Due May/June/July 2020

• MrsGB2015MrsGB2015 Posts: 3,616 New bride

@Pf2016 – Haha that’s true, my sister would agree with you her second just had hand me downs haha!!

That’s a good deal for the bumbo chair and beanbag – I remember my sister having a bumbo and it was really good!

I am hoping we find little bargains like that at this mums2mums market on Saturday – apparently the one we are going to is the better one around here, so fingers crossed!!

Fingers crossed you can hear the heartbeat, she found baby straight away for me, which was such a relief, but as mentioned baby was being a wriggler, so she had to do some chasing to get it back again haha!!  I cant wait to definitely feel baby, just like to know all is good but right now I cant decide if its hunger rumbles, wind or baby haha!

Ergh I hoped I wouldn’t have to do the GTT, as my BMI is higher but not crazy and only diabetes is my uncle and they didn’t seem bothered about that.  Its all because of my slight pco looking ovaries and she wants to err on the side of caution, which makes sense but not so fun times for me!

Aww sorry to hear your daughter was having issues, fingers crossed she’s all ok now 😊 xx

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015
    Miracle Baby due April 2020

"The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow"
  • MrsH2019MrsH2019 Posts: 21 New bride
    Hope you dont mind @Pf2016 said I could thread crash! I got my BFP on Sunday and I've been processing it this week, doesn't feel real. My app says I'm 4w+6, my EDD is 18th July, bit later than you guys but hoping I can hang out here!! 
    @MrsH2019 - Of course you can join us - massive congratulations hun :) I am a gatecrasher too as I am technically due in April ;) xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• MrsNH17MrsNH17 Posts: 573 New bride
    Congratulations @MrsH2019 and welcome!

@MrsGB2015 how lovely about the heartbeat. Always nice to hear! I’ve got my 16 week appointment on 25th (I’ll be 16+5) so hopefully I’ll get to hear ours.

i was thinking about birth plan the other day (early I know) but only because when I was last pregnant the maternity notes were all hard copy so they had all these sections you could fill in and I finally got my folder out to leaf through - but obviously now it’s mostly electronic so all the bits you could fill in and work through last time aren’t there this time! Which is what made me think how would they know my birth plan? Presume it’s discussed near the end. I didn’t bother doing one last time but I will this time since I know what to expect. 

im mega tired today. I’ve been in London a lot with work this week - one Monday I did just a day trip (5 hour round trip by train) but yesterday I went down and stayed over. We were at a client thing til about midnight and I was sooooo tired by the time I got to my hotel, didn’t sleep well either even though I was shattered. Then I lost my train ticket back up north- got to station and was like can’t find it (£160 ticket too!). Luckily my PA could do something around exchanging it and sending me an e-ticket for more of an admin fee than a new ticket but god knows what I’d done with it! I think the tiredness just obviously did me in. 
    Thanks @MrsNH17 @MrsGB2015 !

I'm feeling waaay behind and would love to get to know you all, any chance you could give me a bit about yourselves to fill me in?!
    I'm an early years teacher, 30 and this is my first pregnancy.

I'm hoping everything goes ok, it's so hard not to worry, I'm 5 weeks- 12 seems a long way off!!

• DandelionBlueDandelionBlue Posts: 1,382 New bride
    edited 16 November
    Evening ladies. Sorry for being quite the last few days. It was my gran's funeral on Thursday. A very sad day. But it was nice to see my grandad.

Welcome to the thread MrsH. I remember when I just found out and 12 weeks seemed like a long time away. But it will go faster than you think. And maybe consider booking a private scan. Lots of place doing some good deals for black friday.
    I am also 30, an architect and this is also my first pregnancy 😄

MrsNH You are very organised thinking if creating a birth plan now. I am thinking I won't try to plan everything out in too much detail. I don't want to get obsessed with it and then dissapointed. I hear a lot of births don't go to plan though. Although I am considering a water birth. There is only one pool in my local hospital though. My husband is laughing at me. He definitely thinks I will be wanting an epidural when the day comes. But I have read it slows labour down. So want to avoid it as long as I can.
    That sounds like quite a stressful journey to London you had there. Good that it all got sorted out in the end though.

