Due May/June/July 2020

• DandelionBlueDandelionBlue Posts: 1,397 New bride
    Hannah I think seeing your wee bub will really help. It did me. There are still moments I feel anxious but not as much as at the beginning. 
    Sorry nausea has hit you. It seems to have caught up with me too. Having been feeling quite sick since the weekend. But also hungry.

MrsGB and MrsMannion the silvercross is definitely a nice pram. I was quite tempted myself before we were even pregnant. But I am eyeing up the Mutsy Nio at the moment. Haven't seen it in person though. It sounds like it might cope well with countryside walks which we do a lot off 
  • MrsGB2015MrsGB2015 Posts: 3,639 New bride
    @DandelionBlue - Ive just had to google that one as I hadnt heard of it but looks lovely hun! x
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015
    Miracle Baby due April 2020

"The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow"
  • Pf2016Pf2016 Posts: 729 New bride
    How long til your scan Hannah, is it at 7 weeks?  I hope all is well with you and you've made it past your 6 week milestone?? 
    My sickness is a bit better this week, I've just been inhaling snacks all day long.  I really feel like my tummy has popped out, surely it's too early, but it definitely looks like a little baby bump.  Maybe 30% human baby and 70% food baby.
    @Pf2016 - I have been feeling like Ive had a tummy for weeks now - its definitely getting more noticable!  1 week and 1 day until our NHS 12 week scan and I can actually tell people and stop having to hide under baggy clothing haha! xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• MrsNH17MrsNH17 Posts: 579 New bride
    @Pf2016 I’m nearly 10 weeks and definitely feeling much bigger than first time round. I think some of it is weight gain from eating crap but I’m fairly sure some of it is my body going ah another baby make room make room! I had no issue losing it last time, much to my surprise, cos of all the breastfeeding but this time I’m deffo starting off heavier so I think it’ll be harder! I could do with making a healthy meals plan for a couple of weeks to try combat the sweet tooth and stodgy cravings. I had a salad and soup at work yesterday and enjoyed it but then we had takeaway curry for tea as hubby fancied one! Oh dear.

and I’ve just hoovered down some leftover birthday choc with a cuppa as I have Tuesdays off and swimming has worn my little one out (she woke up at 5am gah!) so she’s fallen asleep in the car. Which is a pain as I wanted a nap myself which is fine when she’s in her cot but in the car I have to either sit in the car or keep going out to check on her but a transfer would wake her so feel nap time is getting wasted. Oh well least means we can get out and about this aft.
    Just threw up for the first time. I really thought I would escape morning sickness. But I was doing the fish tank and it made me throw up in our garden drain. 

Pfw016, MrsNH this is your second right? I heard that the bump grows faster with the second baby.
    My belly is really bloated and hard. But I don't think there is a real bump there yet.
    MrsNH I have been told that baby will take the vitamins from your body even if you're not eating that healthy. Don3be to tough on yourself.
    I could have done with a nap too!

MrsGB you must be so excited for your 12 week scan. I can't wait but it feels so far away.
    Well I just projectile vomited again this morning. Didn't quite hit the toilet because I had to run up to it. So then had to clean it up.
    Joys of pregnancy 🤮😣
    I just hope it doesn't happen at work
    @DandelionBlue - Oh lovely sorry you've started being sick :(  I am counting myself lucky that I have only had that one bout and I think that was definitely the iron tablet rather than actual morning sickness.  I hope it subsides for you hun.

Ahh I am so excited, we can then finally tell people!!  One more week to go!!  :#:#
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Hi ladies how are we all? I’m fine still no sickness or anything just tired!
    i go on holiday this weekend and can’t wait - weather is saying between 27-30 degrees woop! Although potentially a bit cloudy.

then when I’m back I’m straight on a hen do so I could do with maybe sending a message to my old school friends who are on it telling them I’m pregnant and just get it out of the way so they know why I’m not drinking / need my bed earlier etc! 

@MrsNH17 - Ahh I am so jealous that you are going away!!  I so need to just sleep right now, would love to be lazing around on hols!!

Yes, probably a good idea to let them know - how far along will you be by then? xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

edited 10 October
    MrsNH How exciting about the holiday. Where are you going? I am not sure I could cope with those temperatures though.
    I would agree that it would be best to tell the ladies on the hen do that you are pregnant.

MrsGB I can totally empathize with wanting to sleep all the time. I struggle to get out of bed.

Still have nausea. But I haven't thrown up today. Have been nibbling on dry biscuits all day. I just want this week to be over.
    I normally love to eat.  But I can't seem to enjoy a single meal at the moment.

Hannah I hope you are doing ok?

Pf2016 How are you doing?

@DandelionBlue - Oh no sorry your still feeling nauseous - I had a bout of it yesterday, wasnt actually sick but felt rough in the morning - it soon went away and I was like the very hungry caterpillar just wanted to eat and eat!  :D
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

I also get the hungry Caterpillar feeling MrsGB! But for me it often coincides with feeling really nauseous. It's really weird.

