Forum home You & Your Baby

TTC 34 - 2019 / 2020 babies! 👶

• MrsPope2018MrsPope2018 Posts: 1,369 New bride
    OmRum I'm glad your results came back so quickly and were all normal! Good idea to book another appointment though to discuss. Hopefully your scan isn't too long of a wait. 

MrsMin that looks very close to positive, just keep going with them and BD in case 😜 

Ragdoll sorry you've been poorly. 🤞🤞you cant drink, but sounds like you've got a good weekend planned if AF does arrive. 

Sammykate sounds like your husbands trip wont be too badly timed then and 🤞 for ov when he gets back. 

Af is being a compete b*tch and kicking my butt this cycle. It is so so heavy 😞😞 my moon cup was completely full and overflowing after 6 hours at work last night which never happens for me and I've just woken up after my night shift and have soaked through the pad, my pjs onto the bed. I know I shouldn't worry about everything but it is making me anxious, the dr asked if my periods were heavy and I said no, but I do occassionly get these odd days of extremely heavy flow. I might mention it when I go back for my follow up apt. 
  • Hannah343Hannah343 Posts: 292 New bride
    edited 23 February

edited 23 February

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 4,014 New bride
    Did another OPK today and there's a very faint 2nd line- does this mean I'm getting closer to Ovulation and should keep testing? Is it worth doing more than once a day, I've seen some of you mention doing it twice?
    Sammykate what CD are you? I tend to start testing twice a day when the line gets a bit darker because I must have a short surge and I usually miss it if I dont test twice a day. 

I'm CD4 and AF is almost gone, I had two days of really really heavy bleeding and then since then it's been light flow/spotting, it's not like my usual periods which is a bit concerning but right on time and with the 4 days of spotting beforehand I know it's nothing else. 

Only 2 weeks until my husband has his doctors appointment and then we can see what we are going to do from there. We've got quite a few nights out/weekends away coming up over the next couple of months, including our wedding anniversary so I'm going to try my best to put TTC to the back of my mind a bit and just go with the flow while we are looking into things with the doctors. 

Hope everyone's having a good weekend.  X
    Hi MrsPope, I'm CD11. Got a very faint line on the OPK yesterday lunch time and then nothing at all since then. So either that was a 'nothing' reading or my window is super short, I don't know. I've been testing twice a day.
    Might just have to be a case of guessing and BD as much as possible...

Nice that you have a few weekends etc booked! We are going to Florida for 2 weeks at the start of May and I can't wait.
    Oh wow Florida sounds amazing,  I'm very jealous! We're not having a 'proper' holiday this year because we are doing a lot of work on the house but I desperately want some sun!

Hmm, I used to really really struggle with the cheaper strip opks and never got a positive, I switched to the digitals and always got a peak and found them much easier to use but they got expensive . I'm now using the wondfo ones off Amazon, more expensive than the strip ones, but cheaper than the digis and I get on great with them. Maybe if you dont get a positive after a few cycles try a different brand. But yeah just keep BDing in case 😜
  • Tallie237Tallie237 Posts: 400 New bride
    Dandelion how are you? How many dpo now? The renovations sound stressful, I remember when we renovated our house and there just being dust everywhere!

Glad the tests came back normal omrum and good thing that they're doing further investigation too.

Ragdoll all those symptoms sound promising! We most be close as my AF is due Friday but I feel like it might arrive soon. Wow 7 weeks, that's amazing! Here's hoping for another dry 9 months.

Hannah that day out sounds fun and your Italy trip sounds amazing! Lots of nice things to focus on x

Sammykate I'm so jealous of your Florida trip! Its one of my favourite places. Were not doing a big holiday this year so feeling a bit deprived Haha.

Mrspope I'm sorry AF has been so awful and heavy. Not long until your husbands appt! I actually think me and my husband should try BDing slightly less next cycle as we do it quite a lot; just not sure how to get him on board with that plan!

