TTC 34 - 2019 / 2020 babies! 👶

• DandelionBlueDandelionBlue Posts: 1,419 New bride
    edited March 2019
    MrsRagdoll Sorry af arrived. I think the relaxed month is a good idea. I was considering going that way myself. But have opted to give it one more month guns blazing.

MrsPope and OmRum. I get the green eyed monster too. Everytime I see someone with a baby on board sign, a pregnancy belly, etc. A youtube couple I was watching said they were struggling. But just announced they are pregnant after 3 months trying. And it is their second. And for some reason it really got me upset. Its ridiculous I don't even know them. But this is a tough jouney. However I need to try to remind myself that everyone has their own journey.

I am considering going on the Keto diet for a month or two. Although it will be difficult whilst moving. And without a proper kitchen.
  • MrsPope2018MrsPope2018 Posts: 1,306 New bride
    Dandelion I've seen the keto diet mentioned a lot with TTC but never looked into it. I cant seem to stick to any kind of diet these days 🙈I'm sure that's one of the things the GP is going to say at our appointment next week that we both need to loose a bit of weight. 

Had an email from Amazon to say my thermometer and opks wont be here until Saturday 😞 so don't know if its worth starting temping this cycle or not, I will be CD8 by the time I can start. My fertile week starts next Monday so going to give it all we've got this month in a desperate last attempt for a 2019 baby. 

The jealousy is awful isn't it, even though I know this couple have got some really hard stuff going on in their lives atm, it's the fact they got married after us and are pregnant before us that gets to me, even though I know that's completely ridiculous and it doesn't work like that. I'm hoping that after we have been to our apt next week I will start to feel a bit more positive because I'm sick of feeling negative about the whole situation these days!
  • SammykateSammykate Posts: 3,916 New bride
    edited March 2019
    Thank you for the support and advice ladies. If only fertility really did run in families, right! My gran had 5 kids, my mum 3 (one not planned) and my sister is apparently super fertile... I'll probably be the odd one out.

Hubby did have mumps as a teenager and is worried that could have affected him, however I have googled and it's not a likelihood. He already takes zinc as he's into his vitamins and supplements, and I started us both on folic acid a month ago.

Totally know what you mean with spotting pregnant ladies and babies everywhere- it's like as soon as you start TTC a radar gets switched on. Even hubs mentioned he's suddenly seeing kids everywhere since we decided to go for it!

The redundancy thing sucks as I have a really cushy job where I work from home and it's uber low stress (before you hate me I have worked some horrific jobs in my time!). Really trying to keep the pressure off, but if I get a BFP before early May I'll still qualify for stat maternity pay... if not I'll have to take the government maternity grant. The redundancy payout will be needed to make up for the lack of company maternity pay!
    edited March 2019
    oops double posted
    Ooh the thermometer arrived today after all just as I was on my way to work so hopefully I can start that tomorrow. Am having some very light bleeding/spotting today so not sure if its AF that's not quite finished although I had nothing yesterday. 

Sammykate 🤞for a may BFP!! 
  • OmRumOmRum Posts: 859 New bride
    That's good news on the thermometer MrsPope! I had similar bleeding at the end of my last AF so I don't think it's uncommon.

I have some good news! We've had our mortgage agreed! So now we just have to wait for the solicitors to finalise things, and then we can set a moving date. I think I might be spending this weekend sorting through stuff to chuck away to make moving seem like a less daunting task...