The nausea was a bit better today. Hoping it wasn't just a good day. But at the same time any drop in syndromes make me nervous.

I had a work event today at lunch. Had to abstain from the wine without being too obvious. And was invited to the pub afterwards. I pretended I couldn't make up my mind. Then told the bartender I was pregnant. He was very nice and made me a lemonade that looked like a gin and tonic lol

Wenn told our parents very early on about the pregnancy. And my mum really wanted me to tell my gran. So I did. But now my gran asked me to tell my aunt. Who I am not that close too. So I had to tell her that we don't want to tell anyone until 12 weeks. And that most people don't tell their family until then. But I now feel bad for pushing back.
  • Hannah343Hannah343 Posts: 284 New bride
    I think you were completely fair Dandelion about waiting to tell your aunt until you get to 12 weeks especially if you’re not as close.

Have a lovely holiday MrsN

I'm with you there with the eating Mrs Gb, I haven’t snacked so much in my life

Thank you for asking about me. I’m really struggling with the nausea, it’s a constant acid feeling and I wake up with it first thing in the morning and then I have to snack on pom bears at around 9am followed by crackers. The nausea then comes and goes in waves and then hits me when I get home from work. I’ve never been a big eater so I find I struggle to finish my dinner.

I’m trying to be positive but I’ve found myself quite down, I know part of it is the anxiousness of this working but also I’m finding my new class very challenging and it’s getting me down. 

But on the plus side, we reach 7 weeks on Monday and our scan is on Wednesday. I know there’s a few appointments on Wednesday so I wish you all the best, lots of love and positivity to us all x
    @DandelionBlue - I agree about waiting, especially if your not close! Don’t worry and stick to your guns xx

@Hannah343 - so sorry you’ve been struggling lovely. Sending you love. Good luck for Wednesday, what times your appointment?

We went to Mothercare again today, they were so helpful. They let us take the pram for a spin around the shop and showed us how to break it down and up again.  We still love it and planning on going to an expectant parent event next week, where she said they may have deals on, maybe even on top of current deals 😬😬 Will be hard to walk away! 🤣

We have our 12 week scan Wednesday, I can’t wait. I just want to know baby is still all good and kicking away xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Good to hear from you Hannah. Sorry you are feeling nauseous though. I know too well how that feels. Yesterday the nausea was constant. I really struggled to eat. My appetite is just gone. I had five potato smileys for dinner yesterday. I am regressing to being a toddler.
    What does help me though is nibbling on crackers, splitting my meals up into small portions and sipping on water.
    Also experiencing morning sickness is supposed to reduce your risk of miscarriage. So I try to tell myself that.
    Good luck at your appointment.

I bet your 12 week scan will be amazing MrsGB. Not long to go now. We are going into town today and I am hoping to pop into mothercare. Not to buy anything yet but just to get an idea.
    Hi girls.  Sorry to hear about the sickness Hannah and Dandelion.  My nausea has mainly passed now but I still get waves of just feeling a bit off.  I am soo exhausted though.  On Saturday I went to a friend's baby shower, then yesterday we had my in-laws over for lunch.  I woke up yesterday morning feeling like I had the flu from my waist down - my legs, hips and tummy were so achey.  I really wanted to put my head down on the table and sleep.  Once they'd left I tried to have a nap but my toddler refused to settle for her nap and ended up in my bed with me.  I ended up in the bath at 7 and in bed by 9, then still had a bad night's sleep.  I had forgotten how tiring first trimester is, or it's just a tonne worse when you've already got a child to look after.  
    Good luck everyone with scans on Wednesday.  I've got my first booking in appointment on Thursday, and my second next Thursday.  I've managed to get booked in with the same midwife as last time, which is lovely for continuity of care - I know not everyone is so lucky.  She is lovely too so I'm looking forward to seeing her again.
    In the meantime....Urgh Monday mornings....and why is it STILL RAINING?!  Where is our crisp Autumn?
    PS>  Have a lovely holiday MrsN.....not at all jealous over here.  Not one bit...
    Morning ladies,

Hope everyone is well this morning.

We are glad we took my mum back to Mothercare to look at the potential pram/pushchair as it transpires that the one we had been looking at, as it is both a pram/pushchair without separate components, it isnt completely flat when in "pram" mode and baby would need to be strapped in.

We like the idea of having the pram piece separate that we can take off and switch to the pushchair when ready, so we have changed our minds!!  It makes it more expensive, typically as I am still set on a Silver Cross but from a recommendation we've found a good deal on pram world (see here if interested - https://www.pramworld.co.uk/silver-cross-wayfarer-onyx-10-piece)

My mum is paying and she has said we will see what deals they have (if any decent) at the baby show on Saturday and see from there but maybe we will get that one online - ekk!!  Feels so early but I am not one to pass on a good deal haha!!

@DandelionBlue - Did you make it to Mothercare in the end?  They have expectant parent events on, check out your area for them - we are going to one on Sunday! 

@Pf2016 - Oh sorry to hear youve been so exhausted!  Must be really tricky with a toddler too!!  I am struggling still and just cba to do anything!  