I feel very much like AF is on the way, wouldn't be surprised if it was by the end of today. Not predicted until Friday though. Got my gp appointment this afternoon. A little nervous (I actually dreamt I missed it last night!). Once I get back from there me and Husband are going to watch the new GoT episode (just need to stay off social media today to avoid spoilers!)
    Tallie good luck with your GP appointment! We can't watch GoT until this evening so no facebook for me today haha. God knows how I'm going to manage missing 2 episodes in Florida!
    Thanks for the OPK advice MrsPope- I'll continue testing this month and if I don't have any joy I will look for one of the oned you suggested.
  • DandelionBlueDandelionBlue Posts: 1,451 New bride
    Good morning ladies

We had a busy weekend moving our fish to the new house (they all survived). And then choosing and buying tiles.
    I am a bit confused with my cycle. On Saturday morning I had some bright red blood.  After having cramps the day before. That was 11 or 12dpo.  It was quite a lot for spotting but not enough for a period. I then had just very light brown spotting since then when I wipe. And no more cramps or even lower back pain. 
    I normally get pink cm. Then brown spotting. Then red spotting. Then full flow. Then brown spotting.
    So was Saturday morning af?

Sammykate I tend to test in the morning and afternoon with cheap opks. Some ladies have a very short surge. But you probably just didnt ovulate yet. This month for instance I only had two days of darker lines before my peak.

Tallie I hope af doesnt show her ugly face and that your appointment gives you some answers. The best one being that you are pg of course.

MrsPope I am sorry af is being such a b**** this cycle. I think it is a good thing your husband is trying to take charge. They often tend to just be back seat drivers.

Hannah your wedding gift for your husband was so cool! And your holiday in Italy sounds amazing. Very jelly.

Thank you Dandelion maybe I just didn't ov yet. Made hubs BD last night when he was knackered after getting back from his trip so he won't be pleased if that's the case lol.

Sorry another OPK question- the instructions leaflet that came with them says to hold your pee for 4yrs before testing, and also to not drink many fluids. So I can't drink and I can't pee?! Do you girls stick to this? I've been trying but I can't manage 4hrs!

edited April 2019
    Good luck with the apt Tallie, what time have you got it? Let us know how you get on. Haha my husband has a pretty low sex drive anyway (another reason I wonder if his testosterone is low) so hes not too bothered about it, hes almost taking it to the extreme though I feel like I'm on a sex ban 🤣🤣 I really hope AF doesn't arrive! Strange that it would be so early so maybe the feeling your getting is a good sign. 🤞🤞

Dandelion that does sound strange, is that when AF would have been due anyway? Have you tested? 

Sammykate I cant hold my wee for 4hours, I wee all the time! Esp around ovulation. I try and hold for around 2 hours and reduce my fluids a but but not completely. 
    Thanks MrsPope, I've been reducing water and holding off for around 2hrs like you say so hopefully thats enough! I did get that urge to pee thing constantly last month but not happened yet this month... maybe my cycle is still messed up a bit.
  • MrsRagdollMrsRagdoll Posts: 281 New bride

SammyKate - I always test first thing and then will test once I'm home from work after not going wee for about 1.5 to 2 hours. This tends to be ok for me and I've had pretty accurate results I think! Im soooo excited for GOT, my husband has already seen a spoiler - people who post them on fb are just so rude! So so jealous of your Florida trip, I have always wanted to go and it's top of my to do list for big holidays!

Dandelion that doesn't sound like AF to me, have you tested/will you just in case? You must be 13/14 dpo now? I really hope that it could have been heavy implantation or something! Happy to hear all your fish made it, are they coy or tank fish?

I'm glad AF has left MrsPope, are you going to ntnp this month? I hope your husbands appointment goes well, I think men find these things actually more daunting than us women!