MrsGB were you able to find some bargains at the mum2mum market?

MrsPf I had to look up what a bumbo chair is. It looks useful. From what age can you use it? That's a really good bargain.
    When you first felt baby last time, where did you feel it? I had a weird tickling sensation yesterday, but it was quite low down. So I am thinking it was probably stretching related.
    Sorry your daughter wasn't doing too well. But I am glad she is better.
    My review won't be until February. So still a while of anxiety about my job safety to go.

A women at the funeral asked my sister if I was pregnant. It's a good think I am otherwise she would have just called me fat.

We came back home to find the letter with our antenatal screening results. Baby is low risk, so that is a relief.

I thought the nausea had gotten better. But I have felt nauseous all day the past few days.
    Also starting to get quite emotional at everything. I think it must be hormonal.

@MrsNH17 - aww fingers crossed you’ll get to hear the heartbeat hun!! 

What a nightmare about the train ticket though! I’d have just cried 🤣

Ive been thinking about birth plan, briefly! I’d love a water birth, if all goes well with our pregnancy we would give birth in the birth centre which is midwife led. They have 3 pools, I believe, so fingers crossed that will happen! 

@MrsH2019 The 12 weeks always seems so far but it will come around quick! We did a private scan at 10 weeks though, was amazing so if you’re thinking about it, check out any offers near you!

Bit about me - I’m 31, work in marketing and it’s our first baby too 

@DandelionBlue aww hope the day went as well as a funeral can! 

We managed to get a high chair for £10 in really good condition so happy with that! Also, some little toys and baby grows.

We managed to get a day and night bottle machine off a lady on Facebook for £30, chuffed with that even though I plan on breastfeeding, we may not be able to or want to do a bottle now and then so glad to not pay the full amount for one, just in case we don’t use it! Xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Oh and @DandelionBlue im deffo there with you on the sex dreams!! 🙈🙈
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

@MrsGB2015 I was too tired to get upset about the ticket- normally I’d stress out but was like oh well! I can claim all travel back as I’m not travelling for fun so I don’t think it would have mattered really but I was just like oh god I’m so knackered I can’t even be arsed thinking about this, like what is the easiest option to just get me home lol!

Dandelion - I was in the pool for my first birth but I got out to get examined and she was coming and I couldn’t get back up the steps to get back in due to needing to push lol so I ended up actually giving birth on a bed! So the water birth had a last minute deviation! Bad timing on getting out really, but my pool had got a bit cold anyway! But like you I didn’t set my heart on it in case a pool wasn’t available and that worked well for managing expectations as it was just a pleasant bonus that I could pick.

I wasn’t planning my birth plan as such just yet though, more that I didn’t even bother doing one last time in any shape or form whereas this time I will in the sense of expressing preferences. Not quite sure what I want at this stage other than more midwife involvement come actual delivery to try and prevent tears / cuts as apparently they have a new thing these days of using hot compresses and helping with position and stuff and that all sounds quite good! I used hypnobirthing techniques last time and midwife more or less left me to it as I was in the zone but come pushing I wasn’t one of those zen hypnobirthing “ommmmmm” ladies lol - I distinctly remember the midwife cracking up as I exclaimed “oh my god this is entirely unnecessary!!” And she was like “ha ha actually,its very necessary” which of course is both biologically and factually correct lol. I was adamant I wouldn’t use anything more than gas and air last time (I didn’t) whereas this time I’ll happily be more relaxed about that and if I’m tired I’ll go all the pain relief I fancy! I think NCT puts people off epidurals (it did me as they are v pro natural) but actually loads of my mates had them with no affect on baby. And the whole thing about it making baby sleepy- well babies are mega sleepy on day 1 out of the womb anyway! 

MrsH- I’m 35 now (how did that happen!), 2nd baby, my daughter is nearly 2.  I’m also stepmum to 2 girls age 10 and 12 since meeting them at age 3 and 5. I’m a lawyer.

@MrsNH17 – Aww bless you hun, don’t blame you when its like that you just want to be home!