I'm still not sure about how we will cope with having a one bed flat if we do get our BFP, but it's the only way we can get on the ladder so we'll have to make do for a year or two. For every month I get AF I try to think at least that's one more month in the new flat before baby arrives...
    Congrats on the mortgage! We would also like to get on the housing ladder, but like you we'd have to compromise on space a lot and I'm not really willing to do that. One day though!
  • Hannah343Hannah343 Posts: 291 New bride
    Congratulations OmRum about the mortgage that’s great news 

Good to hear your thermometer arrived Mrs Pope, all the best with the temping 

Welcome to the thread Sammykate, I hope you get your BFP soon

I haven’t heard of the keto diet Dandelion, all the best if you decide to give it a go

I’m so sorry Mrs R, I hope af isn’t too painful and she hurries up and goes

I’m sorry you’re out Mrs M
    I took another test this morning, af would’ve been due yesterday. It was just as faint as the one Tuesday evening, if not a tad fainter. I’ve got a feeling this is going to be a chemical pregnancy :( I’ve come home from work with bad cramps, I feel as though my body is trying to start af. I guess it just wasn’t meant to be. At least on a positive side, that should count as the third loss so we can go to the doctor and asks about having tests done
  • Tallie237Tallie237 Posts: 362 New bride
    edited March 2019
    Just catching up ladies so will do a proper post later but didn't want to read and run - Hannah I really hope this isn't a CP, I have everything crossed that you have a positive outcome. 🤞 hope you're doing ok
    Hannah I'm keeping everything crossed for you that it's not a CP. How far apart have you been testing?sending lots of positive vibes. Keep us updated xx
  • MrsPB2019MrsPB2019 Posts: 800 New bride
    Thank you for the vitamin advice ladies.

Congratulations in the mortgage OmRum!

MrsPope what thermometer did you order? I’m looking to start temping after my wedding next month eeek.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Hannah.
    Oh Hannah. I really hope it is not a CP. Hopefully it is just early days.

MrsPBtobe. You just need to make sure the thermometer shows two digits after the dot. Its called a basal body thermometer.

Congrats OmRum on the mortgage. That is so exciting. We went through the process a month ago. Hopefully everything else will go smoothly.
    I think babies dont need that much space at first. But you will cross that bridge when you get there.

MrsPope Feel free to ask me questions about temping. I am interested to see how you get on with it.
    I still have a few tiny dots of old blood when I wipe.
    It is a bit early to be ovulation spotting no?

Sammykate I didnt realise the men shoukd take folic acid too?
    I hope you find a new job that is just as cushy. I am curious, what do you work as? I would love to work from home.

MrsP I just typed in BBT thermometer in Amazon and loads came up. The one I got was by a company called BabyMad (appropriate 😂) I always said I'd never temp as it seems stressful but even though I do get positive opks I know that doesn't actually confirm ovulation like temping does, so thought it was worth a go.

Congrats on the mortgage OmRum, how exciting!good luck with everything. 

Dandelion thanks, I'm sure I will have lots of questions! I don't know how I'll get on with waking up early every day with my shifts 🙈 what CD are you now? 

Does anyone have anything nice planned for the weekend? I'm on a 14 hour day at work tomorrow and then Sunday I'm going for an early mothers day meal with my parents and my sister and brother and his gf and my hubby's parents, my hubby has got to work now unfortunately (he is flat out at work so doing lots of overtime at the weekend) so I will have to entertain both sets of parents 😂😂 luckily they get on well. 
  • MrsPB2019MrsPB2019 Posts: 800 New bride
    Thank you. It’s funny you say that as temping seems less stressful to me than opks.

Had a date night in with H2B last night as he’s working all weekend. I’m just off to Parkrun now, later have my final fitting and should be bringing my wedding dress home and then first trial for wedding nails. Other than that it’s a mixture of chores and chilling on the sofa.

