Forum home You & Your Baby

Due March/April 2020

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 4,014 New bride
    I wish I'd taken a picture of how horrific this dress was now lol. She's also threatening to give us all of DHs baby clothes that she has saved in the attic, also from 33 years ago. Over my dead body is my baby wearing those lol.
    She's one of those people that justifies her hoarding by trying to give away her old crap as gifts to people. We ended up with about 3 bags of random junk even though we turned down everything we could.
  • Happy Bank Holiday!

Hope everyone is doing okay x 

I've had non stop nausea since Tuesday and I can't even look at a cup of tea without gagging. I'm devastated lol.

I'll be 7 weeks tomorrow and have my booking in appointment at 9.50am on 10th September. 

Hubby and I bought a cute unisex baby grow today. I bought a baby grow for my daughter when I found out I was pregnant with her, so I wanted to do the same with no 2. 
  • mrsfbcmrsfbc Posts: 103 New bride
    I’ve gone off tea as well, just don’t fancy it at all, happened to me last time as well. 

I've felt a bit better the last couple of days though. 

We told our parents this weekend so feel a bit happier that someone knows! Took about ten minutes to convince my dad that we were serious and it wasn’t a joke though! 

Got hospital for sons chemo tomorrow, so not looking forward to that. At least I might be able to nap with him in the bed for 20 mins, but with it being bank hol today it will be extra busy tomorrow so I’m expecting an extra long day. 

I’m 9 weeks now 
  • @Sammykate bless you, don't think I'd be super keen to put my baby in 33 year old clothes that had been living in the loft either!

@MrsCarnegie my nausea did a fake out at about 9 weeks, pretended to go away and I had two days where the first time in ages I was properly hungry and could eat what I liked.  It then came back again!  I'm 10 weeks tomorrow so I'm hoping it just lasts to 12 weeks.

@mrsfbc I hope everything went ok at the hospital with your son and it wasn't too long a day?

I've been down to London today for a meeting and travelled from Yorkshire.  I had the genius idea that I would get the train, because last time I was really tired by the time I got home and I need more regular wee stops now.  I also took my laptop so I could work on the train.  I'll admit that being able to get up and move and go for a wee when I want has been way more comfortable  than I would have been in the car.
    However, I always get travel sick even before I was pregnant and even forward facing working on the train has not made me feel great.  That overlaid on morning sickness nausea is just rubbish.

I really want to get home and put my feet up, but the VPN hasn't been working on my laptop, so I've still got quite a bit to do when I get home.   :(

• MrsGB2015MrsGB2015 Posts: 3,890 New bride
    Hi Ladies,

Just tentatively dipping my toe in here.

Trying to catch up on everyone's stories so far but forgive me if I miss things.

I am still in disbelief that this has worked and I dont feel too different at the moment but I suppose its early days and I probably should be thankful for that!!

We have our viability scan booked for Friday 13th September, so counting down the next TWW - just so scared of something going wrong but know I need to stay positive. xxx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015
    Miracle Baby due April 2020

"The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow"
    MrsGB so glad you have you with us! It must seem unreal still. Not too long until your scan but I know how it can drag!
  • Ah MrsGB2015, it's so lovely that you've joined us. It will be fabulous to follow your journey along too. What is your due date? 
    @Sammykate Thanks lovely - It really does seem unreal after all we have been through!  I need to stop worrying but I am finding it hard not too! Hopefully the next 2 weeks will go quickly and everything will be fine at the scan - fingers crossed!

@MrsCarnegie - Thanks lovely.  My current EDD from working out is 28th April but I suspect that will change xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• OmRumOmRum Posts: 943 New bride
    Welcome, MrsGB. I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy. Are you having your viability scan on the NHS or have you had to book privately? I've still not had the guts to book mine.

I was wondering at what week you all began to feel morning sickness? I'm 7+3 and haven't had anything yet, except a bit of cramping and painful breasts. I know not everyone suffers from morning sickness, and I wonder if I'll be one of the lucky ones! But some days I don't feel like I'm pregnant at all.