Cant believe its Monday already ladies! Ive woken up with a bad throat again, whats this about?! Lol!  Scarf was out today as I just need to keep warm!

Bit personal one now but is anyone else really off sex?  I didn’t want it at first as I was worried about something happening (stupid I know) but with it being so longed for I didn’t want to do anything that could maybe cause bleeding, even if it was normal etc but now I’m just like oh this is just weird?

We’ve only tried twice in the whole nearly 17 weeks we’ve been pregnant but last night, was just weird.  I had to make hubby stop and change positions but then I just didn’t enjoy it.  Am I just being a freak here? lol

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• Pf2016Pf2016 Posts: 721 New bride
    Hi everyone.  Welcome MrsH!  Don't worry about being a bit behind, we need some extra numbers here  :) and your time will fly by I'm sure.  I still find it weird that a baby can be born +/- 2 weeks from due date.  With my first, I was due the day after one of my NCT friends, and in the end our babies were born a whole month apart because I was early and she was late.  I am 34, and this is my second child, my daughter is 3 in January.

Funny chat about the sex dreams and sex, haha.  I have had a few sex dreams, had a really vivid one the other day!  Now I'm out of first trimester I am definitely more horny than before, but tiredness always takes over.  But I think that's all part of being a parent, gone are the carefree days of shagging left right and centre without anyone waking up and yelling for mummy...

Glad you got your ticket sorted MrsN. That's amazing you've been with your husband all that time and are step mum to 2 proper grown up girls!  Is that OK or do they give you shit?!  

Well I have been feeling movement for the last few days which is lovely.  Last time I had kicks from 17 weeks, this time I have been having swooshes.  No kicks yet so nothing my husband can feel.  My daughter wanted to stroke the baby and talk to it the other day, I asked her how she thought it would come out and she pointed to my tummy button and said 'through the tunnel'  :D - hahaha probably not THAT tunnel!  My god she was so naughty this weekend, full blown tantrums because she wasn't allowed to go to the park wearing just socks, a skirt and a necklace - mean mummy insisting that she put on tights, a t shirt and a coat as a minimum.  You first timers don't know what you've let yourselves in for!

@Pf2016 - Aww im so jealous I want to feel baby! I keep wondering if I have felt him/her but I am not sure yet - 17 weeks tomorrow so hoping it will start feeling more obvious?

Haha thats just made me laugh about your daughter - what a mean mummy you are for looking after her well being - how dare you ;) xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Ha ha @Pf2016 I teach 4-5 year olds and some of them have tantrums still, usually when its tidy up time! I find myself saying the weirdest things to them but it's just normal to an early years teacher, things like 'please don't lick your shoes/ her face/ my tights' etc 😂 
    We've got a few kids with needs who can have quite physical tantrums where they kick out so I'm trying to dodge that at the moment without being too obvious. Also got a child in a wheel chair I have to lift a lot which is hard.
    And I havent had sex since we conceived, my husband is worried we'll 'dislodge' it somehow 🙈 
    @Pf2016 no the stepdaughters are well behaved girls so no shit! We’ve always got on well. They adore their little sister too which is lovely (and her them) and they are pretty helpful with her so it’s a bonus in that respect. Sometimes I feel guilty though as when they were younger I used to do loads of stuff with them and i was definitely a favourite playmate, now I’m a bit crap as I’m always too tired and have my hands full with little one and they’re older so I don’t “play” with them like I once did. But they are of tv age now so it was different when they were younger. And pregnancy can make me a bit less patient when they are being messy / silly etc but on the whole they are fairly easy. Hoping it stays that way as we enter the teenage years! I do find it annoying though on Friday / Saturday nights when I’m looking forward to chilling after a hard week of work and little one in bed and they’re still up watching absolutely ridiculous tv that I can’t stand (normally nonsense YouTube video stuff) so I often end up going to read upstairs or something so I’m not assaulted by zany pre-teen rubbish all the time after a manic day of all three, but sure I’ll feel just as exasperated by my own with that when they are older like most parents. 

I’ve had a cold now for about 5 weeks which is driving me completely mad. It’s not as bad as it was but it just won’t clear off. That’s pregnancy immune system isn’t it!  

