Question when coming off the pill

So I took my final pill on the second week of July and had my usual withdrawal bleed. I haven’t had another period since.

Over the last couple of weeks I’ve had headaches, sore boobs (nipple area mainly), felt extremely tired and had pains in my lower leg. Is it possible to be pregnant already even though I haven’t had my natural period back? I have done a couple of tests but they have all come back negative. 

I was on the pill for 8 years so just wondered are these normal symptoms when coming off the pill or could I be pregnant already? If my cycle should follow how it did when I was on the pill I would be due my period tomorrow however I don’t feel like I’m about to come on at all, should I maybe test again this week?

• Mrs17Mrs17 Posts: 808 New bride
    Hi  :) 

It's possible to get pregnant straight after a withdrawal bleed and before any period. If you're having negative tests though, I'd guess it's either too early (First Response Early Result are generally best for early testing) or your hormones are still settling after the pill. I was told it could take up to 6 months for my hormones to regulate and a 'normal cycle' to resume, so dont panic. Your body may just be figuring out what to do next after 8 years! GL. X
  • Hey! I came off my pill in May and have had one period since my withdrawal bleed. I’ve felt hormonal and bloated but I’ve done tests and they’re all negative-it could be your body adjusting maybe? Or it could be you’re pregnant! I’m desperate for mine to return to normal so I know things are working down there haha it’s very confusing though.  My doctor said it can take up to a year for them to be normal but most return to normal in 3-6months!