Hannah your Italy trip sounds AMAZING! Italy is in my top 5 favourite countries and I absolutely love both Rome and Venice! My one tip is to buy the queue jump tickets for the Vatican, the queues were hours when we went in early June a few years back. Also the Colosseum had the shortest queues in the afternoon a few hours before it closes :)

Tallie happy to have a cycle buddy! I am not confident at all this month though and tbh if AF arrives I am looking forward to a busy weekend of wine, gin & tonics and espresso martinis! I hope AF doesn't arrive for you though, when will you test if it doesn't turn up?

I ordered another pack of FRER off amazon over the weekend as they were only £5.25 for 2! I honestly have so many pregnancy tests but never use them because AF always arrives dead on time! Haha

This week is going to be BUSY at work, I do feel like stress may be a reason why it's taking a bit longer to get pregnant! Unfortunately unless I quit there is just nothing I can do about it and although my husband would be happy if I did we would only scrape by and wouldn't be able to afford a baby :(

MrsPope Af was due today or tomorrow. I will wait until Wednesday I think and then test if af doesn't show up. I guess if it is negative then, I will assume Saturday was af. But if it was then I am very concerned about how light it was.

Sammykate the morning one I do right when I wake up. Or if I wake up in the middle of the night with the urge to pee, I just wee in a plastic cup and test in the morning. The evening one I do in when I get home from work. Usually with a one or two hour wait.
    Sorry MrsRagdoll we posted at the same time.

I have a goldfish and a golfish/koi. But they live in a 250l aquarium. And are both about 30cm long. So pretty big.

I might have a look at FRERs on amazon.

Could you maybe negotiate a sabbatical with your work? Or talk to HR about reducing your stress?

Thanks for the advice, the instructions said not to use your first morning urine, but surely that is the most 'concentrated'?! I will try that and then one in the afternoon.

If I watch the first episode of GoT without my hubby am I a terrible wife?! Lol

I think its something to do with when your LH levels are at their peak rather than the concentration of the urine but dont quote me on that. I tend to use my second morning urine but lots of people use first and dont have a problem. I might be the only person that's never watched GOT 🙈🤣too late to start now I think!

Ragdoll i never get to test either because spotting always starts before AF so I also have a few tests piling up as the opks always come with a couple of pg tests. 
  • MrsMinMarch2016MrsMinMarch2016 Posts: 510 New bride
    edited April 2019
    I’ve been doing 2 a day at about 11 and 6 as I also heard not to use first morning urine. Ive been trying to hold it best I can but can only manage about 2 hrs tops!! 

Stil getting a 2nd line but haven’t got any darker since the other day so expecting ov this wkd same as last month.

Smep going to plan so far but hav gotten  a cold today so just feel like sleeping but I’m determined to stick with it!

Sammy I don’t work Monday’s & hubby has also been off so got to watch GOT when our daughter had her morning nap. He wouldn’t hav been impressed if I’d watched it without him, it was brill!!

Dandelion so hope this is ur mth not long to find out now 🤞

Very jealous of these amazing holidays ladies I need to get booking one!!!
    So doctors was a bit disappointing was in and out in under 3 minutes and that included being interrupted by the receptionist asking about other people's prescriptions and bloodwork! He asked a few questions and then said I need to have a blood test, get the results and then will be referred to a gynaecologist, is this what other people have been told?
    I also have no idea what they're going to be testing for with the blood test as I asked if it needed to be done at certain point in my cycle and he said no just whenever you can get an appointment so I'm guessing not progesterone?
     I also couldn't get an appointment for a blood test for 2.5 weeks due to the nurses holiday so its going to be nearly a month before I see the doctor again (he said a week after the blood test). I know at least they're doing something so I should feel relieved but I actually feel more confused as he didn't really explain anything and I didn't think I could ask as the receptionist had walked in twice by this point so I just left.

Sorry for the moan, I'll scroll back up and catch up on everyone now, just wanted to get this wrote down before I forgot!
    Dandelion that bleed sounds really strange,I think I'd test just to be sure if I was you. Glad the move for the fish went well!

Sammykate I also only manage a 2hr ish hold so wouldn't worry too much. I think my hubby would kill me if I watched it without him, we've now seen it though 😁 roll on next week!

