Due May/June/July 2020

• Pf2016Pf2016 Posts: 783 New bride
    Good tip MrsPope!  Another one is, make sure your other half knows how to get the seat out the car again....when our daughter was born my husband was gone for nearly an hour trying to work out how to remove the seat from the base - I started wondering if he'd done a runner!

• MrsPope2018MrsPope2018 Posts: 1,338 New bride
    Haha yes! It took us a little while to work out which buttons to press to release the seat. Had a little practice yesterday and left the base in but brought the seat back into the house. 
  • MrsGB2015MrsGB2015 Posts: 3,810 New bride
    Just a quick update, GTT went fine. The drink wasn’t as bad as I thought, was like a real sugary flat orange drink but wasn’t awful!

Just got to wait for the result now.

Will catch up properly later xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015
    Miracle Baby due April 2020

"The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow"
  • Melissa45Melissa45 Posts: 496 New bride
    Scan completed and all was well! Found out we’re having a boy so we’ll have one of each! 
    He kicked and wriggled around the whole appointment so she wasn’t really able to get many pictures of him! Placenta is currently lying low so had to have an internal scan to confirm position and then have to have another ultrasound  scan at 32 weeks to check to see if it has moved upwards. 

Almost feels like my appointment on Friday to discuss birth options is pointless as we’ll have to wait until 32 to confirm positioning anyway!! 
  • MrsL-K2017MrsL-K2017 Posts: 652 New bride
    edited 23 January
    Glad your scan went well Melissa45 other than the low lying placenta :) can I ask if you got much good info from the birthing appointment on Friday as lady we saw seemed more interested in everything else :neutral: 

Ok so have started curtains but already made a mistake :lol:
    @Melissa45 - Glad your scan went well but annoying about the low lying placenta!  How exciting that you will have one of each thats lovely <3

@MrsL-K2017 - Aww no - is it a big mistake or fixable? xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

@MrsL-K2017 the appointment is tomorrow but honestly have no idea what they will say other than wait and see until at 32 weeks! 
    So amazing that you’re making curtains! Hopefully it’s something fixable. 

I’ve got to start planning the nursery but I’ve currently got no inspiration on how I would like it to look! 
  • MrsNH17MrsNH17 Posts: 625 New bride
    Get yourself on Pinterest @Melissa45! Plenty of inspo on there. I’ve been looking for a few ideas for how to decorate toddlers new room!

i was just looking at some pics of when I was about 36/37 weeks pregnant last time! I look a lot more fresh faced then than I do pregnant this time lol! And it’s only just over 2 years ago! 
    I’ve been looking on Pinterest but nothing’s grabbing me yet. Same for toddlers new room. 
    Haha i didn’t have nearly 3 years of eye bags last time that’s for sure!! 

@MrsL-K2017 appointment went well today the lady was lovely and funnily enough I taught all 3 of her children! She gave lots of information about pros/cons of vbac vs ercs. And ran me through what I would and wouldn’t be allowed to have in a vbac. Such as I wouldn’t be allowed to go to the midwife lead suite :(  and hr would be monitored throughout. And although I may have to have antibiotics I can still have a water birth. interestingly she stressed if I did have a vbac I wouldn’t be left to have a long labour if it wasn’t progressing they would make a decision a lot quicker on next steps. She was also able to give me the exact reason why my daughter wouldn’t come out last time and the chances of this happening again. 
    Essentially she said it was my choice and although statistically speaking vbacs are better ercs also has its benefits. I decided to not make a decision until after the 32 week scan so we know what’s happened with the placenta. If I want a cs it’s booked in and I can do that at anytime. Still not sure on which option is best but definitely given lots to think about. 
    edited 24 January
    Sounds like you had better consultant than we did. Didn't really say much other than to look up stuff on app.
    My midwife was more helpful, saying I could still have waterbirth but would need constant monitoring. She also said that we could say we want csec at 39w if go into labour before then we could see how it goes before we op for csec. Only thing I forgot to ask was whether we would have to go straight in to hospital if we go into labour, as I know they normally like you to stay at home until contractions are close together but assume would have to go straight in if they want to monitor you.

well have made one curtain now to see if size is right, only made a few mistakes :lol:  

oh and carpet has been fitted :)

some pics ....

