Forum home You & Your Baby

Due March/April 2020

• MrsGB2015MrsGB2015 Posts: 3,888 New bride
    @MrsMinMarch2016 - Good luck for later, I am sure all will be fine :) Come back and let us know how you get on.  How exciting that you are going away thurs!  We are going away not next week but the week after but only in the UK, still a break is a break :) xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015
    Miracle Baby due April 2020

"The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow"
  • OmRumOmRum Posts: 940 New bride
    Thanks MrsMin. My cycle is longer than average (32 days) so maybe that's why. All the best with your scan!
  • Afternoon Ladies

@Mrs17 The mittens were brilliant!  I've had a look online and not seen anything as nearly as nice so I think we'll be going back for those if nothing else.  Definitely lovely of my parents to offer to pay.  I thought they might contribute but not cover the full cost.  Fingers crossed that you don't hear anything about results yet in the nicest possible sense.

@MrsGB2015 glad you spoke to someone about your ribs, hope the paracetamol helps!  Parents can be totally lovely about this sort of a thing can't they?  We're away that same week and also staying the UK.  Whereabouts are you going?

@MrsMinMarch2016 hope your scan all goes well and that you manage to get your packing done!  I would completely get distracted watching Emma Willis too.
    @Mrsseebe2be - They have eased off through the day but seem to be worse at night, obviously the laying on them doesnt help!  I am trying to sleep the other side but its just not as comfortable for me but hey beggars cant be choosers!

They are such cuties, its amazing the help and support we have had through our journey so I can only imagine it will continue from what people have said to us (those that know obviously!)

We are off to the Forest of Dean, I must be mad going with hubs, my mum and my mother in law!!! Haha!!  How about you? xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• Scan went well! So relieved!!

Edd 18th March so actually 6 days further on than we thought which is nice. Stil only 11+6 though so need to go back 18th sept so they can look at the stomach. Looking forward to seeing baby again already!!!
    @MrsMinMarch2016 Aww lovely scan pic! Glad all is well :) xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• @MrsMinMarch2016 Aw!!!  Your scan picture is lovely.  Glad it went ok. There's something quite nice about having to go back again so you get another peek.

@MrsGB2015 We're going to the Yorkshire Dales National Park.  Just me and Hubby though, it's a slightly belated birthday treat for him and it'll be our 2nd Wedding Anniversary while we're away.  We have our 12 week scan the day before.  I'm hoping because it'll be our 3rd scan that everything should be fine as it was at the last two.
    it's lovely that everyone's being so supportive.  I'm looking forward to telling the rest of our family and friends.  Not looking forward to telling work though, I know my director will be supportive, but I'm a bit lot worried about how we're going to make maternity cover work!

@Mrsseebe2be Aww that sounds lovely hun! We’ve got our viability scan before we go, just hoping and praying they see enough to be happy so we can go away all blissful and happy! 

Ahh yea my work already know due to the fact it’s IVF, well IUI and I told them so it made appointments easier. My director has been so good throughout and she’s so happy for us, that’s nice to hear as obviously I’ll be causing them staffing issues!! Obviously not everyone knows yet so will be exciting to finally tell them when the time comes.

Im sure all will work out at your place though hun. What do you do? Xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• Hi MrsGB, I am really looking forward to it. We’ve got a combination of trips out and time spent chilling in our lodge planned. Of course I went and booked a lodge with a hot tub, which I now can’t use... 😂

Ah, yes I guess that would make sense. Good that they’ve been supportive at your work. What do you do?

I’m a Structural Engineer, but I’m Associate for our office, so I run a team of 6 engineers and 3 technicians, if I’m off that leaves my director having to do all the pastoral stuff, plus all the technical support and all the calculation and report sign offs for the whole team. He’s not in much as it is so I can see it being tricky. Plus I have an extra qualification to work with Listed Buildings and Historic structures, which we get a fair bit of work in because of. No-one else in the business has the same qualification so it would make delivering some of those projects a bit difficult.

I’m sure my director will be really supportive, he was great when I told him about my miscarriage last year and he and his wife went through several rounds of IVF to have their little boy so he’ll be pleased for me. I just feel a bit like I’m going to be dropping him in it...
    Your job sounds interesting, Mrssee. Don't feel guilty about having to take time off - it'll be difficult for them, but all companies should take into account the possibility of any member of staff having to take a considerable amount of time out for whatever reason, so there should be some sort of contingency! At least maternity leave is a happy reason for you to be out of action for a bit!

