Due May/June/July 2020

• MrsH2019MrsH2019 Posts: 55 New bride
    Hey, feel like its been a busy few weeks and I've got loads to catch up on!! The wind has woken me up so thought I'd work my way through all your posts, sorry if I miss anything!!

@MrsGB2015 I love your name choices, Oscar and Rosie are lovely. My first pet rabbit was Rosie so feel like I can't use that now even though I really like it! Also I get the initials thing, we hit on a name we liked but the initials were BJ and I can't do it 🙈 glad your pram has now arrived and hope you have a fabulous baby shower too!

@Melissa45 I hope you're feeling better now!! And a little less emotional too. I cried yesterday because my husband said being pregnant looks hard work, I was like 'I'm so glad you see that' and cue the tears ha.

@Pf2016 can certainly say I've never taught a Banay Unicorn so definitely an unusual name there 😂 Seville sounds fabulous! I've booked an air b&b in Wales for 2 nights for husbands birthday when the baby will be about a month. Everyone's said that it's too early, apart from my mum who said she did it and it was fine. It's a self catering cottage so hoping it'll be like being at home?!

@ljcxx lovely scan! Congrats on having a baby boy! I'm 17 weeks and desperately waiting to feel some movement now!

@MrsL-K2017your gender reveal cake looks fabulous!! Congratulations on having a baby girl!

@MrsNH17 I'll keep fingers crossed that a house comes up for you soon! And I've just downloaded a pelvic floor app to try and get me in the habit of doing them- my midwife was like 'you're too young for tena lady!'

So little update from me, thanks for thinking of me @Pf2016 ! Breast clinic was a little nerve wracking. After the initial exam I had an ultrasound on the lump and then following that a biopsy. The results came back yesterday, I have a fibroadenoma which is benign and safe to leave alone. Phew! I went to my 16 week midwife appointment a few days after the breast clinic, so my midwife let me have a sneaky listen to baby's heart to cheer me up 💕

Other than that I've been ok, gums keep swelling from time to time and getting sore, a few headaches and still feeling fairly tired. One week to go til half term and I've got 2 parents evenings and a valentine's disco to get though first! I'll be exhausted!

I started aqua natal which I really enjoyed, and I'm starting pregnancy yoga on Thursday, slightly more worried on that as I'm so inflexible. But later on the same lady does aerial yoga with the baby too in those silk ropes, looks so cute!

We are currently team surprise, in that it will be a surprise for everyone else... we had a sneaky scan after my hospital visit to cheer us up. We may change our minds and tell after 20 weeks, we'll see!

Phew, sorry that was so long, felt like I had loads to catch up on! Hope I didn't miss anything and you're all well x
  • ljcxxljcxx Posts: 28 New bride
    @MrsH2019 so pleased for you about your results, and Aqua natal and pregnancy yoga sound great! 

So lovely to keep it a surprise for everyone, I am an awful secret keeper so could never not tell people! 🙈 I do love being able to call him ‘him’ now rather than it/they/them 💙 

@MrsGB2015 hope you had a lovely day yesterday for your baby shower x

• MrsGB2015MrsGB2015 Posts: 3,868 New bride
    edited 10 February
    hey ladies

@MrsH2019 - That’s great about your results hun and so exciting that you know but I wouldn’t be able to keep it secret 🤣🙈

Ive had such a weekend of it! Ended up back up the hospital sat Eve at 10pm as I hadn’t felt baby all day! Typical just after I see midwife baby plays up again! They monitored me for a while and everything was fine and typically baby eventually moved for me 🙄 little pickle! As I was only in a few weeks ago though they said they will book me for a scan on Monday (well today but you know what I mean!) 🤣

Had my baby shower yesterday which was lovely! Annoyingly the weather did stop some coming but I still had a good amount turn up and baby was spoilt!! I’ll add some pics at the end of this update for you!

By last night I was exhausted and just couldn’t face the thought of work today, so I text my boss asking if I could take today off and sorry for the late notice, she was fine with it though luckily! 

So, had the scan today and all is well! Baby is measuring well and all looks good, typically moving around today! Little pickle! 

Pics for you:

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015
    Miracle Baby due April 2020

"The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow"
    @MrsGB2015 aww your baby shower pictures look lovely!
    Glad baby looked all ok on the scan though after being cheeky x

@MrsH2019 thank you Hun! Ahh I know little pickle! I feel like I’ve had 100 different emotions run through me the last two days! No wonder I felt so tired! Had a cheeky afternoon nap earlier as well! Obviously needed! 