• MrsH2019MrsH2019 Posts: 50 New bride
    Just catching up!
    @DandelionBlue I sent my mum the dimensions for the tutti bambini mattress and she got the sheets from john lewis, not sure how well they fit though! I do want to get a mattress protector though. Sorry you didn't find the ergobaby in tk maxx! I 

@Melissa45 - Ahh a boy, congrats!  Glad your scan went well apart from the low lying placenta!  Not sure if you said already, what year do you teach? How funny to see a parent! My husband vetoed chosing the hospital nearest his school incase we saw parents ha ha.

@MrsL-K2017 aww super cute curtains! 👏
    I teach year 7 to year 13! 
    The hospital in our county is around 40mins drive and traffic is awful so we cross over to another county’s hospital which is only 20/25 mins away and closer to my parents it does mean I’m likely to see parents though!! 

@MrsL-K2017 - Aww curtain looks fab! Well done you!!

Hope everyones ok for a Monday - I really struggled to get up today just so tired!

Had a boring weekend so cant really blame that either!  I did have a silly panic over the weekend, I woke up Saturday convinced my tummy had deflated and wasnt as before.  Convinced myself something was wrong and was desperate for baby to move, which typically it didnt want to do when I was sitting expecting it but did later on in the day, I think baby was just in a different position and with my anterior placenta was just where I couldnt really feel much.

I keep having moments of worry the last few days, I dont know what it is.  I think it may be because I found out a friend had suffered a silent miscarriage at 6 weeks and for some reason its all on my mind.

Just keep waiting out those little wiggles and kicks to make me feel better xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Thanks ladies :smiley: 
    Just got to get around to doing other one now before I forget measurements :lol: 

I know what you mean MrsGB I keep worrying as not felt much yet but like you have an anterior placenta and still fairly early so trying to not get too worked up but it's very hard. Still worrying something will be wrong at next scan :neutral: 

possibly doing gender reveal this weekend :smiley:  
    @MrsL-K2017 - Haha yes dont go forgetting and having one longer than the other! :D 

Ahh it took a while for me to feel movements at first but baby was quite active last week, it seems I feel it more on my right so think baby must be hiding over my left where its more muffled - cant win with me this poor baby as it was obviously causing me discomfort on the right and I wanted baby to move but now I want it to kick so I can feel it - never happy lol!!

Ooo thats exciting RE: gender reveal! How are you thinking of doing it? x
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

ok so we're actually doing gender reveal on Thursday :#  we are having a cake made and getting hubbys grandad to cut the cake as it's his bday on Thursday and we're out for meal, not telling anyone though :lol: 

@Melissa45 ohh I couldn't teach secondary kids!! Fingers crossed you don't bump into any parents when you're in the hospital!

@MrsGB2015 sorry you've been feeling worried, I woke up feeling 'not so pregnant', my tummy doesn't look quite so bloated.

@MrsL-K2017 aww that sounds like a cute idea for your gender reveal!! How exciting!!

I'm undecided on whether to find out still... I'm tempted for me and my husband to find out and not tell anyone we know the gender. I'm 16 weeks on Wednesday so the temptation to book a private scan is real!!

@MrsL-K2017 aww that sounds such a perfect way 🥰 you’ll have to let us know how it goes!

@MrsH2019 - Ahh it’s so silly really as baby probably just moved but I was worried for a while! Baby didn’t move about (that I could feel) until this afternoon, which again worried me but as soon as I felt those kicks I was relieved! 

Ekk!! I can’t believe we’ve stayed team yellow so totally get it if you do break and book a scan! You’ll let us lot know though right? 🤣 xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Most of them don't even know i'm pregnant :lol:
    @MrsL-K2017 haha will be a big surprise then! Xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

They'll guess soon as they see me that i'm preggo :lol:  no hiding the belly this time :) 
    @MrsL-K2017&nbsp; I had a little girl in my class (4 year old) stare at my belly and ask if I had a baby in there. I should be offended though as I was only like 6 weeks so deffo no baby bump there. I told her it was my lunch 😂 
    Oh, how random is this! Doing Chinese new year at school, all that talk I fancied a chinese takeaway 😂 look what was in my fortune cookie!!

