Forum home You & Your Baby

Due March/April 2020

• Afternoon ladies!

Thank you all for your kind words. We’ve had the scan and we have a healthy 7 week pregnancy with a visible heartbeat. We couldn’t be more thrilled!

I’ll admit it was pretty scary. We had to go for an internal because she could see the sack but not the baby with the external wand. Mainly because my uterus is apparently retroverted. We were both pretty convinced it was going to be another blighted ovum at this point, but once she was in she almost immediately told us that the baby was fine. It’s measuring just over 9mm and we got to see the heartbeat. We both cried. Hubby was so braced for being strong for me that he immediately went when it was good news.

I asked the nurse about the spotting and she said because everything looks healthy that I should just ignore it unless it’s actual heavy bleeding with any pain. While I knew that I felt much better hearing it from her.

Hubby’s been with me to my mum and dad’s before he’s gone back to work so we could tell them and we’re calling his mum later to tell her. My best mate is randomly coming round tonight anyway so I can counter sign her passport photos so we’re going to tell her too. Other than that we’ll tell our siblings over the weekend and wait until the 12 week scan to tell anyone else.

I’m currently chilling on our giant beanbag because it helps with my achey lower back.

Hope everyone else is doing ok and not feeling too nauseous?
  • SammykateSammykate Posts: 4,014 New bride

Living on cheese sounds good- I did have a pack of babybels in my fridge that I kept revisiting but hubby rudely ate the last ones. I find myself equally turned off by both sweet and savoury so maybe I'm having a non-binary baby lol.

Shouldn't whinge really as I could be throwing up all the time like some poor ladies

• I think you’re entitled to whinge a bit Sammykate.

I know what you mean though, our neice was sick everyday up until her due date. Her baby decided it didn’t like meat so she ended up vegetarian for the duration of the pregnancy!

• I'm not sure whats better @Sammykate part of me thinks at least if I was physically sick I might get a bit more of a break from the nausea!!

Mmmm babybel, might have to go get some now you've mentioned it!!

So glad your scan went well @mrseebe2be may it be the start of a roll of good scans over the wkd!!
  • All went well at my scan heard the heartbeat and they dated me 7+4 so 3 days behind what I thought but they did say it’s not really accurate this early so will see what nhs scan says 😊 And definitely only 1 in there!!
    That's fab MrsMin! 3 days isn't so much of a difference and as you say you'll get a more accurate date layer

We have been house hunting this week and I'm already stressed... are we nuts to try and buy a house while I'm pregnant?! I do get all warm and fuzzy thinking about which room would be the nursery when looking at houses though!
  • Great news MrsMin!

Ours dated 1 day less than I thought, but as you say, not that accurate at this stage. Kind of jealous you got to hear the heartbeat. We saw ours but couldn’t hear it.

You’re not nuts Sammykate, it can get really stressful though, especially with pregnancy hormones added into the mix. Fingers crossed you find somewhere with a perfect nursery.
  • Mrs17Mrs17 Posts: 876 New bride
    Congrats @Mrsseebe2be and @MrsMinMarch2016 on great scans! 

Hope your scan went well @Raksha92

Ooh interesting to read that on the craving front... I was all chocolate milk, ice cream and Bueno's with my little boy. Cant look at chocolate or cake this time. 

I would go for it @Sammykate. I'd rather be moving pregnant that with a young child to juggle too. Itll be lovely to start choosing colours for your nursery too! 
  • Raksha92Raksha92 Posts: 215 New bride
    edited August 2019
    @Sammykate we will be moving next month when I am around 14 weeks and my husband is away so will be relying on my family to help me 🙈

@Mrs17 everything is wonderful. I was getting stupidly worked up this morning and barely slept last night just worry over nothing. So glad everything is ok (and there is only one 😂). Got to see the heartbeat too 🥰

Baby is head down and the little white bit is the heart 😍

• Aw @Raksha92 I love that you got a photo! I really wish we could have had one too.

Thank you @Mrs17.
  • Congratulations @Raksha92 so
    glad all was well with all the scans! 😊

Here is my little nugget, he/she was hiding in the corner 😂 what with my sickness I can already tell this one is going to be trouble!!

I definitely agree that that I would rather move pregnant than with a newborn!! What an exciting time - house & baby!!!
    What lovely pictures- I'm sad I don't have one from my 6 week scan but they didn't offer one and I was too nervous about the whole thing to ask.

Oh well only 1.5 weeks to my 12 week scan! Can't wait!

