Forum home You & Your Baby

Due March/April 2020

• Thanks ladies. I have no pain and don't get anything any other time I wipe, so I'll just see how it goes. I cannot wait to have the early scan on Sunday!  😀😀

Hope the tiredness leaves off for you @OmRum I'm sure I'll be like that next week when I'm back in the classroom x 
  • MrsGB2015MrsGB2015 Posts: 3,888 New bride
    Hey ladies,

Thanks for all the advice this morning. I’ve been to see my mum and took her dog for a walk and relaxed, think I needed that! 

@MrsCarnegie - glad you haven’t had anymore but I’d agree with Omrum. How exciting that your scan is Sunday! Xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015
    Miracle Baby due April 2020

"The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow"
  • @MrsCarnegie, sorry, we cross posted so I completely missed yours.

I can completely understand you being nervous if you're getting pink spotting.  I was (still am occasionally) getting a bit of spotting and I got the exact same advice from the sonographer at my early scan and my midwife.  I was literally told to ignore it.

It's apparently pretty normal to get light spotting in early pregnancy and unless it becomes heavy bleeding with cramping you shouldn't need to worry.

Having said that I went for a private reassurance scan at 9 weeks because my spotting had been ongoing.  It did make me feel much better.  Hopefully your scan this Sunday will have the same effect for you.

Digital confirmation this morning, much happier now!

Think I’ll step away from the tests now!! (Even though I’m tempted to wait to see 2+ 😬😬)

Have a lovely weekend ladies! Xx

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 4,014 New bride
    Yay MrsGB :) I really think your bean is strong and sticky and this is it for you.

We are off on a Norwegian Fjords cruise today with my mum and dad, sister her hubby and little nephew. Finally telling my parents tonight- I am 14 weeks so have left it a bit lol! I thought it would be special if we waited and did it on the cruise though.

Went to dinner last night and I had to wear regular jeans instead of maternity so she didn't twig- ugh so uncomfortable lol. I definitley need the stretchy waistband!
    @Sammykate thanks hun, I am really starting to believe it now 😍😍

Aww wow that sounds lovely! Enjoy hun!

I bet they will be over the moon! How exciting! Xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• OmRumOmRum Posts: 940 New bride
    I'm glad you're a bit more at ease now, MrsGB! I agree it's best to step away from the tests - I threw away a box full of cheap ones after I got my digital so that I wouldn't be tempted.

Sammykate, you'll have to tell me all about your cruise - we're considering it for our honeymoon in November (if we can book last minute). I'm just concerned being on a boat and pregnant! We're also considering Bruges, but that seems a little less exotic.
    @OmRum thanks hun! Yes, definitely stepping away now, I think I’ve had enough confirmation and stressing I just want to finally start believing and enjoying it now xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• Enjoy the fjords cruise @Sammykate, my best friend has just got back from one and said it was lovely.  Telling your parents will be lovely, you must be excited after waiting this long?

@MrsGB2015 excellent news on the digital result. Think you’re right, probably time to stop testing now. You’ll probably always stress a little bit but it’s definitely time to enjoy your good news. So happy for you!

How are you doing @OmRum? Is your anxiety any better?
    @Mrsseebe2be thanks lovely! Yea, definitely time to step away and enjoy it all. 

Have a lovely weekend ladies xx 
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• Hello, a new poster here (moving up from browser level when I got married)  after seeing all the support that this thread has!

We have just had a BFP a couple of weeks ago, making me around 7 weeks according to NHS website, due around 15th of April, booking appointment this Friday and scan booked for early October which seems ageeees away!

Only real symptoms are the tiredness and bloating- which is making me a little uneasy, I felt pregnant a couple of weeks ago but not so much now, hopefully it’s just a phase!! I do have the super sensitive smell however which I hadn’t put down to pregnancy until now 😂

I probably hadn’t realised how lonely the first trimester felt until now hence my plucking up courage to come on here! 
    edited September 2019
    Hello Sarah, welcome to the board. I'm just at 8 weeks and not really having any symptoms except for the exhaustion and huge boobs! I'm assured it's normal not to feel anything so early on, but I understand your worries. I'm trying to feel lucky rather than concerned. You're right about it feeling very lonely.

Mrssee, the anxiety has been pretty much present all along. Every couple of days I have a bad bout. The doctor wants me to go back on the 16th for a follow up appointment. I've been trying to contact the counseling service but they're pretty useless insofar as they keep calling me during my work hours even though I keep telling them I can't answer then. Last time I saw them earlier this year it literally took about three weeks of missed calls and answerphone messages before I actually was able to talk to someone!

