Due May/June/July 2020

• Pf2016Pf2016 Posts: 821 New bride
    Happy birthday MrsGB!  Have a lovely time!  I hope the sun comes out at least once in all this grey grey weather.
    MrsN what did you do re. the house?  I can totally sympathise with your need to nest...our carpet turned up today for the nursery so I really want my husband to crack on and get it installed ASAP so I can get the room set up (even though I'm not even 28 weeks yet!)  I think my first baby arriving early surprised me and this time I want to be prepped well in advance (and get to sort out all those cute tiny baby clothes again... <3)
  • MrsH2019MrsH2019 Posts: 55 New bride
    @MrsGB2015 hope you had a fabulous birthday!

@MrsNH17 my dress is from primark, £10! I went and picked up a few items in the next size up, not wanting to spend loads on maternity clothes. Also cant actually find any maternity ranges in store to try on, only online which is irritating. Only maternity items I've bought are jeans, which I got cheap from boohoo, but regretting that one now. The dye came out the jeans onto my skin, and before I realised I've left a blue bum print on my bed and on the loo seat 🙈 I've actually got to get a new loo seat now!!

@Melissa45 hope your husband feels better soon!

@Pf2016 York is really lovely, we did a ghost bus tour which was great, but really showed how bad the flooding was. We were fine where we were, we stopped at a lovely air b&b off Gillygate. Bought a few bits in the sale from the JoJo Maman Bebe shop in the city centre! 

Fairly certain I've felt baby nudging and moving, just means I now lie there each night prodding myself trying to feel for movement!!
    Oh lovely.  I've also got lots of clothes just in a bigger size or a draped fit.  Especially leggings, I just picked up some cheap ones in my local Peacocks.  My maternity dungarees have been a godsend though, I live in them.
    Just back from my 28 week appointment, my midwife was really supportive about home birth and has requested an appointment for me to go through my notes from last time, and recommended a home birth ante-natal class.  I shouldn't see her again until 34 weeks but she's booked me an extra appointment to discuss everything I learn from the other two appointments.  She's just so lovely.  Thankfully my pee was all fine and BP and heart rate good too.  Bump is measuring on 25th centile - looks like I'm growing another petite little girl - this amazes me because I am not petite, I am 5'7 and a size 14.  But my MIL is pretty tiny so I guess my babies take after that side of the family - I am not complaining!  (First born still had a head on the 75th centile so didn't make labour any easier!)
  • MrsNH17MrsNH17 Posts: 644 New bride
    Happy belated birthday mrsGB!

so the house..... well
    we offered way over asking (it was about 10%) but it ended up going for more than £100k over asking we found out today, which is simply madness! I think we were the next highest offer (although still substantially less than their offer by the sounds of it) as the agent said it was a tough decision for the vendor as we were more proceedable / an easier buyer and had made a high offer anyway but the other offer was so much higher that they couldn’t ignore it! It is just bloody madness round here at the moment. 

So I think I will now crack on with ordering the fitted wardrobes and getting sorted here as frankly so fed up of houses now! 

I’ve got a cheery cough at the moment which my little one has passed to me. She was really struggling last night so I took her into my bed as she was really upset coughing and spluttering bless her. I’m exhausted now though today!  

Hope everyone doing ok! x
  • MrsGB2015MrsGB2015 Posts: 3,868 New bride
    Hey ladies

Thanks for the birthday love! I had a lovely break apart from feeling/being sick last night!

I was worried I had food poisoning or something but I was only a tiny bit sick, I think it was heartburn/acid reflux as I had been suffering! Didn’t make for a fun night for me though ended up awake until 1:20 😩😩

@MrsH2019 ive found maternity jeggings I got from eBay a godsend! They are new look ones but cheaper. I can’t find the ones I got but they have similar on there so should be ok! 

@Pf2016 glad your appointment went well and the midwife was supportive of the home birth.

@MrsNH17 Sorry about the house! That does sound madness! And the cough too! That’s rubbish! Hope you and little one feel better soon! Xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015
    Miracle Baby due April 2020

"The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow"
  • ljcxxljcxx Posts: 28 New bride
    Happy bday for yesterday @MrsGB2015 hope you had a lovely day, sorry you were sick that’s rubbish! 