Roll on next week, got three days off 🙌🏻🙌🏻
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• DandelionBlueDandelionBlue Posts: 1,448 New bride
    Hi ladies. Sorry it's been a while since I popped in. Have been super busy and exhausted.

I am having my GTT this morning. Had my first blood draw. Then had to drink something that vaguely reminded me of squash. Wasn't actually that bad. Now sitting at the hospital and waiting.

MrsGB. I am glad you got your pram. When are you thinking of putting it together?
    I have deep veins too. They always need several attempts and then they generally send me to phlebotomy.

Ljcxx We ended up getting the uppababy vista. Found it the easiest to fold, maneouvre and liked the break. We are hoping it will do well in the countryside. And we like the fact that we might be able to use it for two children when we have our second one.
    We got our pram last month. So after my 20 week scan. But that's because we wanted to make the most of the sales.
    In terms of movement I started to feel it quite early on. Something like 14 weeks. So I am not the best person to ask. But I have been told by the midwife that regular movement isn't expected until 28 weeks. My husband still hasn't felt baby either. Eventhough the kicks now deel really strong at 26 weeks.

MrsPB I will give the NHS squeezy app a go. I keep forgetting to do my pelvic exercises.
    Also need to start watching the videos of the hypnobirthing course I bought. Is anyone else doing this?

Melissa I keep meaning to join a pregnancy yoga course. But I am too lazy. Ha!
    That is frustrating about the cash buyers.

MrsNH That must be annoying to lose out on houses all the time. Is it really that much of a sellers market at the moment? 

Pf2016. We are expecting a boy! Not sure if you added me since I missed the entire discussion.
    How do you know baby is breech? Did your midwife tell you? Mine inky said he was on the right side. Which I knew cause that's where I have been feeling him move.
    I have been getting really bad backpain as of late. But a hot water bottle definitely helps.

Sorry if I missed anyone else out

@DandelionBlue – The drink isnt too bad is it – fingers crossed all comes back ok for you.

I don’t actually know when we are going to put it together – kind of just left it at the mother in laws :D haha! Probably go round at some point to test it all out – we do have to be there this sat to dog sit, so maybe we can have a play then lol! xx

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

@MrsGB2015 I actually found the drink perfectly fine, which makes me worry that I eat way too many sweet things 😅🤣
    I really hope everything comes back ok. How long after do you get the results?

We haven't unboxed ours yet either. It is just sitting together with our car seats in the dining room taking up loads of space. I am tempted to unbox the pram and have a play. But at the same time I think it would take up even more space unboxed. 
    @DandelionBlue - Haha I thought that but I was ok - so fingers crossed you are! They told me they would call if there was an issue within 3 days - other than that it would just be updated on my app (I guess they'd send a letter if you dont have an app though!) 
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

@MrsGB2015 Yes hopefully everything is in order.  Fingers crossed. See they didn't tell me anything. Nothing about when to expect results. An app!  That sounds amazing. I always have to wait for a letter. And sometimes nothing comes at all. So I am like, I guess no news is good news?
    @DandelionBlue - Ahh well I would guess it must be about the same for you hun - fingers crossed no news is good news yes!!

Yea, we have an app that everything goes on - I dont have paperwork or a file its all done on here xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• MrsNH17MrsNH17 Posts: 643 New bride
    Hello everyone! 

Baby shower looks fab mrsGB! 
    Hope GTT doesn’t reveal anything dandelion.

Worked out yesterday that it’s 8 weeks til I finish work, woohoo! So really just rest of this month and next month to get through then I’m on the home straight to finish. When is everyone else planning to finish?

we are viewing a house on Saturday that looks ideal. It’s the launch day through and the agents are expecting a lot of interest. (Which we expect based on the other stuff we have missed out on). We’ve got a game plan (as advised by the agent) to get straight into the office with an offer after viewing if we do like it and knowing how the market has been with these sort of houses round here then we prob just need to go in and offer over asking and try get it pulled. But anyway we will see what it’s like! 

@MrsNH17 - Thanks lovely - we had a great day.

I have put in to finish on the 9th April - so 8 weeks also - although next week I am only working 2 days as got holiday for my birthday so I keep discounting that week as a proper week :D plus, the week I finish is a 4 day week due to the bank holiday so thats not a "proper week" either :D so 6 weeks? haha!

Good luck with the house on Sat hun - keep us updated xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• Pf2016Pf2016 Posts: 820 New bride
    Hi everyone,

MrsGB what a nice baby shower, you must have felt very lucky to have such lovely friends and family.