I had another bad day yesterday, but quite amusing in the evening when I saw a clip of Jamie Oliver cooking some pasta and told my husband that I not only needed to eat pasta, but it had to be that specific dish Jamie was cooking, cooked by Jamie himself. Fortunately, my husband is an excellent cook and managed to replicate the dish perfectly, although not with the same pizazz of Jamie cooking!
  • Welcome Sarah  :)

Hope you're okay, @OmRum, it can't  be easy dealing with anxiety and pregnancy. 

I hope all of the rest of you ladies are well x 

We had our early scan today and the put me two days ahead, so now have a date of 12th April.

Here is our little 1.5cm pea xx 

• Hi @Sarah992, welcome to the group! Symptoms are weird because they ebb and flow and change as you go along.  My bloating drove me mad to start with because I was literally never completely comfortable. I don’t think that’s gone away, but I seem to have got used to it.

@OmRum sorry you’re having so much difficulty with the counselling service, I really hope you manage to get hold of them soon. Impressive work from your Husband making you the pasta dish you though! Definite brownie points there.

Aw! @MrsCarnegie glad you had a good scan, that’s lovely. The lady who did ours last week said to me to take the dating with a pinch of salt until your official dating scan at 12 weeks as the early ones are less accurate. Be interesting to see how your 12 week date compares.

Had a day out at Silverstone today, was officially my brother’s stag weekend, but I went down today for the main race with SIL to be. Was a pretty good day out and I got plenty of walking in around the track. Glad to be back home with my feet up though. Even more glad to have Hubby back because he was down there from Friday for the full weekend.

How’s everyone else doing?
    edited September 2019

@Sarah992 – Welcome hun.  I totally understand how you feel, I am only approx. 5-6 weeks and don’t feel very different.  I am assured it will change, so maybe I should be happy that all is well at the moment lol!!

@OmRum – Sorry your anxiety is still present and causing you issues ☹ I hope you get the counselling part sorted, that sounds ridiculous!

@MrsCarnegie – How exciting that you saw your little bean 😊 glad all is ok

@Mrsseebe2be – Glad you had a nice weekend, but it sounds like you definitely need to relax now after that!

As for me, I feel much better than I did at the start of the weekend.  The only thing currently bothering me, which I don’t know if I have just pulled something or if its to do with the pregnancy is my ribs!  My ribs on my right-hand side are sore!!  Not all the time but if I’m sitting and breathe in heavily, they ache and laying on that side it feels like they are bruised or something?

Anyone else had anything like this or am I just weird? Haha

Hope everyone has a good Monday! xx

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

I'm panicking because I'm getting pink discharge when I wipe. It happened once on Saturday but I thought it was just because me and the husband dtd that morning, but now it's happening again. Not sure what to do. I've not seen a midwife yet so have no point of contact.
  • Hi MrsGB

Fortunately we booked today off work so we’ve had a bit of a lie in and are chilling out for a while. We’ve got some errands to run later so won’t be a completely quiet day, but still better than work. While we’re out we’re going to window shop at some travel systems to get a better idea of what we’re going to want.

The rib thing could be your ligaments getting more stretchy?  I had quite a bit of low back pain early on for that reason. It can cause all sorts of weird achey issues.
  • @OmRum, try not to panic. If you’re not getting any cramping or bright red blood it’s probably nothing to worry about.  Some spotting in early pregnancy is normal.
    If you don’t have a midwife contact yet maybe call your GP?
    @OmRum - Our clinic said to me pink spotting can be normal, I wouldnt worry like @Mrsseebe2be says, as hard as it may be.  Try your GP or can you contact the early pregnancy unit?

@Mrsseebe2be - Aww nice and chilled then hun, sounds like a lovely day!!

It could be just something I pulled as it did start after I fell asleep on the sofa!! haha!  Will keep an eye on it - thanks hun xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