I'm in a similar position insofar as my work is moving site next year - we get the keys to the new building the same month I'm due - so I feel as if I'm leaving everyone to deal with it whilst I swan off to have a baby! We have hundreds of thousands of historical documents and rare books, so it's taken decades to plan this move and I'm disappearing right at the key moment. (I'm also secretly smug because I won't have to deal with the stress of the actual moving, hahaha.)

I had a quick chat with my manager yesterday after Monday's scare and he was very supportive, so it's all okay. I'm still going to wait until after my dating scan before officially kicking things off at work, though.
  • Omrum, it is interesting and I enjoy it. Every day is pretty different. I know what you mean that there should be a plan in place, but I also know that there isn’t. We’ve been shortstaffed for over a year and only took someone on to plug the gap about 3 weeks ago. It took him starting and taking on a load of work for my director to admit we should have done it a year ago. 🙄 Hubby and I are planning to have a good sit down while we’re one leave and develop a bit of a plan of action so that when I do announce I don’t just drop a massive problem in his lap and actually give some solutions. I’m looking forward to announcing so I can be a bit more selective about climbing scaffold and crawling through roof spaces etc. I’ll probably still do it, but we’ll have to risk assess my site visits a bit better. Your job sounds interesting too Omrum! I can see what you mean about not having to be there for the actual move though! Glad your manager was supportive. I think mostly people are and we just worry and expect the worse unnecessarily. Makes sense to wait for your dating scan before you properly announce though.

@mrsseebe2be – Ahh sounds lovely hun.  We have the same sort of thing a cabin with a hot tub – sucks to be us hey but I don’t care I wanted to be pregnant for so long I can live without.

I work in marketing now, recently moved over from customer services.  Still finding my feet and learning but prefer this role, its more my thing and more enjoyable.

Your job sounds interesting hun but definitely don’t feel guilty about taking the time off, I am sure something can be arranged.  You still have time to work it all out, but I understand why you’d be worried from what you’ve said but you’ve got to focus on you lovely. xxx

@OmRum – Your job sounds interesting also! Glad your manager is supportive that’s always a good start xxx

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• Hey Mrs GB

I know what you mean, we had a lovely break with a hot-tub in April and decided to book another one this time.  Will be a pity I can't join hubby in there, but I would rather be pregnant.  Had a similar thing for my Birthday where we'd booked a steak restaurant I'd wanted to try for ages and got our BFP 2 days before my birthday.  No steak or red wine for me!

From a work point of view I know that one way or another it will work out.  I'm not so stressed about what happens to me, it's more about making sure that my team get the support that they're going to need while I'm off.  My boss was only busy telling me yesterday how much more smoothly things are going to run now we've got a staff member to take some design pressure off me so I can focus on more of the management role...  Obviously I couldn't tell him then that wouldn't be lasting for too long.

After a few days of not feeling too bad nausea wise it's back with a vengeance this morning.  Been sitting nibbling apricots to try and take the edge off.  Week 11 today, hopefully I'll be lucky and it'll stop after week 12.

Hope everyone else is doing ok?

xx

@Mrsseebe2be How funny we had one in May - that was just the two of us though but same place. 

Hoping the weather will be nice enough for me to just sit out there watching the world go by whilst they go in the hot tub!!

Im ok, just back to feeling not very pregnant - no real symptoms today, apart from frequent need to pee!!  A week tomorrow until our viability scan, I am excited but nervous for that!!

Also, when did you ladies start buying maternity clothes?  I am so bloated already and having to buy floater dresses for work!!  My jeggings are a little bit snug and i dont feel comfortable in them but feel its a bit early? I am so scared of jinxing things  :#
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• Yes that would be lovely - I'll be taking my kindle and a blanket so I can at least sit out and chill.  Fortunately we've got plenty of other things planned that I can partake in.  We're planning on a trip to the Black Sheep Brewery too, but mainly because they've got a lovely looking on site restaurant.  I don't doubt hubby will bring something to drink back from the shop though.