Also don’t know if I mentioned before but two of my NCT group from when we were mums first time round are also due in May. Mega chuffed I’ll have some maternity buddies again! 

@MrsNH17 - I feel you on the cold front - I've had one brewing for the last few weeks, bad throat and stuffy but not full blown but its driving me mad!

My throat has felt like swallowing razor blades every morning :( 

Thats great about your NCT buddies! xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Erghh got a headache again today and was nearly sick this morning - so much for feeling better in the 2nd trimester! 

Hope everyone else is ok, its gone a bit quiet? xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Sorry ladies for being quiet. I have felt really anxious about baby still being alive the last two days. I don't know why.

Also been suffering from quite a bit if pelvic pain. I am going to mention it to my midwife at my 16 week appointment. 

I told my team at work on Monday. Invited them to the pub after work. Obviously no alcohol for me.

I have been suffering from headaches too the last week and a half MrsGB. It might be the extra blood flow or maybe the increase in Estrogen. My friend told me she experienced the same when she was pregnant.

MrsNH and MrsGB It might not be a cold. I read that your nose gets blocked up when you are pregnant. And you generally produce more mucous. Although it wouldn't explain the sore throat.

It's nice MrsNH that you have some pregnant buddies. I have downloaded an app called Mush. I am hoping to meet some fellow mums to be in my area through it.
    I think what mainly makes me worried about epidurals is that  I have read it slows labour down and can lead to a C-Section. My mum had a 3 day labour with me her first. So I am hoping to avoid that.

MrsH Is it safe for you to pick up the kid in the wheelchair? Poor thing.
    My husband feels the same way about dislodging baby lol. But we did DTD once a while ago. After it I spotted a little. So it put me right off. But then again I have heard that baby enjoys it when we orgasm lol.

Pf How do you know it's baby vs gas for instance? I have been feeling the odd thing the last few days and trying to figure out if it's baby. It's mainly a tickling sensation. Maybe like butterfly wings but very very light. And it's below my panty line. It would be very early  especially since it's my first. But I overheard the Ultrasound lady say that I am quite slim down there (pelvic region - I am fat everywhere else) and that it's not always as easy as with me to locate baby. She said that because she had a trainee with her.

@DandelionBlue – aww bless you lovely – I’m sure all is well, when is your 16 week appointment?

Ergh headaches are just the worst, I suffered badly with migraines pre-pregnancy so always thought I would have issues ☹

Yes, that’s true about being blocked up, maybe it’s a mix of the two? Haha!  I have to be different!!

Oh, I’ve not heard of that app, might have to take a look.

I have been wondering if I have felt baby and not really realised, those sensations you describe is how I’ve read it may feel, so it could be baby! xx

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Oh dear I hope everyone feels better soon!  I have had some twinges in my left hip, I had some sciatica there last time and after giving birth, so hoping it doesn't turn into anything more serious.  Other than that I am simply loving this second trimester, after feeling so bloody exhausted for the first, I feel like a new woman! (Wait for that to come back and bite me in a few days...)

They say you feel your second earlier, and it's not that the baby moves earlier, you just know what to look for.  I can tell it's not gas because it's in the same place (just above the pubic bone is right).  When I have eaten I can sit still about 30 minutes later and usually feel the baby swishing a bit (probably complaining that I've had too much chilli again.)  It feels a bit like gas, but with gas the feeling moves around - and usually results in wind not long after  :D  With my first, I felt her at 17 weeks and it was like being flicked from the inside - so definitely kicks rather than movement.  I will be 15 weeks on Friday.

Finally told all my clients about the pregnancy now, give or take a few who have gone AWOL who I'll need to drop an email to at some point.  Such a relief.  Even if they are all begrudging me privately, they were all nice enough over email or face to face, phew.