I went to the EPU round the corner from work. They did tests and I'm to go back for a scan later today. Not sure how to survive at work till then.
    @OmRum dont be embarrassed lovely - I'm sure all is ok as well but update us later xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Everything's fine. I couldn't really see it but it was definitely flickering which is apparently the heartbeat. I'm a bit confused as it measured 6 weeks and 5 days, which dates to the conception but I thought I was 8 weeks based on first day of my last period?
  • mrsfbcmrsfbc Posts: 103 New bride
    @OmRum glad everything is ok, glad you also got a scan. As everyone said spotting with no other symptoms is usually ok but always good to get checked. I think the 12 week scan will give you the best indication of the due date/how many weeks you are. At this stage there isn’t anything really to look at or measure to tell how far along you are! I mean it just looks like a bit of a blob doesn’t it with a pulsating heart! 
    @OmRum Glad all is ok :) I am not sure with dates, I get so confused but as @mrsfbc says i think you'll have more idea after the 12 week scan.
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• @OmRum so glad you were able to get in for an early scan and that it was good news! Our seven week scan pretty much looked like a jellybean with a flicker for the heartbeat.  Dating wise it is usually from date of last period, so I had us as 7+2 at our EPU scan and they got 7 exactly.  I had 9+3 at our private scan and they got 9+2.  They were really clear though that these aren’t accurate for dating and your 12 week will give you a more reliable due date.
    Hopefully seeing everything was fine will help with your anxiety too. xx

@MrsGB2015 it was a lovely day, which we were planning to end with an Avengers marathon as End Game came out on BluRay today.  I fell asleep on the sofa though so hubby called time and we’ve gone to get ready for bed.

Pram and travel system testing was very informative. Lady in the shop was lovely and got 5 or 6 different ones out for us and demonstrated how they fold down and change the pram for car seat or pushchair seat.  While we do still like the Silver Cross range it made us realise the wheel base is very chunky even when folded down... now considering some brands we hadn’t even thought of including Egg, Venicci and Babystyle for the Oyster 3. She said next time if we parked our car nearer we could try different bases in the boot to see how they fit, which would be really useful.  She also made some really good points about the importance of adjustable push bar height because hubby is tall.  Most amazing discovery of the day were mittens you could zip on to the handle and then just slide your hands into in cold weather. My hands get freezing so hubby was well impressed with them!
    On the way home we dropped in to pick a couple of things up from my parents and they told us when we decide what we want that they would like to buy the travel system for us, which was totally lovely. 
  • Mrs17Mrs17 Posts: 876 New bride
    Welcome & congratulations @Sarah992

I'm so sorry you're still struggling with anxiety @OmRum. I hope the counselling service get in touch soon (at a convenient time!) I'm glad they got you in for a scan and you could see the heartbeat flickering away. Like @mrsfbc says, dating before the 12 week scan can be really inaccurate as there isn't too much to base measurements on. I had an EPU scan due to bleeding and they measured me at 6+4, then 5 weeks later at my dating scan I was measured at 13+5. Take it with a pinch of salt for now! 

@MrsCarnegie that's a lovely scan pic!

@MrsGB2015 I had sore ribs from about 6 weeks to about 10 weeks. Mine was the left hand side and felt like I'd pulled something but only bothered me when sitting at my desk in work! I figured it was just baba settling in? 

Pram testing sounds lovely @Mrsseebe2be. I need a pair of those mittens in my life. That's so kind of your parents too!! 

All is well here in second tri. I feel like time may have slowed down a bit but I think that's because I'm impatient and really want my 20 week scan date to focus on! I'm ticking off the days until Wednesday too as I was told that if our screening came back high risk we would have a phone call by Wednesday. No news is good news as they say....

@mrsseebe2be – Aww bless you! That’s so kind of your parents too!  My mum (& dad not that he knows it haha!) said she will buy ours too, so lovely of them isn’t it xx

@Mrs17 – Ergh mine is quite bad, I think I have definitely pulled something!  I have emailed my clinic this morning to ask advice and what I can do to ease it that is safe for pregnancy.

If anyone has any ideas though that would be appreciated as its driving me mad!! ☹

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Just heard back from the clinic, as my pain is quite high up they dont think its related to the pregnancy - which is good!

I must have pulled something when I fell asleep on the sofa (oops!) they've just said paracetamol and if its really uncomfortable to see my GP and get checked over.

I think for now I will just try and relax and use paracetamol at night to help me sleep.  I am pretty sure it was just me pulling something now, so will try and be careful lol!! 

Hope everyone has a good day xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• Welcome @sarah992!

So glad all was well with ur scan @OmRum remind me did u have long cycles?? Because I did & pretty much know I ovulated cd26 so I worked out I’m not as far gone as when u calculate from last missed period as that is based on an average cycle, nevertheless I found out that doesn’t matter to the nhs they will still use lmp regardless & you’ll just end up with 2 scans if you’re not as far gone as they would like at the dating scan!

That being said our dating scan is later today at 3.40 😬😬😬 I’m bricking it but luckily I have a busy day packing for a holiday to Spain thurs (which I’m supposed to be doing now whilst OH has taken our daughter to soft play but I’m watching Emma Willis delivering babies 😂)