Sorry about the house @MrsNH17, 100k over asking is absolutely crazy!!

@Pf2016 so lovely that you will hopefully be able to have the home birth you want and that you are getting extra support! 😊

not much to report here, baby boy has been very active the last few days which is really nice, also found out someone else in the family is expecting a baby in October so I’m very excited that our little one will have a really close in age relative to grow up with ❤️
  • Melissa45Melissa45 Posts: 503 New bride
    Happy belated birthday @MrsGB2015. I feel your pain with the reflux. I’ve been sick a couple of times this week due to it. It’s always annoying when it’s an occasion though. @MrsNH17 thats ridiculous that it went 100k over asking! I have a wedding in a couple of weeks and nothing to wear! I’m getting so stressed about it. Maternity dresses look ridiculous on me at the moment as most aren’t petite and I’m so short but equally I need something comfortable as I’m likely to bloat during the day! I’m Really struggling as I really want to feel nice!
    @ljcxx - thanks Hun birthday was lovely but not the sickness lol!!

Aww that’s lovely that you’ll have someone to go through this with and a playmate for baby! My sister in law is also pregnant, so bubs will have a cousin close in age, which is lovely!!

@Melissa45 Ergh it’s horrid isn’t it! Although at first I thought I had food poisoning! So dramatic lol! As I wasn’t that sick and it didn’t continue but heartburn did I quickly realised it must be that instead!

I straight away started worrying about bubs though, so crazy as I know all should be well in there but anything different gets me worrying! Typically movements weren’t as strong yesterday either so that didn’t help but I did feel baby so didn’t panic too much! Hoping he or she has a good old move around today but so far only light movements, I’m sure baby just likes to worry me!! Little pickle!

hope everyone’s well xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Hello everyone has everyone had a good weekend? 

So after we didn’t get the house I’ve ordered the fitted wardrobes for the spare room but they can’t fit them until 20 April- which is only two weeks before I’m due! V annoying. It will all be decorated and sorted by end of March I think so I might move my little girl in there then with the wardrobes to follow as they will only
    take a couple of days to fit and at least she will have had a few weeks getting used to the room that way. Feel like otherwise it’s too near to baby coming and she might feel kicked out! 

I finish work 6 weeks tomorrow hooray! 
  • DandelionBlueDandelionBlue Posts: 1,448 New bride
    MrsNH I am so sorry you didn't get the house. Sounds so frustrating. But it's probably good you didn't overpay for it.
    I think it's a good idea to move your daughter into her new room a little earlier. Will it only take them one day to build the fitted wardrobes?

Happy belated birthday MrsGB. I have been having a lot of reflux too. Gaviscon is my favourite friend. A glass of milk also helps.
    I find that baby's movement still vary day to day. Eventhough it's supposed to be more regular at this point. They do like to worry ys don't they? But as long as I feel him a few times throughout the day, I try to stay calm.

Melissa dors it need to be a dress? Could you wear a lovely blouse? I don't know just throwing alternatives out there. Lol

How nice that your baby has been quite active ljcxx. I always enjoy days like that. And lovely that baby will have a little friend 

Pf2016 A small baby is a goddend I would imagine. Ha! 
    Nice that you will probably get to have a homebirth. It is something I did consider. But my husband doesn't like the thought of the mess. And I think I will feel a bit safer in the hospital. What with it being my first. 

MrsH I found it really frustrating too that most maternity wear is online these days. Got my jeans from asda. And ended up getting most of my tops in a maternity shop in Germany at Christmas. Although I also just bought some stretchy / oversized jumpers in Next.

We had our first NCT class last Thursday. It was pretty good. Quite a mix of people. So e are very shy. Our teacher is nice. She us very passionate about getting the men involved and avoiding male post natal depression. The men's main concern at this point seems to be the cost of parking at the hospital. Lol

We finally got the nursery stripped and plastered this weekend. The wall was a mess with several layers of wallpaper in certain locations and just patches of paint in others. There were also holes in certain parts of the wall. I think this is the first time the room was replastered since the house was built. The original wooden bead were still in the corners.
    So far we are pretty happy with the result. Need to wait and see how it takes paint though before we know how good the job really was. The lads left quite a mess though. They didn't protect the carpet on our hallway and stair and covered our bathroom floor in plaster dust. Took me a while to clean up.
    Now we need to paint the room. My mother in law said she would do this for us because my husband actually once got fired from a job because his paintjob was so bad lol and I can't do it since the room is really tall. But the earliest she can come is some time in march. And then we can finally go buy the furniture and sort out the nursery. I feel like we are leaving things super late.