I've found I get full up so quickly, I havent managed to eat dinner the last two nights as I just feel so full from lunch!  I havent even had that much at lunch time, beans on toast on sat and a ham/cheese part bake yesterday so hardly big dinners but my constipation has been really bad, TMI but I went almost 48 hours without bowel movement and I felt SO uncomfortable.  Its been awful!  Think I am on the home stretch and getting there but oh I just felt so full and in pain when I moved, that can go away! lol!! 
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Just quickly stopping by to say all the best ladies for appointments today.

mine is at 8:50 so should be over in a few hours x
    I think I’m still in shock as I had prepared myself for bad news but she found it. Within minutes she said that our baby looked fine and we got to see the heartbeat flickering away, it was quite an emotional moment. Measuring two days ahead 7+4 and EDD May 30th 2020. 

@Hannah343 Aww amazing lovely so pleased for you!! ❤️❤️

Our scan also went well, baby is measuring spot on at 12+1. 2 arms, 2 legs and heartbeat flickering away! 😍😍 

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• MrsPope2018MrsPope2018 Posts: 1,206 New bride
    Congratulations hannah and MrsGB! 💓💓
    Thanks @MrsPope2018 💕💕
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Congratulations Hannah and MrsGB. Such beautiful scan pictures!

Hannah are you feeling a little less anxious now? Was it wonderful to see the heartbeat? And you measured ahead which is great!

MrsGB your bub is so cute! Looking so much like a real baby. Do you have a feeling if it's a boy or girl? Was baby moving around?

I had my booking appointment. Was really long. From 10.30 to 12. I am going to need a glucose tolerance test 😔 And need to take extra folic acid. But I am otherwise classed as low risk. They have given me loads of phone numbers to call.  I didn't manage to fill the urine sample properly. And she struggled to get blood from me.
    Anyway my 12 week scan is on the 6th November! They are going by my last period and classing me as 9 weeks at the moment. I reckon I will be closer to 11+5 than 12+3 on my scan date. But we will see.

I have felt a little less nauseous the last 2 days. And that has made me anxious again 😔
    Aw congratulations MrsGB and Hannah!  So excited for you....Hannah this must feel amazing.  I expect you're still cautious but it's wonderful news really.

Great to have your scan date Dandelion - you're one day before me.  I am also 9 weeks today (going by my dates from my 7 week scan.)  I have my booking in appointment tomorrow afternoon.  

I have been trying to find out if it's safe to get my daughter vaccinated for chicken pox while I am pregnant.  There is conflicting information online and I keep missing the phone back from my doctor.  I will ask my midwife tomorrow if she can request an immunity test when she sends my blood off.  My mum says I definitely had it as a child, and I have been meaning to get my daughter vaccinated for ages (it is common practice in Germany and the USA but the NHS doesn't do it...for me it's worth paying privately to avoid having 2 weeks off work when she does get it.  And seeing her suffer too obviously.)  Knowing my luck, we will get the all clear, then she will catch it in the next week and get it anyway!
  • MrsMannionMrsMannion Posts: 1,233 New bride
    If you have had chicken pox then you are fine to be around them I work in a nursery and we had r normal annual chicken poxs and providing you have had them it's fine my midwife said but for peace of mind still check with youra x
    Thanks Mrsmannion, my practice nurse just phoned me back and confirmed exactly that.  :)

@DandelionBlue – Thanks lovely – I have no idea really, but I am swaying towards boy.  I would love a little girl but obviously as long as baby is healthy then I don’t care really.  Baby wasn’t as active, was having a right relax in there!  Had its legs crossed low down just chilled out!  Very annoying for measurements as the sonographer needed to do the measurement behind babies’ neck for the screening tests and needed baby to move but bubs wasn’t playing ball haha!!  She was proper prodding me with the scanner, it actually hurt a bit tbh!!  Eventually she got it, but it was uncomfortable for a while!!

Ohhh the joys of the booking appointment, that’s the worst one apparently most boring lol!!  Ahh lovely that you have your scan date too, exciting!!

@Pf2016 – Thanks lovely! Glad you got the advice you needed for the vaccination side 😊

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

edited 17 October
    Hello everyone! We’ve just got back from our holiday (Majorca) and it was fab! Super hot still (28/29 degrees) and my little girl just had such a fab time it was lovely. Feels like the first holiday she’s really been able to get stuck in (we went to Cyprus when she was 6 months and Portugal at 8 months then Dubai when she was around 16 months, but she’s 22 months now and could really enjoy splashing and paddling and just having a jolly old time!). 

Back to reality now though and back to work tomorrow boo! Straight on the hen do too tomorrow eve, eek. Nothing bloody fits so I need to do an emergency night out outfit dash in my lunch break tomorrow. I’ve told all the girls so that’s done!

Lovely scan pic @MrsGB2015! It’s so nice having that first proper scan! I have mine in 2 weeks but I’m nearly 14 weeks by then! Grrr. Oh well I didn’t really have much I could do about changing it with holiday anyway. 

@Hannah343 fab that your scan went well too! 

Hope everyone else is well xx