MrsH - sooooo glad your results came back as benign, what a huge relief.  I was worried when you went quiet but glad you're back and well.  But it's outrageous that you know the baby's sex and won't tell us! :D  Aqua natal sounds great, I was meant to start it late in my last pregnancy but gave birth the day before my first class - I'm going to look into it.  I really want to go to some anti natal hydrotherapy sessions and just wallow in a warm pool for half an hour.

MrsN good luck this time round with the house!  Keeping everything crossed for you.  Can I ask, have you sold your current house or is it on the market?  Agents here are reluctant to let you view if you've not sold already which makes it very difficult, especially when you're looking for a particular type of house not just any old house.

Dandelion, I hope your test comes back OK.  We don't have an app either, just paper notes - so old school.  I wish it was an app.  I know baby is breech because I was told at my 20 week scan, and I've only felt kicks right at the bottom, and don't think I have felt anything which could be her turning.  She likes to kick my bladder repeatedly.   I have had a few kicks to one side but it goes back to the bottom, so I guess she could be transverse or still moving.  Apparently 26-28 weeks is the usual time for baby to go head down.  I'm feeling as bit more positive about birth now so will try some spinning babies techniques if she's still breech at 30 weeks.

re. Pelvic floor, I am using an app called Kegel Exercises, because it was free.  It's good but only reminds you once a day and I think the NHS advice is 3 times a day so I need to remember to do it more often.

Well we had a lovely time in Seville, but unfortunately we were delayed on our flight out thanks to a technical problem with the plane.  And on the way back on Sunday we spent 9 hours waiting in Seville airport as our flight was delayed, delayed some more etc because of the storm.  Stupid EasyJet insisted that we came to the airport for the usual time anyway.  Eventually they cancelled it and put us up in a hotel, but with all the faffing around, we were exhausted, and had to leave at 6am for the morning flight.  Got back midday Monday and straight to work.  And yesterday we were at a funeral.  So all in all I am now more tired than before our break. :s  I reeeaallly need a day off but have some big deadlines and have to work today. :|

I started thinking again about a home birth when we were away.  I considered it first time but felt that the risks were too high.  Then my daughter needed resuss at birth, so we were really glad we had been in hospital.  But I keep remembering all the things that stressed me out about getting to the hospital.  My husband leaving me to park the car.  Being stuck in a side room without a midwife or any pain relief for 2-3 hours, because they wouldn't admit me (not dilated enough) or send me home (dilating too quickly.)  Then being moved from that room to the labour room in full labour (and naked!!)  Then 2 nights on the ward after.  I think I've come round to feeling that the perceived risks of a home birth more than offset the massive hassle and stress of getting to hospital.  Which is only 10 minutes away in an ambulance if the worst comes to the worst.  I have been doing my Positive Birth Company course and she talks about how stress causes adrenalin which slows down labour, and that in turn can cause baby to get stressed - which could have contributed to why my daughter didn't start breathing by herself when she was born.  I think I would be way more chilled out at home and in my mind I have come to the decision that it is what I want to do.  HOWEVER - my husband is not on board, not at all!  He thinks it's too risky and is focussing on worst case scenario.  He can't balance this risk because for him, the stresses of getting to hospital whilst in labour don't directly affect him.  He also keeps saying it's easier for our daughter to stay at home if we go to the hospital, but frankly I can't prioritise her over myself in this scenario - she can go to a friend's house and will be perfectly happy/excited by that.  And he is freaked out by the 'mess'.  Even though the midwives will handle this.  Anyway I have my 28 week appointment next week so will have a chat with the midwife then.  I especially want to know about how they go about resuscitating babies at home births, which I know they can do, I just need to know some facts.  Then to try to convince my husband.... Is anyone else considering a home birth?

• MrsPB2019MrsPB2019 Posts: 827 New bride
    @Pf2016 I had a successful home water birth last month and it was the best decision and experience for me. Happy to answer any questions you might have. My husband wasn’t on board at first either, I had him watch some of the PBC videos and he also met the home birth midwives with me and discussed his concerns with them which put his mind at rest.
    That's a good shout MrsPB.  I was thinking I would talk to my midwife next week and then bring my husband along to the next appointment to talk it through with him.  I have told him we can start the process and change our minds but it's not as easy the other way round.  Am I right in thinking you are Sussex too?  We might even be under the same team.

@Pf2016 – I did feel very lucky and had such a lovely day with everyone celebrating our little bubs!  Was so exhausted after though – this week I just feel like someone has hit me with a bus, I am so tired!  Can’t wait for my days off next week lol!

Ohh what a nightmare about your flight back – that storm caused nothing but havoc!!  I don’t blame you for wanting a home birth this time, I think for me, I would be more worried about being home but then I worry about everything even though the hospital isn’t far away!