The variation in symptoms is a bizarre one.  On one hand it's difficult because if you don't feel pregnant it can be scary and make you doubt everything's ok, then on the other hand on days like today I just wish the nausea would do one and leave me alone.  The peeing has been one my earliest and most consistent ones.

Aw, your viability scan is the day after our 12 week scan!  It is so exciting getting to see them.

I'm wearing maternity trousers right now and have been almost from the beginning.  It's all about the bloat for me - my trousers are massively loose and don't even touch my waist in a morning and then on the way home in the car they're often feeling snug because of the bloat.  Tops wise I'm in normal but loose fit ones.  Dorothy Perkins do a good range of under-bump trousers for a reasonable price, can't see me needing over-bump for ages yet, but the extra stretchy panels in the ones I'm wearing now are a comfort godsend.
    @Mrsseebe2be Aww sounds lovely hun.  So far all we have planned is a trip back to the cider factory that me and hubs went to in May but he couldnt really partake in as my car had broken and we ended up going in his.  I cant drive his car so he had to hold back to drive - he is going to enjoy going back and being able to take advantage of the freebies - hes told me to accept mine and he will drink them haha!!

Aww how exciting that your 12 week scan is soon, I am so jealous - as much as I want to enjoy each stage I want to fast forward to being a bit safer if that makes sense?

Tops seem to be ok, its just my bloat.  I am wearing leggings most days, which are fine its just on Friday's we can wear jeans etc and weekends I am struggling as I would usually live in my jeggings but they feel snug.  May have to invest in some under-bump ones - might wait until after the viability scan though, just my crazy side of not wanting to jinx!! xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

edited September 2019
    I've not needed to think about maternity clothes yet but I do wonder about bras. I'm definitely bigger but some of my larger bras still fit, but I wonder if maternity bras would help with the aching? I don't know whether to invest in some now or wait a bit longer in case I get bigger.
  • SammykateSammykate Posts: 4,014 New bride
    edited September 2019
    Hi ladies, just checking in, hope everyone is okay! Great 4G here in Norway even sailing down a remote fjord haha. Yet so can't get it in some rooms in my house...

Couple of lovely scan pics, congrats and glad all is well :)

Omrum how far along will you be for your honeymoon in November? You can only cruise up until a certain  point. I've actually been fine I'm just making sure to take it easy as I get tired quicker than I used to. Norway is absolutely stunning and ridiculously expensive so I think I'd only do it on a cruise as we don't have to pay for any food. Poked our head into a McDonald's out of curiosity and a meal was about £12!

Told my parents on the first night and my mum was really surprised and cried a lot. She has been fussing over me a lot!
  • Mrs17Mrs17 Posts: 876 New bride
    Lovely scan pic @MrsMinMarch2016 and great that you get another peek!

Lots of nice breaks coming up by the sounds of things ladies... 

Sounds like there are some really interesting jobs too!! 

They will definitely get bigger @OmRum... and bigger... and then milk comes in and nothing fits again 😂 pregnancy is glamorous. Perhaps trying some non-wired might help? 

Super jealous of the cruise @Sammykate. Norway always looks incredible. Aww I'm glad you managed to surprise your mum. I bet she's so excited. 
    @OmRum - I havent got that far yet so cant advise lol - I have switched to non-wired for a bit more comfort though in preparation.

@Sammykate - Nice to hear from you - sounds lovely!  Im glad you managed to surprise your mum, bet shes excited!!

I am so tired this afternoon, why is today taking so long to end....lol
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

edited September 2019
    @Sammykate I'll be in my 2nd trimester by November, which I've heard is the easiest to deal with in terms of symptoms and comfort. My husband has now booked us a night in Amsterdam for my birthday mid-October as I've always wanted to go as a tourist (I've been a hundred times as my family is from Amsterdam but have spent every visit sitting in people's living rooms chatting!). So I'm not sure if we can afford the honeymoon on top of that, but we shall see.

I've just looked up the Emma Willis programme and it's based at the hospital I will be giving birth in! Now I shall have to watch it if only to familiarise myself with the place and the people!

Does anyone know how I can watch it online?
  • mrsfbcmrsfbc Posts: 103 New bride
    Hey all, Ive been feeling much better the last few days, not as nauseous, still very tired. Think some of it is emotional tiredness as my little one started school this week and with finding out his treatment has now finished and telling family about the pregnancy it’s  all been a bit much!!  