MrsN, sorry about the house - but at least you lost it in the best way possible.  eg. you were the highest sensible bidder, and lost out by someone bidding way more than you.  Much better than losing out by a couple of grand.  Great job ordering the wardrobes, fingers crossed you can get your daughter moved in smoothly and everything is sorted by the time baby arrives.  Have you stopped looking now?

Dandelion, great work getting the plasterer in!  That room looks so quirky, it's really cute.  Will you put a chair by the window? You must be itching to get set up in there.  Shame your husband is so rubbish at painting!

That's lovely LJC that your baby will have a companion growing up.  My daughter loves her cousins so much, I think she still annoys them (boys 2 years older) but it's getting better now and they want to play with her too.

Well we got our spare room sorted this weekend to become a nursery - screwing down all the loose floorboards, laying the underlay and carpet.  I helped a bit but bending down is so uncomfortable now so I mainly supervised!  It does look really nice now.  We need to rebuild the cot and sort through the mountain of baby clothes.  I have a chest of drawers but it's nowhere near big enough for all the clothes we have so I need to focus on newborn and 0-3 and get it all put away in the drawers.  We got our daybed back in there too so I can escape when the snoring is keeping me away in my own room!

Funnily enough I realised baby has gone transverse now - she is obviously stretching her legs and I am getting kicks on one side and punches or head butts on the other.  I guess she's clearing my anterior placenta when she does that as I can feel her lots more now.  My belly was jiggling back and forth in bed last night.  So that will probably be why my bump is measuring small...we will see what happens if/when she goes head down in a few weeks.

I am so sick of this rain.  My phone popped up with a notification of photos from 1 year ago - a really sunny day when I went down to the beach with my daughter after nursery.  We are so far away from that now.  Will the sun ever shine again?!

Hey ladies,

Just catching up, first day back at work yesterday was a bit manic but its quiet today – typical!!

@MrsNH17 – Sounds like a good plan re: wardrobes and moving your little girl in but annoying they cannot do it until 20th April!!

@DandelionBlue – The reflux is awful isn’t it!  I am going to ask my midwife to give me Gaviscon on prescription as its not cheap – if not I spoke to the pharmacist who said there is one they can give that’s called peptac or peptec and it says on the bottle its safe for pregnancy – it’s a much bigger bottle and she said it was about £2-£3 so ill try that.

Bit naughty of the guys to not protect your carpet etc and get stuff everywhere but glad the room is coming along for you.

@Pf2016 – That’s good regarding the room – nice when things start coming along isn’t it! 

Not much to report from my end – 31 weeks today.  Baby has constantly moved since my fright the other day, which is lovely just hope he or she carries on and doesn’t scare me again!! 

I have a physio appointment tomorrow regarding my pelvic pain but I think its like a group thing as she said it was an hour then they talk to me individually after or something?  Not really sure what to expect and its really annoying as its at 11:15 – going to come into work, pop out to it then come back but its just an agg really lets hope they give me helpful tips to make it worthwhile!!

Ive also got midwife this week but not until Friday, so will be interesting to see how I am measuring now as like always I am still getting the oh god look at your bump comments *eye roll*

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

MrsGB I had a physio appointment for my sciatica this morning.  I felt like a bit of a fraud because it's loads better now but she said it was definitely worth coming, and she showed me lots of useful stretches that I have to do twice a day... and she stressed the importance of pelvic floor exercise too.  Apparently we should be focusing the pelvic floor pull from our, ahem, bum holes, not our vaginas.  She showed me a model of the pelvis which shows how extensive the pelvic floor is!  
    @Pf2016 - Ahh thats good that she showed you useful stretches.  My pain hasnt been as bad lately but it does depend where i sit and for how long, sometimes it is an others not so do feel a bit of a fraud but if I can get some useful tips thats always good!