I know this sounds super rushed but we actually saw a house we loved on Friday, went back to see it on Saturday and we are going to make an offer tomorrow! I mean why wait around if we both love it? It has the perfect room for a nursery, it means losing our spare double bed but we have guests so infrequently I really think baby gets priority in the bigger room vs visitors we have 3 times a year!
    We are having to move a 30-45 minute commute away from hubbys work, but that means we can afford a beautiful family home vs a tiny dated place in a rough area here.
  • Wow how exciting @Sammykate go for it if it’s giving u that excited feeling!! Good luck!!! I don’t think that’s rushed either, we moved to our forever home last year & the area we live in is so competitive we couldn’t even afford 2nd viewings & had to offer straight away once we liked it which 3 other couples also did luckily our sellers wer amazing & didn’t want it to go to bidding wars & just gave it to the ppl they had the best feeling about else I don’t know if we’d afforded it!!

R u selling as well or just buying?? At least if u get it you’ll be in by Xmas which wil give u a couple of mths before baby to get everything sorted.

Cant believe ur 12 wk scan is so soon I loved my 12 wk scan with my daughter it’s mad how within 4 wks baby goes from a blob to well, a baby!!

I am having my worst morning yet have been physically sick twice 🤢 Hope it’s not a sign of things to come. Thank god hubby is at home today to hav our daughter so in bed feeling sorry for myself.

Got my first midwives appts this wk, one tomorrow which I think is taking bloods etc then the second fri which I think wil be the form filling in 😊
    @MrsMinMarch2016 I’m only renting. I’m in the Channel Islands do house prices are really expensive and it’s hard for fit’s time buyers. I’ve got my first midwife appointment this week on Friday morning. 
    MrsMin and Raksha exciting about your first midwife appointments! Mine was a real let down as she was rubbish and didn't have the special folder she was supposed to give me or anything. So fingers crossed yours is better lol.

Raksha I bet it is expensive there! We are commuter belt for London and I whinge about the prices but I know there are far worst places. The difference of property is amazing when we go 30 minutes north- we looked at a few here and two were total dumps and one so tiny you could barely move! But the house we are offering on is gorgeous, lovely kitchen, 3 bedrooms, large garden, extra loo, utility room etc! And for 10k less than we'd been viewing here!

MrsMin are you London is that why its so competitive? Not being able to even do a second viewing sounds so stressful! My mum thinks we are rushing it but she doesn't know I'm pregnant so she might understand if she did. We are renting at the moment and have worked out our mortgage will be £400 less a month than our rent which is crazy, the rental market is out of control.
  • Wow that’ll be a nice saving to make especially with a baby & mat leave coming!!

No I’m midlands so commuter belt for Birmingham it’s a lovely little surburban  village with brilliant schools & houses rarely come up so when they do they don’t stay around for long!!
    edited August 2019
    That sounds like a lovely location to bring up a family MrsMin. There are some really nice little towns and villages around here but they are out of our price range! And as you say property doesn't come up often.

If we could we'd move up North in a flash, it's 'home' for both of us and property is sooo much cheaper, but hubby is in a really good job here. Although saying that my Sister lives in York and property there seems just as expensive as here!

On the baby front, who has been buying things already? I keep seeing the most gorgeous baby clothes heavily reduced and think 'oh I can't not', I thought I only had a few bits but I put it all together and it fills one of those giant Primark bags to bursting... oops. I need to stop! I only like the gender neutral clothes so not knowing the gender hasn't even stopped me.

I also have a nappy Angel bin thing on order from Mothercare which was £20 down to a fiver so I couldn't resist. My sister has a cot in storage for us and hubbys friend has offered us a pram.
  • OmRumOmRum Posts: 942 New bride
    Hello, may I join you? I got my BFP last Friday and am due 16 April, according to the NHS calculator. It's still not quite hit me what's happening, even though we were trying for 8 months. But I took a digi hpt this morning and it was came up as "pregnant" within seconds.

So far I've just been getting a lot of stomach cramps as if AF is about to come (which makes me feel a bit anxious sometimes, even though everyone tells me it's normal!) and my boobs ache like mad. I can't believe you are all having scans already! I feel quite behind. I've got my first appointment at the doctors booked for next Monday when I am 6 weeks.

So glad to have you with us OmRum! To be honest I'm 11 weeks and it still doesn't feel real- I need to see my little bean! Have you thought about if you might book an early scan?

Cramps are totally normal- I actually had horrific cramps (womb area not stomach) in week 5, so bad I ended with an early NHS scan. Last night I woke up in the night with stomach cramps. One of the big things that surprised me about early pregnancy is how similar it feels to AF symptoms.

• OmRumOmRum Posts: 942 New bride
    I've not really thought about early scans yet, although I'll probably look into it as I suffer from severe anxiety so it will be comforting to know if the pregnancy is viable as soon as possible. It depends how much it costs. I don't really know where to look either!