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

@pf2016 no my current house isn’t on the market but we don’t need to sell. We have a lot of equity in it and we have consent to remortgage it and let it out and use the remortgage to buy a new property (plus an additional mortgage to cover the difference but obviously the letting income then offsets this somewhat).

Whilst letting it out is a risk we have been through all this already due to a house we were in legals on a year ago (but we pulled out of that as they disclosed something quite major which we couldn’t resolve). We got two applications to rent our house quickly so tenants were sorted but we had to say we weren’t moving in the end. As far as estate agents are therefore concerned we are chain free and don’t need to sell and most of them have seen our proof of funding given the houses we lost out on (we had a house in legals last year but). So we are actually in a really good position and that’s what is so frustrating!

your delays sound like a nightmare, hope you can apply for some compensation.

re the home birth I seriously considered this last time as I had a friend who really advocated it. I was quite up for it but decided to go to hospital as I was just so busy at work I felt like I didn’t end up with any time to sort it all. In the end that almost worked out for the best as I had a retained placenta -where placenta didn’t birth itself. Super weird as pushed baby out etc and then nothing, no urge to get anything else out lol! So had to go to theatre for them to take it out as midwife tried helping it out by pulling on the cord once cut and snapped it ha ha! To be fair I was just like whatever Trevor as I was too knackered to care what she was doing. So after getting baby out on only gas and air I then had to go to theatre for the placenta to be surgically removed, and at this point was given an epidural! So the consultant did say this time I could be likely to have a retained placenta again so they’d prefer me to have a hospital based birth in case of all that. But I would otherwise consider a home birth as bet it’s much nicer and you have an idea what to expect with the second. Part of me thinks I had a hero complex first time as I was very “nope I’ll do this on gas and air” and then getting an epidural after giving birth I was like ah bloody hell should have just had one to start with! So this time I’ll just have one to start with if I feel so inclined lol! 
    Hello me again! So we’ve put in an offer on the house we saw this morning- we’ve offered a fair bit over asking in the hope that they will take it off the market but it was a launch day and there were loads of people looking round all expressing interest and another couple obviously had the same idea as us as they were heading into the estate agent as we were sat making our offer! So I’ve no doubt it will be another one that very quickly ends up at best and final. Sigh! 
  • Melissa45Melissa45 Posts: 503 New bride
    @MrsNH17 fingers crossed getting in there early helps! 

I’m just at the hospital having my glucose tolerance test. Last time they gave you lucozade which was fine to drink. This time it was a thick sugary drink that was awful!  Next blood test is at 9.30 so looking forward it eating after that!! 

@pf2016 very annoying about the inbound flight. Did you do lots of sightseeing? 

Just dawned on me yesterday that we have so much to sort/organise before the baby gets here 
    @MrsNH17 - Fingers crossed on the house hun x

@Melissa45 - Ahh the fun GTT - not long now hun and you can eat!  I feel for you, fingers crossed all comes back ok

We spent yesterday putting together the swing we got for the baby shower (my mums friend wanted us to check it was all ok), starting organising bits for babies hospital bag as I was organising my storage bits - putting nappies and creams in places I want them - so thought may as well although I have no idea what I am doing and how many babygrows/vests/nappies to pack :D 

We also had our friend over to help do our shelves as he has a better drill than hubs and offered to help out - so finally the room is pretty much finished!

Feel very productive but tired again today - nearly overslept oops!  Luckily only have today and tomorrow at work then three days off, it cant come soon enough haha!! 

Hope everyone else is well xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

@MrsNH17 ohh fingers crossed your offer is accepted!! 

@Melissa45 is the glucose test thing to see about gestational diabetes? At what point do you have that? Hope all is ok!

We've been enjoying a wet and windy break to York with some friends in a fab air b&b, had a lovely time, although I did miss partaking in all the flavoured gins! Think all the food I've eaten has really made my belly pop, sent a picture of me and my husband to his family whatsapp group and his sister was like 'woah you're really big, sure you're not having twins, I think that bump is a new record.'  Gee thanks. I've never been small anyway, I got down to a size 10- 12 for my wedding but was definitely more a 12 after honeymoon ha, certainly not that now!
    I'll upload a bump shot, I'm almost 19 weeks now.

Hope you're all good and surviving storm Dennis!

