
    Glad the sickness is improving potty. I know what you mean about not feeling pregnant. It still doesn’t feel real yet, I’ve booked an early scan for 30th March when I’ll be 9 +2 so hopefully it will sink in. I don’t know if tiredness is kicking in or if it’s just I’m shattered running round after my 2 year old and 5 year old but every night by 8 I’m ready for bed. Currently sat in bed watching tv. Hope everyone else is doing ok x
    Hi all

Glad your sickness is improving Potty! I imagine the hen do was very enlightening 😂 If all goes well I have a family wedding in May and will be 13 weeks - I was also at a wedding at 13 weeks when I was last pregnant. So funny seeing people think they can dance very well when drunk. I’m the same mind you!!  Hope the dress I bought still fits! Not least because when I tried it on my son said ‘look Daddy - a princess!’ 

Thats exciting about your scan Polly! I soooo can’t wait for mine. It’s the 7th April. I’ve never had an early private one before. Do you mind me asking what happens? Do they make any comment on anything or just show you the screen? Sorry if that sounds silly but I’ve no idea!

Other than needing a wee more often and slightly sore boobs I don’t feel much different. That said only coming up for 6 weeks so I know I shouldn’t be over thinking it 😞 

Hope everyone is keeping well 😘 

L x