My cramps are exactly like my normal pre-AF cramping, which is usually very painful, so I don't know at what point I ought to be worried! I have prescribed painkillers, but I don't know if they're safe to use, so I'm sticking to paracetamol as that seems to be working anyway.

My super-smell is really annoying today as there is obviously a dead animal somewhere in the office! Facilities can't find it...
  • MrsPope2018MrsPope2018 Posts: 1,375 New bride
    OmRum just thread hopping to say I'm nearly 15 weeks and it still doesn't feel real even after 2 scans 😂 
    I just googled private pregnancy scans near me and it came up with a list of places that did them. The longer you can wait the better the chance of seeing a heartbeat etc is but I managed to see one at 6weeks 4 days with my last pregnancy.  Thos time I waited until 8 weeks because I wanted to get to the same point as I did last time to be able to compare... 
    Omrum I maintain that the super sense of smell is one of the worst pregnancy symptoms! I always had a sensitive sense of smell any way and now it's super charged. When I'm at home and the cat poops in her litter it is so bad and I'm not even allowed to clean it myself so I have to wait for hubby to get home! And today I was stood in the queue for the post office and the guy in front of me stunk of BO so bad I thought I was going to throw up.

Just had our offer on the house accepted! Woohoo. We offered the asking price as honestly we thought it was reasonable and they were happy to take it off the market if we did that.

I'm so pumped about making a gorgeous nursery for our little one

• @Sammykate that’s amazing! Congratulations! Nice they didn’t keep u waiting either.

So glad you’ve joined us @OmRum 😊

Im still in bed with sickness & diarrhoea so don’t think it’s baby related now & think it may be something I’ve eaten which is sending me into panic that it could harm baby. 
    Oh poor you MrsMin! I'm sure baby will be fine try not to worry, that sucks though. Hopefully if it's something you are it will blow over soon
    MrsMin have you had an early scan already? The only reason I ask and I dont mean this to panic you in any way at all, it's just I had diarrhoea a few weeks back and my work wanted a sample because of the type of job I do. When I phoned the GP she asked If I had an early scan because diarrhoea can be a sign of an ectopic pregnancy. I'm sure it's not the case with you if your not having any pain or anything but I had never heard of that so just wanted you to be aware. 
    Again sorry dont want to unessecarily worry anyone. 
    Ignore me.... just scrolled up and seen your scan pic!! Sorry xx
  • mrsfbcmrsfbc Posts: 103 New bride
    Hi everyone, can I join the group? 
    Im 7 weeks pregnant, due end of March I think but not seeing midwife until Wednesday this week so not 100% sure yet(as it’s my second baby I’m just having my booking in appt by telephone - anyone else had this?!) . I have a son who is 4 and joined a group on the forum when I had him so thought I’d do the same again. We have agreed not to tell anyone until we tell him first and I’m going crazy not being able to chat to anyone ‘in real life’ because I’ve been feeling so awful! So tired and feel sick all day but not physically being sick. It’s been worse the last week or two. Can’t remember it being so bad last time! I’ve been feeling very guilty of being a rubbish mum to my son this week. And I’ve just had my best friend stay with us for a week and trying to keep it from him has been so hard!! 

So I’ll also start giving you some info about myself and why I’m struggling with not talking to anyone. 
    We hadn’t really ever planned on having a second child but especially so after my son was diagnosed with a low grade cancer a couple of years ago. He’s still undergoing chemotherapy and this will not finish until about a week before I’ll probably be due. I also have a heart condition which now I’m older seems to be affecting me more so that’s a concern too, through I was fine in my previous pregnancy. And I didn’t have a very good birth Last time, which is obviously on my mind again. 

So so sorry to be a first post of doom and gloom! I’m sure when I’m feeling less sick and tired I’ll be a lot more positive about everything! But maybe chatting to others who also feel crap might help me too 😊
  • Don’t worry @MrsPope2018 Thanks for the info I actually didn’t know that it was a sign for ectopic. It’s so hard to know when’s the right time to contact the midwife I’m still not keeping anything down even water, nhs website says if nothings staying down after 24 hrs then ring so if stil the same in the morning I’ll do that incase I need a drip. Better safe than sorry.

@mrsfbc course u can join us! Lovely to hav u! U can be assured that there’s a few of us that r feeling crappy on here & it does help to offload!! Wow I have massive respect for your journey I can’t imagine how tough it must be to see ur own child go through chemo, no child deserves that. It’s a nice thought that he wil become a big brother right after he finishes his chemo though, hopefully a fresh start for all of u.

Im surprised about ur booking appt being on the telephone especially with the heart condition u mentioned as I assume u will be consultant led?? This is my 2nd but my booking in appt is this wk over 2 appts, 1st at the midwife led centre then at my doctors surgery.