Knowing my luck this post will jinx it and tomorrow I will feel as sick as a parrot!
    @OmRum Thanks hun.  As we have been going through IVF its all part of the package per se, so we are still under the assisted conception unit for now.  Once they establish if it is viable and progressing, we get handed back over to our GP/local midwife.  So my experience so far will differ but its nice to see what may lie in store ahead for us.
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• Mrs17Mrs17 Posts: 876 New bride
    How did your sons chemo go @mrsfbc?

Welcome and congratulations @mrsgb2015. Hopefully these 2 weeks will pass quickly for you! 

I've not had any sickness @omrum. Lack of appetite at times but nothing more than that. 

I had my dating scan today and  actually due 28th February, but will continue to tag along here if noone minds as I'm fully expecting a March baby.
    @Mrs17 Thanks Hun. Me too, I just want to know that it is viable, that would be another step closer than we’ve ever been x
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Congratulations @MrsGB2015 I had my son via IVF so remember all the feelings of waiting, I bet you feel like you’ve spent the last few years waiting for this, that and the other 😊

Sons chemo actually went really well, was expecting it to be super busy so arrived a bit early and we were done by 3pm! It’s usually 5-6pm. Also had some good news, we had applied for funding for an extension to his treatment for an extra 6 months, however the ‘board’ no longer fund more than 12 months for his type of chemo so yesterday ended up being his last one! Can’t believe it - we’ve been having chemo (different types) for nearly 2.5 years and now we finally get a break. His tumour has remained stable (scan in two weeks to confirm), so we will now just have scans every 3 months and ‘watch and wait’. If it starts growing again then that’s a different story but fingers crossed this chemo has bought us a few years of no treatment. Just in time for him starting school next week as well. 

• So glad things are okay for your son, @mrsfbc xx 

Due dates often change, don't they @MrsGB2015

I have been feeling sick since the day before we did our test @OmRum , so I was 6 weeks then. It doesn't seem to be letting up yet. 

Hubby and I have discussed possibly having an early viability scan. I get paid on friday so we'll make a decision then xx 
  • Very warm welcome to u @MrsGB2015! I’ve followed ur journey on here since when I was on here before with my first pregnancy so chuffed we can be on the same thread & I get to see ur happy ending 😊 

@mrsfbc really hope ur sons chemo went ok as it possibly can ❤️

@mrs17 exciting you’re expecting a feb baby now! Of course u can stay here lol. Any sign of a girl/boy nub in ur picture?? 

For those worrying they haven’t had sickness it’s more common than u think, so many people I know haven’t had any including me in my first pregnancy & went on to hav perfectly healthy babies! Definitely count yourselves lucky!!

@mrsfbc yes you’ve hit the nail on the head there! It’s wait after wait! 4 years of trying and 2 of going through ivf.

we actually did IUI this time and so glad we did as it seems it has finally worked 🤞🏼

@MrsCarnegie - yes I imagine ours will change even more so with doing IUI but we shall see what they say 😬

@MrsMinMarch2016 - Aww thanks lovely, I just hope this is really our happy ending. I keep thinking I’ll wake up and it will all be over like some cruel joke! 🙈🙈 xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• @mrsfbc looks like we crossed threads. I’m so glad u hav had some good news & u can have a break from it all 😊

@MrsGB2015 I can’t imagine how u must feel after all this time but ur lines were so strong I have such a good feeling for u. Just curious, does IUI increase ur chances of twins/triplets or is that just with IVF?!
    @MrsMinMarch2016 IVF would be more likely but never say never! Lol!

I wouldn’t mind twins, I don’t think we would go through all this again so would be quite nice but obviously we would be overjoyed for this just to be our sticky bean 🤞🏼🤞🏼 Xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• Mrs17Mrs17 Posts: 876 New bride
    So glad you've got some good news @mrsfbc. Fingers crossed his scans over the next few months will stay the same and he can enjoy settling into school. 