@MrsH2019 - That is such a cute bump!  People and their comments - honestly *eye roll!* 

I am apparently really big blah blah - well midwife said I am measuring spot on so take that lol!! 
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

You look great MrsH.  Glad you enjoyed York, I'm from near there originally and really love York.  Did you see the flooding around the river?
    Eek good luck on the house MrsN!  Fingers crossed.  We were meant to go and view a detached house with big garden on Saturday but the viewing was cancelled on Friday afternoon as the vendors had accepted a cash offer.
    We spent the weekend sorting too.  Moved my daughter's new single bed into her room and dismantled the cot bed ready to go up in the new nursery.  Need to order carpet, annoyingly the one we want has gone up in price nearly 50% since we last bought some and we want it all to match.  
    I feel so fat at the moment.  Really must stop exhaustion-eating.  I have the midwife on Thursday for my 28 week appointment so hopefully she doesn't tell me off or find sugar in my pee.  I saw my midwife friend last Friday and she was really encouraging a home birth.  She suggested that I ask to go through the notes from my last birth with a senior midwife which should help me understand the risks this time.  And my husband can come along too so hopefully I can get him on board.  The more I think about it, the more I want it.  I heard a horror story about a mutual friend who apparently went to hospital in labour with her second, was turned away for only being 2cm, and then nearly pushed the baby out in the car park.  My worst nightmare.
    Hello everyone just a very quick update re the house - there are ten offers now so it’s going to best and final! Getting really fed up with house hunting round here! The annoying thing is we could still be bidding against ourselves (we offered significantly over to start) but this particular agent seems to send everything to best and final and certainly with ten they will even if we are still highest! So annoying!

will catch up properly tonight xx

@Pf2016 2016 – Ahh productive weekend for you also!  I can’t stop eating either – whoops!  Had no issue at my 28 week and measured spot on too, so fingers crossed you’ll be fine too!

Sounds like home birth is the best option for you, is it just hubby you need to get on board?

@MrsNH17 – Oh how annoying – I will still keep everything crossed for you!

I actually cannot believe I am 30 weeks tomorrow, where is the time going?! Ekk!!

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• Melissa45Melissa45 Posts: 503 New bride
    Test completed and have been out for lunch with a friend. So pleased it’s half term! Unfortunately though my husband has just been diagnosed with mumps   :(  

@MrsH2019 yes it was for gestational diabetes. my ethnicity puts me at a higher risk so I have to have the test. They’ll call tomorrow morning if it’s positive if negative they don’t call. 

@MrsNH17 that’s annoying about the house fingers crossed for you with your best and final offer.  

@Pf2016 I think it’s a great idea to go through the birth notes from last time. The midwife went through mine with me about a month ago and it was reassuring to hear why it went wrong and that the chances would be less this time as it was baby in the wrong position rather than my body stopping the birth! 
    Oh no Melissa, I hope he feels better soon.
    Mrs N, how annoying! Must be a great house then. It's so difficult isn't it. The amazing place in the countryside that we see recently, we offered £20k over as we thought it was under valued anyway. (Then the vendors withdrew.) Our current house also went to best and final offers but only us and one other couple so we didn't have to go too far over to get it.
    Yes MrsGB just my husband to get on board, as long as the midwife agree with me. One thing tho, I won't be telling either of our families. My mum was a nurse and is incredibly opinionated on anything medical. And my MIL is very very conservative and probably thinks home births are for crazy hippies. (As does her son, ha ha...)
    Hello all I can properly catch up now! 

Lovely bump mrsh! I like your dress too! 

Wow mrsGB 30 weeks! On the home stretch now. I’m 29 weeks, just had my 28 week midwife appt. She was saying do you get tired etc as common to be low in iron in second pregnancy and I was like I’m always tired with a toddler and work lol! I was fully expecting some sort of sugar in my wee result this time but all fine- gosh no doubt I’ll carry on eating rubbish! 

So the house is best and final offers by 5pm tomorrow so got to decide what we want to do. It’s winding me up a bit though as I’m now wanting to just nest and get rooms sorted for toddler and baby but if we end up being successful with our bid the seller hasn’t even found anywhere so god knows what the timing of everything would be. There would be no point decorating spare room / moving my toddler but I need somewhere to put all the baby’s stuff so I’d find it really annoying not having something set up for her. So I think I’d make hubby clear out one of the wardrobes in the spare room and get rid of the desk etc so I could put all babies stuff in a wardrobe and put a changing unit/ drawers there instead so I’d feel a bit more sorted. If we aren’t successful though then we’d hear that this week so then I can get that spare room sorted and get everything in order! 

I’m taking my little girl to see peppa pig concert today, she’s mega excited it’s super cute!
    It’s my birthday!!

Off for a night away, last one before bubs arrives! 

Will catch up properly when we are back 

hope everyone’s ok xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015