Forum home You & Your Baby

Due March/April 2020

1111213141517»

• Thanks @mrsfbc!

Our 16 week was a bit of a box ticking exercise too. Other than heartbeat, which we'd already heard, the only clinical thing they did was the standard blood pressure and wee check. Everything else was updating me on results I already knew. I thought it was because my midwife was off sick, but maybe they're all like that?

Might be worth getting your iron levels checked if you're still that tired? It took me until week 14 or so until my energy levels picked up again.

I've given up and gone into over-bump trousers. My bump has definitely and kind of suddenly popped. Hubby keeps looking surprised and then grinning and rubbing it.
  • MrsMinMarch2016MrsMinMarch2016 Posts: 510 New bride
    edited October 2019
    I don't mind starting a new thread, if everyone wants to update me with their EDD and gender if you know it yet and if not if you plan to find out or not?

@mrseebe2be congratulations on your little girl!!! I absolutely love the idea of your husbands name randomiser on excel  :D  We are pretty much sorted for a boys name but if its a girl we have absolutely no idea! Its weird as with my little girl we had such a strong feeling on the gender (even though we were wrong haha) but this time I don't feel stronger one way or the other.

We are home from an absolutely amazing family holiday, couldn't fault it at all and such a lovely one to mark our last break as a 3  :) 

I had a consultant appt on Monday at the hospital about my low platelets and for once the lady really listened to me about my traumatic first labour and seem to really want to work with me to ensure this one goes differently, although she said she was in agreement for induction because of the risk of the platelets dropping too low she said they could potentially start me on a steroid treatment in 3 wks time which should keep my platelets from dropping too low which means my pain relief options come labour would be much better.  I can't tell you how relieved I am!

I had my whooping cough injection yesterday too and my arm is killing me today!!

18 wks today and I 'think' I may be feeling little tiny kicks, they are low down and happen so quickly it has me second guessing them but I've had so many now I feel it must be it, eek!!

• MrsGB2015MrsGB2015 Posts: 3,889 New bride
    Morning ladies,

we had our 12 week scan this morning and all is perfect. 😍

measuring spot on at 12+1, two arms and two legs and a little heart flickering away! So, so pleased!!

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015
    Miracle Baby due April 2020

"The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow"
  • SammykateSammykate Posts: 4,014 New bride
    MrsMin if they feel like little kicks then I bet they are! I was getting them since 15 weeks and people kept telling me it must just be gas or my imagination as I should be feeling 'flutters' instead. But nope it's definitley kicks I can now feel them externally if I put my hand over my belly! I think I just have a super kicky baby lol.

My arm was really sore for days after that whooping cough jab.

MrsGB amazing news on your healthy little bean and gorgeous picture!! Congrats

It's our 20 week scan tomorrow finally, feels like we've been waiting about 200 weeks! So pumped to find out the gender (hopefully...)
  • Hi Ladies, lots to catch up on! congrats to those who have found out! and congrats Mrsgb on your 12 week scan hope you enjoy telling everyone is such a lovely feeling once everyone finally knows! my 20 week scan is just under 2 weeks but ive recently found out I have an anterior placenta bit worried as his is my first pregnancy im not sure what I should be feeling when. anyways hope everyone is well and bumps are growing nicely
    Thanks ladies!! Off to tell my Nan later that will be lovely! 😍
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

edited October 2019
    @MrsGB2015 eek amazing news so happy for you!!

@bride2be2019 I had an anterior placenta with my daughter.  I didn't find out till the 20 wk scan and started feeling the first kicks at about 23 wks, from that point I could feel movements daily apart from the odd time where I did have to go to the pregnancy assessment unit for monitoring (this is encouraged by the midwives - even with an anterior placenta so don't ever think you're being a nuisance!) In these instances if I hadn't felt the baby in 24 hrs I would have a sugary snack like a mars bar and a cold drink and lie on my side and if still nothing then go.  I know it is a pain especially when you are so desperate to feel them first movements and feels like everyones feeling them apart from you but they will come I promise and apart from that it caused me absolutely no issues.
  • @Mrsminmarch2016 thank you this has reassured me! I will just have to be a little patient which I'm not very good at lol! do you have anterior this time or haven't you found out yet?
    edited October 2019
    @bride2be2019 I'm yet to find out, my 20 wk scan is 1st Nov.  I was starting to suspect one as i'm 18 wks and they say you normally feel movements earlier with your second but I hadnt felt anything till the last couple of days where I think I'm feeling very tiny kicks low down. I'll be interested to find out this time. Trust me being patient isn't my strong point either but by xmas even with an anterior placenta your baby will be having a party in there (usually when you're trying to get to sleep and they're kicking you in the ribs!) and then you just want them to stop!!!
  • Mrsseebe2beMrsseebe2be Posts: 709 New bride
    edited October 2019
    Thanks @MrsMinMarch2016, lovey to have you back. The name randomiser was brilliant. We used a baby name app to shortlist all the first and middle names we liked and then randomised them.
    Really glad your consultants appointment made you feel reassured and properly listened to.
    If you do start a new thread then I’m EDD 22.03.20 and girl.

Congratulations on a lovely scan @MrsGB2015! Enjoy telling your Nan.

Yaay for your 20 week scan @Sammykate, fingers crossed you get to find out the gender!

I don’t get the whooping cough vaccine for ages yet, I’m sure they said it was at 28 weeks. My arm felt sore and a bit bruised for a few days after the flu one last week so I assume it’ll be pretty similar?
    Mrsseebee I had both whooping cough and flu in the last few weeks and my arm was definitley more sore for days after whooping cough! But nothing I couldn't live with. I did moan about it a bit until DH pointed out I have 3 tattoos so a jab should be nothing lol!!

The worst nights sleep last night as I have a horrible head cold. Oh well up early at 5am and ready for my scan at 9 lol! I'm nervous as this is when they tend to pick up any problems. But baby is so active I think I'm finding it hard to imagine anything could be wrong.
    20 week scan went very well, all normal and she kept saying baby was a star as it was so easy to scan.

And... It's a boy! At first I was a teeny bit dissapointed as I think I'd convinced myself that it was a girl over the last couple of weeks due to the old wives tales. So it was almost a shock that it was a boy! But when I imagine a miniature version of DH it's so cute that I think I'm over it already lol. It's just names that are difficult now as we had loads for a girl and we don't love anything for a boy!
    Aww yay for team blue and what a good baby being a star!!

Not like mine yesterday haha!  The sonographer couldnt get baby to move to get the neck measurement for the screening tests, she was literally prodding me over and over with the scanner!  It got very uncomfortable!  Stubborn baby... wonder who it gets that from....  :D
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• @Sammykate yay for a boy!! Congrats! We were the same with my daughter we were so expecting a boy so when they said girl it took some sinking in!

I don't know if i'm going to be able to wait till xmas day, all these gender reveals are making me too excited!
  • ps. I have started a new thread - Due March/April 2020 continued... - I have put the due dates / genders on that I could find, for all others with a question mark let me know and I will edit!!