Have a good weekend all.
  • Polly27Polly27 Posts: 668 New bride
    Hannah I’m just thread hopping to give you my experience. My first bfp turned into a chemical pregnancy, my 2nd bfp got to 8 weeks pregnant and found out there was no heartbeat and miscarried at 11 weeks naturally so when I got my 3rd bfp I was convinced I was having another chemical as it looked like the tests got fainter after a couple of days. I booked myself a doctors appointment ready to demand an investigation, then a few days later before my appointment I decided to test again and it was a strong positive: I now have a 5 year old who is currently on his way to football. I’m hoping this is exactly the case with you. Try give it a couple more days, even this time the difference between tests at the beginning in 2 days was barely noticeable. Fingers crossed, I know how awful this stage is with anxiety especially when you’ve had miscarriages before xx
    MrsP I think it's just the fact you have to do it at the same time after a block of sleep and last night I kept waking up which is unusual for me so I think it must have been on my mind lol. 
    Oh my gosh how exciting about getting your dress 😊I miss all that side of the wedding planning! Have a lovely weekend 
    Thank you ladies, I really appreciate your support. I tested Tuesday evening and then Friday morning with FMU.

Thank you Polly, I really appreciate your reply. It's good to read a positive outcome. Everything I've read so far ends with a CP.

I think I'm most worried because of the pain, since yesterday evening it's been a period like pain, I'd say moderately bad but not severe. I've had a hot water bottle constantly. To be honest I'm really surprised that there's no bleeding, I've been wearing towels since yesterday because I feel like it's coming.
    I really want to have hope and be positive but I don't think I have it in me. 
    Oh Hannah, I don't have any advice or anything useful to say but wanted to say I'm thinking of you and hoping that everything is ok, I know it's easier said than done but try and take it easy over the next few days. Xxx
    So you get what you pay for and I shouldn't be such a cheap skate but my bloody thermometer has stopped working already, seems like the battery is dead. When  I looked at the reviews this seems to have happened to a few people. Should have read the reviews before buying!!so now by the time I order and wait for a new one to arrive it's not going to be worth doing this cycle. Sooo annoying!!
    Oh Hannah. I really hope it is not a CP. Hopefully it is just early days.

MrsPBtobe. You just need to make sure the thermometer shows two digits after the dot. Its called a basal body thermometer.

Congrats OmRum on the mortgage. That is so exciting. We went through the process a month ago. Hopefully everything else will go smoothly.
    I think babies dont need that much space at first. But you will cross that bridge when you get there.

MrsPope Feel free to ask me questions about temping. I am interested to see how you get on with it.
    I still have a few tiny dots of old blood when I wipe.
    It is a bit early to be ovulation spotting no?

Sammykate I didnt realise the men shoukd take folic acid too?
    I hope you find a new job that is just as cushy. I am curious, what do you work as? I would love to work from home.

Hi Dandelion, I'm an administrator in Occupational Health but its really just luck I work from home- I worked in the office for 4yrs but hubby got a new job so we had to move 1.5hrs drive away. I had a really nice boss at the time and she agreed I could stay in role and work from home as I can do the majority of my job remotely! I used to commute into the office one day a weel but since my boss left and other changes its more like once a month now. Have to say its been lovely and I get so much housework and cooking done lol!

We went up to my sisters house in York for the weekend and helped entertain her 2yr old- he is such a cutie but where do they get all their energy from!! Knackered now lol.
    Hi, I've missed so much! Let's hope the new thread brings us all luck!

Hannah hope your doing ok, been thinking of you x

Mrspope how annoying about the thermomater! I keep thinking I should temp but I'm a rubbish sleeper so keep putting it off. Good luck for the doctors appointment, if it's not too much trouble could you let me know what they do/ask? I'm going to make an appointment for the next few weeks but already getting anxious about it!

Mrspbtobe your wedding prep weekend sounds fab, I miss that a lot!

Congrats omrum on the mortgage!

Welcome Sammykate, wishing you lots of luck. Working from home sounds amazing, although it must take some discipline to actually get any work done!

Dandelion how are you doing? I have been struggling with the green eyed monster a lot recently, especially in Disney with lots of babies everywhere!

Sorry if I've missed anyone!