@MrsL-K2017 - Haha deffo no hiding my bump now either!

@MrsH2019 - Ooo maybe its a sign! 

27 weeks today - ekk!!  Where is the time going?!  

I havent heard back about my GTT, which I am taking as a good sign as the midwife said they would call in 3 days if any issues - thats one less thing to worry about, well hopefully! haha! xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• MrsNH17MrsNH17 Posts: 625 New bride
    @MrsL-K2017 I hope you’ll tell us the gender! No hiding my bump at the mo either, I feel massive at present! 

@MrsGB2015 fingers crossed re your GTT! I’m 26 weeks now so just a week behind you. Everything still feels ages away though as I have less midwife appts and things this time. On the plus side I feel like once never ending January is over (seriously I feel this month has been about 4000 years long!) then it’s just fed and March to get through and work is pretty much done! (I’ve just had to pick up a replacement MATB1 today as my midwife forgot to fill in my due date on the other one and I didn’t notice before sending to HR and they won’t accept it without - obviously since they then had it I couldn’t just write it in myself!)

We’re viewing a couple of houses this weekend. In an ideal world we would like an older house / one with a bit of character and features. We have offered on others previously but been outbid. One of the houses this weekend fits the bill re style but needs shed loads of work, maybe too much (and is actually advertised as needing some structural repairs). The other is a modern house on like a new build estate - me and hubs always say we won’t go for these but then our friend lives on the estate and whenever we are at her house we always think it’s really nice! This one would be most suited to us in terms of what I’m after space wise the number of bedrooms and reception rooms / layout but obviously hasn’t got the period features / characters I’ve always wanted (and is pretty expensive). 

But if neither suits we need to ultimately decide if we are staying put otherwise because we need to crack on with moving our little one in to the bigger bedroom and there’s a bit of money to spend. We’ve had the quote for fitted wardrobes now which has come in at what I thought so really I quite want to get on with decorating and installation etc pretty sharpish if we decide to just commit to staying (the room is absolutely fine for selling if we are going, just needs sorting for a toddler)! She’s also trying to climb out of her cot a lot so she might get a big girl bed as part of the move straightaway after all! 

I was trying to think of names for baby girl again last night. Not really getting anywhere. The ones I do keep leaning towards are just the really popular ones (well by the lists, I don’t actually know any) and then I have one slightly off piste name that I’m drawn to but don’t know if I can imagine committing to it! I’ll have a good think and then post here for thoughts and inspiration! 

@MrsNH17 – I am hopeful that it must be good news as she did say they would call and its now been 4 days not including the day of the test – fingers crossed!

January has gone on FOREVER, 100% with you there!!  Feel like it will go even quicker now as Feb is quite busy for us and March, we start our NCT classes, ekk!!

How annoying about your MATB1 form, you’d think that would be the simplest part of it lol!! Glad you’ve sorted it though hun.

Tough decision on the housing front, I guess you need to really decide if you are willing to give up the characteristics/period feel and go for the more modern house or not.  I guess its heightened with wanting to do stuff to your current house if you aren’t moving, so many decisions to make!!

We found girls names so much easier than boys, but I still think we are having a boy, so hope no one uses our name in the interim! Lol!!  What names are you leaning towards?  I love a name chat lol 😊 xx

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

I love a name chat too! I’m really struggling on a boys name I haven’t really found any I like! 

@MrsNH17 tough decision. I love a period house all done up but the space you get for some modern houses is so good. Hopefully you’ll find a compromise somewhere. 
    I’ve given up finding anything to
    move to in our area. I feel like I’m not ready to move out of our town but also only a handful of houses come on under £600k and I haven’t liked many and the ones we’ve have we’ve been outbid. 
    Will definitely tell you all whether boy/girl once we know :) I think it's a girl but OH thinks it's a boy, ah so nervous to find out :# 
    Thought of another girl name but not suggested it to OH yet.  Octavia but not 100% on our list :blush: 

Struggle with boy names :/