I tried Mush about a year ago, I found it quite odd trying to start a conversation with someone, I guess it's like Tinder which I never used as I met my husband before it was a thing.  We had only moved here about 2 years before my daughter was born and din't have a huge circle of friends.  I made good friends through NCT, and weirdly through friends of friends, some people you just click with and arranging a play date is a good way to move a friendship forwards.  I'm really socially awkward and really didn't like baby groups, being thrown in with a bunch of strangers, but now I feel like I have plenty of friends and hopefully will be able to keep myself busy this time as a couple of other NCT mums will also be on their second leave when I am.
    @Pf2016 - Thanks for the insight on baby movements.  Im still unsure if I have felt baby or not yet but definitely awaiting anything that could be! haha!!

Thats good that they were nice, there are still so many colleagues I havent told, it feels weird to just randomly call or email them, so I am trying to drop it in when I do speak to them or email about other things! xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

@DandelionBlue I probably shouldn't be moving the child in and out of his chair but it's a bit awkward as I'm on my own with him part of the day, and I don't feel incapable of moving him... but I know I possibly shouldn't. I've got my booking in appointment the start of December so I'll ask the midwife then.

What symptoms did you all have in your first trimester? I'm worried I'm not feeling pregnant enough, is that a thing?! I've had a few queasy moments, and my stomach looks bloated at the end of the day but that's it really. 

@MrsGB2015 and @DandelionBlue I’ve been the same with the headaches! And paracetamol wasn’t really helping. Don’t know if it’s weather too but I can’t really remember feeling headachey or not last time but deffo noticed it this time. I’ll have to make an effort to drink more and see if that helps. But I’m headachey still now so getting in bed!

@MrsH2019 I didn’t have any symptoms other than needing to wee a lot! I didn’t get morning sickness with my first and didn’t with this one either. Meant I never felt pregnant but to be fair I’ll happily take the no sickness! I’ve noticed the weight gain / bloating more though this time but that’s cos I’m second time round.

re movement it’s common first time not to feel anything til a lot later / or at least not be sure until much later! I’ve started feeling a bit this time a bit earlier (I’m 16 weeks) but very sporadic and I think I only notice it cos I know what to expect - usually more after something sugary or after tea or when I first go to bed at night!  

I finally emailed HR at work to say about being pregnant cos they produce a pay schedule for you and help work out all your holiday etc which was handy last time. All my partners/bosses know anyway and it was only because the HR lady emailed me to remind me to use some holiday before Xmas so I didn’t lose it that I replied saying “oh by the way”. So hopefully they’ll remind me about the various bits they need in due course!

Also I MUST do my pelvic floors!!! Is anyone as bad as me at remembering to do them?!
    Haha MrsN - as soon as someone says pelvic floors I start doing them!  Then forget until the next time I'm reminded.  Definitely a good idea though, I remember taking my daughter on a big jumping pillow thing when she was about 11 months and realising "Oh....jumping not such a good idea anymore."....It's loads better now but definitely not what it used to be.
    Mrs H, my first trimester was just exhausting - that'll kick in from 6/7 weeks.  I'm lucky that I am self employed and work from home so can faff/nap when I need to (not that napping in my working day actually happens much in reality).  First pregnancy I had very little nausea, this time I had a bit more, just feeling queasy and needing to eat all.the.crisps.  I also had a really full on sense of smell which I hated - things smelt off to me (like my wardrobes?!) and it actually made me sick once.  Thankfully that's passed now.  My bump is starting to pop out now which is good because I just looked fat up to this point.
    Great to get your HR all informed MrsN.  Funnily enough my husband got that 'book your leave now' email yesterday and straight away emailed to booked Christmas Eve, to which his boss said 'No, too many others have booked it.'  And my husband had to say 'Well...I won't be here, I will be at my in-laws.'....apparently that went down like a sack of potatoes and his boss didn't talk to him all afternoon!

@MrsH2019 – I didn’t really have many symptoms tbh.  I wasn’t sick, just felt a bit nauseous, I was really tired though, that doesn’t seem to have changed too much, just eased lol!  I did suffer with constipation though, fun times haha!!

@MrsNH17 – Yes, I think more water is needed for me tbh! My favourite things to use are the forehead rubs (make sure they don’t have anything other than natural stuff in) I got this one that’s like lavender and peppermint, it smells lovely and is sooo cooling.  Its probably all in my head but I swear it helps, happy to send a link if anyone wants it 😊

Also, pelvic floors… mm… big fat fail so far from me – whoops!!