@MrsMinMarch2016 I honestly have no idea haha. Will try and attach a pic to this so you can have a nose. I've googled but haven't a clue what I'm looking for.

Mrsfbc so glad to hear your son is doing well and it was good news!

Mrs17 I have no idea what to look for either but I'm going to guess girl :)
  • OmRumOmRum Posts: 943 New bride
    All the best with your son's scans, Mrsfbc.

I've heard of the "nub theory" but don't really get what it is? I don't know if I want to Google it in case I decide I don't want to know the sex! I'm so undecided whether I want to know or not. All my friends have had boys first, so I've got it in my head it must be a boy, but then I think statistically if they've had boys surely one of us has to have a girl?!

I've had all my paperwork through from various people - my booking in appointment is on 9th September, when I will be 9 weeks, and my dating scan is 30 September, so only a month to wait to see if everything is okay! There was something about blood tests as well, which wasn't very well explained in the letter, so I'll have to add that to my list of phone calls to make during my work breaks (sigh).

I had another horrific mc dream last night - I've never been so glad to wake in my life. I'm at the point now where I'm almost scared to go to sleep, because I know I'm in for an uncomfortable night. I also had a massive craving to a cheese sandwich at 3am, and fortunately DH quickly made me one, plus another for lunch today (which I'm already tempted to eat). I've found in the last few days I've really gone off my normal foods, and cheese sandwiches seem to be occupying most of my thoughts.
    edited August 2019

Omrum I could definitely live off cheese sandwiches. I find I only want to eat plain food, so things like carbs and cheese. And my body really wants white bread which I'm fighting hard to resist! Will definitely not judge if you ate it now, I had a long conference call yesterday and the first break was at 11.15 with lunch at 1, so I ate my sandwich at 11.15 as I didn't think I'd make it lol.

On another cheese related subject DH ate the last 2 babybels in the fridge which are my preferred snack at the moment, should I divorce him lol.

I thought I saw a boy looking nub in my 12 week scan, but I might have been looking at something else entirely. And nub theory is not proven or always correct!

@OmRum Sorry you've been having horrible dreams lovely - I hope they subside for you!

You've made me want cheese now though! haha!  I guess thats better than not wanting anything, thats the way I've felt a few times, I guess thats pretty normal though?

I woke up again feeling worried as per usual but I have had a horrible taste in my mouth all morning!! Nothing is getting rid of this, I have read its normal and I guess I should be partly happy that something seems to be happening.

I am still debating whether to do the last test I have at home this weekend or not.  I am being so paranoid but worried it will make me worse - ergh I feel like I finally have what I have wanted after 4 years but I still cannot relax and be excited!!
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• MrsCarnegieMrsCarnegie Posts: 516 New bride
    edited August 2019
    Sorry you're having bad dreams, @OmRum. Fingers crossed things get better. We are very close in our journeys, as my booking in appointment is 10th September when I'll be 9 weeks. I haven't heard anything about the 12 week scan yet, though hubby and I are thi king of doing an early viability scan, to put my mind at rest.

I can't share your enthusiasm for cheese sandwiches at the moment ladies as the nausea is still ferocious. Today is particularly not good.

Its understandable that you're nervous and scared @MrsGB2015 .If you feel you need to do the test, do it xx 

Can I ask ladies, loose stools are common in early pregnancy, aren't they? Sorry if its TMI but I've had one every morning for the last 3 days x 

@MrsCarnegie Thanks hun, I guess I might do this weekend will see how I feel.

Sorry you're struggling with the nausea hun :( 
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

MrsCarneigie I've heard the phrase that some women get morning sickness and some get morning shitness. It's normal lol.
  • MrsCarnegieMrsCarnegie Posts: 516 New bride
    edited August 2019
    Haha, that did make me laugh, @Sammykate :D

Thank you. I thought it wasn't a problem, but you never know eh xx 

I'm sure it'll pass soon enough @MrsGB2015 but it's just so annoying right now xx