Ragdoll sorry work is going to be stressful,I have wondered if the stress from work combined with ttc has had an effect on me but like you said theres not much you can do about it! I think I'll test Thursday as will be having drinks Thursday night, however almost 100% sure AF will be here by then. How about you?

Mrsmin sorry about the cold, but good job on the smep (it's just dawned on me that strangers congratulating you on your sex life might be a bit weird 😂 you know what I mean though!)

Mrspope sorry about all the GoTs talk Haha, it is a brilliant show though!

Oh also forgot to mention that I think I'm on 10dpo (although at this point I cant be certain; maybe slightly more!) And so far no spotting 🤞famous last words I know but it's the furthest I've got for months without any! 
    Tallie I'm sorry you didn't have a great experience with the doctor but I suppose at least you have some sort of plan going forward with the blood test and seeing the gynae drs. They didn't mention seeing anyone else to me, I need to make another appointment really to discuss my bloods and the next steps but I'm holding off until hubby has seen his doctor incase his results come back with anything. Maybe the lack of spotting is a good sign and you'll end up with your BFP!! 
    Tallie I'm sorry you didn't have a great experience with the doctor but I suppose at least you have some sort of plan going forward with the blood test and seeing the gynae drs. They didn't mention seeing anyone else to me, I need to make another appointment really to discuss my bloods and the next steps but I'm holding off until hubby has seen his doctor incase his results come back with anything. Maybe the lack of spotting is a good sign and you'll end up with your BFP!! 
  • MrsRagdollMrsRagdoll Posts: 281 New bride

What did everyone think of GoT? I loved the episode even though not a whole lot happened!

Tallie I'm sorry you're appointment left you feeling disappointed, do you know if there are any walk in blood clinics near you that you could get in to quicker than the GP appointment?

12 dpo for me and I'm getting my usual pre-AF heaviness so expect her tomorrow/Thursday so right on time as always :)

• OmRumOmRum Posts: 940 New bride
    edited April 2019
    I thought it was good insofar as it reminded you of who all the characters were and where they were! 

Sorry AF is knocking, MrsRagdoll. At least there'll be plenty of chocolate for you. 

Tallie, that's rubbish about the doctor. Perhaps book with a different doctor and see if they're more sympathetic?

I've decided not to opk this month.  My app thinks Ov will happen on Easter Monday which is perfect as we have no major plans for Easter. FC for an Easter miracle!
  • MrsPB2019MrsPB2019 Posts: 832 New bride
    In a bid to tempt fate haha I’ve just signed up to Brighton marathon next year. I ran my first half last year so want to tick a full off my bucket list. Obviously if I do get pregnant I’ll have to defer but also didn’t want it to be this time next year where I regret not signing up to the marathon because I assumed I’d be pregnant/had a baby.
    edited April 2019
    Thanks Mrspope. I feel a lot better about it this morning, at least were making some progress even if it is slow. I think I was just hoping for a bit more information on what they're testing for etc. I really hope that is the case but I've had cramps on and off since Saturday that feel exactly like AF so I cant see it happening :(

Ragdoll I really enjoyed the episode! Excited for next weeks already. About the blood test I dont think there is anywhere around me that does that. Think I just need to learn some patience! I feel the same AF heaviness so know how you feel, fingers crossed it isn't for either of us though! 
    edited 23 February

edited 23 February
    Hannah that is so beautifully written ♥️ I've been having a low day but that has just given me some perspective. Glad you have your referral through although sorry it's so long away.

Omrum& MrsPBtobe I must have xposted with you before!

MrsPBtobe wow a marathon! Although fingers crossed for a good reason to defer :)

Omrum, I think I'm just going to wait it out,the doctor was really nice and sympathetic I think just overworked and trying to multi task which made me feel like a bit of a bother! I'll make sure I ask the questions next time!

Caved and tested this morning using a cheap strip test- BFN of course! AF due Friday so not testing again unless its late, although not hopeful. 
    Anyone else testing/ due to test?