I bought some ‘sleep’ bras from bravissimo a few weeks ago when my boobs were really sore but they’ve eased off now. The shop assistant was really good and encourage me to go for a bigger size which did feel much better and I can also grow into a bit. Don’t think I’ll give up underwire for a while yet (I’m usually a G cup!) but I’ll defo go back to bravissimo when I need something else as although they are expensive, I was impressed. 

• Hi @Sammykate , glad you’re having a good time and managed to find some signal to catch up with us all. Lovely that your mum was so excited and is making a fuss.

@OmRum you can watch it on uktvplay.  I think you’ll enjoy it. I’d definitely go soft and non-underwired for the bras. Much more comfortable.

@MrsGB2015 I totally get what you mean about wanting to be further on and about not wanting to jinx it. I felt pretty similar, at some point though being comfortable had to win out!

@Mrsseebe2be - Haha yea thats true, hopefully once we have the viability scan I will relax a bit more and be ok to buy some bits.

So glad its Friday ladies!! xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• @mrsfbc Wow, if you're starting out at a G then that's going to get impressive!  I know my niece has ended up in a J cup while breast feeding, but she did start off pretty large in that department.  I'm normally more of a B/C and while I've had plenty of discomfort so far they haven't grown much.  Hubby keeps a close eye on them to report any changes!  :D I'll certainly consider Bravissimo when it comes to upgrading.

@MrsGB2015 I feel like I relax a bit after each scan and then get nervous/excited again before the next one!  I'm getting a bit nervous for next week's already, but I'm less worried about seeing the scan and more about our screening results.  Once we're past that, assuming we're all ok, then I'll feel better.  Hubby has suggested a private 16 week scan just to see the progress rather than having to wait until 20 weeks to see the baby again.  I think I quite like that idea.

Definitely happy it's Friday!  Only 3 working days after today before I'm on leave!  Also means I've got loads to do in only 3 working days, but hey ho!

How's everyone doing? xx

@Mrsseebe2be - Haha that sounds like my hubby with mine right now - I am usually a small side of a B and hes been checking and believes they have started to grow  :disappointed:

Yea I think I will be the same, I just want that intial yes its all in the right place and looking good and I think that will help - for now anyway.

I feel pretty rough this morning, cant really say its proper morning sickness but I feel ropey and didnt want my tea - pleeassseee dont let me go off tea!! haha!!

Aww so jealous you go on leave in 3 working days, Ive got to get through the whole week first haha!!

Anyone got any nice weekend plans? xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Happy Friday! 

15 weeks over here today. Soooo ready to start looking at nursery colours and furniture but forcing myself to do the patience thing until we find out the gender. So instead I'm ordering myself alllll the maternity clothes so I feel better about my chub 😂 

Hope youve all got some nice weekends ahead? I'm taking my LB swimming tomorrow and then we are off to family Sunday for a roast which I'm looking forward to. I've still got an awful cold and my coughing is really disrupting the little sleep I get anyway, but its okay September so I guess I should get used to it really. 
    @Mrs17 - Aww 15 weeks how exciting!!  We arent going to find out the gender, much to hubby's disgust - I just want something to be a surprise in all this - haha!!  So once we reach further milestones it will be nice and neutral - maybe animal themed is what im thinking.

Sounds like a lovely weekend hun.  I hope it warms up a bit, although it is September as you say but I am soooo cold today!!  I forgot my jumper and omg brrr - Luckily my colleague had a spare one on her chair so lent me that but I am still cold :(

We dont have much planned for tomorrow but also going to Sunday lunch as it was my sister in laws bday yesterday, so seeing that side of the family for that.
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

edited September 2019
    I dont blame you @MrsGB2015! If I had enough willpower, I wouldn't find out either. I think it's got to be so lovely to have that surprise at the end of labour. Haha while I can understand your husband, he's not the one who might need motivation during this!  

It is freezing. That sounds like a lovely weekend.
    @Mrs17 - He does understand my thinking and I love that whole oooo what did they have.  Not that its not lovely to know before hand of course, its quite nice especially if you have a name that you can start talking about them properly if that makes sense.

I am so so cold and feel ropey today - just want to go crawl under a blanket and watch a film - hurry up 5:30!! xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015