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

@Pf2016 - Oops we crossed posted there!  Oops about hubby and the time off but a bit childish of his boss to not talk to him!  :D
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

@MrsGB2015 yes please could you send the link to the forehead rubs? I think they be good for me! 

I just got a mothercare email that says they are doing Black Friday discounts now- seem to be some better deals as I went to get my daughter a potty the other day and thought current deals were rubbish! And even some of the deals I’ve seen mothercare do at that discount when I was last pregnant so I expect John Lewis and the like will match things. So I’m still waiting for the super drop in reductions really! 

My bump is showing now too - I also look fat but people have now guessed I’m pregnant who I hadn’t told so I’m guessing they usually don’t think I’m just a bit fat 😂 I could do with some new maternity jeans I think as remembered one pair ive got were super annoying and I was always tugging at them so maybe I’ll replace them. 
    Urgh the tugging of maternity jeans!  I've got mine on today (over bump) and they are always trying to fall down - I wear a belt under the bump to keep them up but there's no belt loops so it wants to fall in the loo everytime I go.

My sister in law also just text me saying Mothercare discounts seem to be 40% now.  I'm gonna wait too for the super reductions drop then maybe head over to the big store that's about 45 mins from us and try to pick up some new newborn/tiny baby bits.
    @MrsNH17 - I know some people use the normal 4head rub or whatever its called but I use this - https://littlepotofmagic.com/15ml-headache-balm/ make sure you get headache balm and not the temple balm!

Mothercare online still isnt great for whats left in my opinion but then it depends what you are after

I found a good deal on maternity jeggings on ebay of all places - I got them for about £7 or something and they were brand new, New Look ones worth about £20!

If interested, I will try and see if they still have stock as it wasnt just a person selling a one off pair xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

@Pf2016 We keep cross posting haha! :D 

I have only got under bump at the moment but they seem to come up fairly high anyway and are pretty comfy!

The jeggings I just mentioned are under bump but so good! xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

edited 21 November
    MrsGB If you could find the link for the maternity trousers that would be really useful. I ordered some maternity leggings from Dorothy Perkins but they were pretty much see-through.

My bump has also popped. I am worried I am too big. But I also have extra fat, so it's difficult to tell what is what. But my husband said to me yesterday that my belly was getting big. And this morning he said, it's even bigger today. You look really pregnant. I asked him do I look fat or actually pregnant. Give it to me straight. He said definitely pregnant because of the round shape.

I will give that forehead rub a try. I was using 4Head. I thought that was safe in pregnancy? Is it not?
    I also got a pregnancy pillow. I hope it will help my pelvic pain and perhaps alleviate some of the back pain that is making my headaches worse.

I don't think I will bother with mothercare. I got a couple of clothes earlier. Probably could have got them way cheaper. But all their other stuff seems to be at least matched or cheaper in other shops.

MrsH The first weeks I was like you and worried I didn't have enough symptoms. I didn't feel pregnant. I thought I would turn up at my first ultrasound and they would tell me there was no baby.
    I did have some mild food aversion the day I missed my period. And would wake up in the middle of the night. I was also more constipated. And I had chills. Oh and random cramps here and there.
    But pregnancy didn't really hit me until after 8 weeks I think. At which point I started throwing up. And had massive food aversion. There is not much I felt like eating. And what I felt capable to stomach would change every day. It's getting a bit better now. But I still have bad days like today.
    At that point I also got really tired. Massive lack of energy. I don't feel like doing anything.
    Anyway don't hope for the symptoms 😉 Although I totally get why you are.

MrsNH I do pelvic floor exercises once in a while. But certainly not enough. One of the apps I use actually has a Kegel exercise tool. But I need to get better at doing them everyday. I just sometimes get stressed out it will send me into pre-term labour. Which I know is stupid. I am just so anxious about everything.

Our team leader told us today he is leaving.  This means we all need to step up and take on more responsibility. I think he has been sheltering us a lot. So I am not looking forward to the additional stress.