I'm back from France, we had a great time despite AFs appearance! Struggled a little with all the cute kids at Disney but otherwise enjoyed lots of wine and time with my husband and our friends. Had a chat with husband and hes reluctant to go to the doctors yet - he wants to try a month or 2 of vitamins for him first. So we're just researching what's best - from what I'm reading maybe vitamin c? If anyone has any advice on Male vitamins I'd appreciate it! I'm still thinking of making an appointment for me towards the end of the month and see what the doctor says. Also we are both going to start eating healthier and cutting down on alcohol and caffeine! Well starting tomorrow Haha. 🤞 our hard work pays off!

Annoyingly it seems to be working again now so I took my temp this morning but missed yesterday, not sure how much that will affect things. I don't think I will temp for more than a few cycles, it must be on my mind more than I realise because I'm usually a good sleeper but I keep waking up constantly through the night. Maybe I'm worried I wont wake up in time or something 😂😂 CD9 and according to ovia I'm in my fertile week now so will start the opks today. 
    Tallie I will definitely let you know the outcome on Thursday. Glad you had a good time in France despite AF. Let me know if you find much out about the Male supplements although my hubby is very reluctant to take any  maybe after our apt he might come round to it. 

Hope everyone had a good weekend, anyone near testing/AF yet?
    Tallie I can imagine that seeing all the kids in disney must have been hard. I think vitamin C is a good idea, as well as zinc.

Sammykate That was really good of your boss at the time.
     Little ones do have so much energy. That is the main thing that makes me feel old lol.

Hannah. How are you doing? I hope the cramps have eased up.

MrsPope That is incredibly annoying with the thermometer. Maybe boots sells them?

MrsPB you remind me off all the fun of wedding planning. Getting my dress back was such a big moment.

Nothing to report from my side. I am CD8. Took my first advanced opk today and got an empty circle. But will start BD every other day tonight hopefully.

On another note, I'm using some different opks this cycle, the CB digis were getting expensive, and I usually really struggle to see any sort of second line on this type, but I can clearly see a second line this morning, it's very obviously negative as I expect on CD9 but I'm just happy that I might actually be able to get on with these ones.😊 it's the simple things. 

Dandelion we are aiming to BD roughly EOD too until a positive opk, good luck with the digitals, I really like them and like being able to use FMU. 
    Thanks Dandelion, he bought vitamin c to try for now, might get zinc in a month or so once hes used to taking these. I'm also CD8 🙂

Ah how typical that its working now mrspope! That's good about the cheap opks though. I've just realised I hardly have any left so might give them a miss this cycle.
    edited March 2019
    I dont really know why I do them every month to be honest Tallie, whenever I do I always get my peak between CD12 and 15 so I should just BD regularly in my fertile week which would cover it, but we wanted to give it one more month all in this month. 

Tallie & dandelion we are in this cycle together again then as I'm CD9. 

Hannah how are you doing?? 

Hope everyone else is ok!
  • OmRumOmRum Posts: 859 New bride
    Is anyone else in their tww? I seem to be off sync with everyone else! I'm 3dpo. Feeling exhausted, but that might be because I'm doing the three day first aid course this week. Lots of rolling around on the floor! It's going to be a long week...

Ah no Mrs Pope, it sucks that the thermometer is messing you around, I hope it’s working alright now.

I’m so glad you managed to enjoy France Tallie despite everything.

Good luck with the OPK’s Dandelion, fingers crossed for you

Good luck in your tww OmRum, all the best

Thank you ladies for your support, it really means a lot right now.

I don’t really know what to think right now. The cramps starting easing up a lot around Saturday lunchtime but have been reappearing now and then. The backache seems more constant.

I took another test yesterday admittingly in the afternoon and my husband thinks it’s ever so slightly darker. I don’t really know how to feel, I don’t want to get my hopes up but there’s been no bleeding whatsoever so I feel that is a positive. I’m 4+2 today, I’m going to hold off taking a digital test for a bit longer.

I've been trying to mediate and keep my stress to a minimum until we got the big Ofsted call today, I didn't leave until 7:30pm. It's going to be a long day tomorrow