Oh god, the pelvic floor exercise... I am still failing miserably on it - Massive fail over here oops!!
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Morning ladies,

I feel very ropey today - dont really feel "ill" but dont feel right as crazy as that sounds lol!

I had my physio yesterday, not quite what I was expecting it was more like a class sitting watching a powerpoint and the physio was talking about it all to us.  I then did see a physio 1 on 1 but it was literally her going through my questionnaire and made me stand whilst she had a feel of my pelvic area, then laid on the bed lifting legs etc.

Got some tips out of it but was a bit like oh ok is this it sort of thing lol!!  They did say, if I am still struggling to book a 1 on 1 appointment and they can look into things more for me.

For now, they've said they think I could do with a support belt but I had literally just ordered a support band.  She told me to try the band as I've ordered it and the tips from the class but if things dont improve to go back to them and they will measure me for a belt, they are only £10 so will do that if things dont get better.

Work is looking quiet for me today, which is not helping the way I feel as the day will dragggg - ergh!!  Almost the weekend.

Hope everyone else is doing ok xxx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Sorry your physio appointment was a bit rubbish MRsGB.  Did she give you any exercises?  My exeercises are 4 point kneeling and dipping my pelvis up and down 10 times, 1 minute of wagging my bum like a dog (!), keeping pelvis still and walking hands round to the right then the left 10 times, and sitting on a chair with one foot up on the opposite knee to stretch the buttocks.  Oh, and pelvic floor 3 times a day...
    I am also a bit ill, I have a nasty cough (no temperature though so I don't think I have corona!)  It's so tickly at night and I'm constantly paranoid I'll wake up my daughter by coughing.  Not so bothered about waking my husband up, revenge is sweet (he snores.)
    I am getting some bits finished then might try to get a nap in this afternoon, might try to make this a weekly thing in the run up to maternity leave, especially as my daughter came in to our bed early this morning, was told to lie there quietly, instead she loudly counted "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,910....BLAST OFF!" over and over again... (it's Space theme at nursery this term.)  :#
    MrsGB and pf2016 I’m also very ropey at the moment! I’ve got a really bad cough (like having full on coughing fits - surprises I haven’t coughed the baby out in one of them) and can now barely speak as my voice is super hoarse! Pretty fed up as gets especially bad when I’m lying down at night. 
    Baby is also being a lot quieter movement wise she probably feels like she is being evicted during a coughing fit! My stomach muscles are killing too from all the coughing.

Im working from home and very tempted to email and say I’m taking rest of afternoon of sick as really feel like I need to to bed.

i have GOT to do my pelvic floors as done none but all this coughing is making me feel like I need to strengthen things up! I must must must must get on and do them! In fact when I finish typing I shall do them! 

I’m having a slight stress that I wish I was finishing work earlier to have more time in case I’m early as feel like I’ve not actually got much time on my own to do jobs when I finish as we’ve got my stepdaughters extra over Easter, so I worked out I’ve only got 10 days of “me time” where I won’t have kids to get all my jobs sorted (some of that is when wardrobes being fitted). Think I’ll try get on with some washing and sorting in the upcoming weeks to try make a bit of headway in it though I’ve nowhere to put it at moment!

@Pf2016 – The first lady that talked to us demonstrated a stretch, a thigh stretch, chair with one foot up one and tips for turning over in bed that will help but that’s all really.

Ahh bless your daughter, nice to see shes been listening but not so great early in the morning!!

@MrsNH17 – Aww bless sorry you’re not good either – coughing fits are the worst!!

On the subject of pelvic floor, they mentioned this yesterday, must get on with that not sure if I am doing it right though? Haha!!

I am currently trying to work out if we have everything or if there’s things I need to buy prior to baby but just having a complete mind blank!!  Great start lol!

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Haha it's funny how some action on the Due thread before yours kicks you up the bum! MrsN I have such a feeling this baby will surprise us (like my first) and nesting has totally kicked in. I've sorted and washed all the tiny baby and newborn clothes, we have loads and baby might not even need them. Need to finish washing 0-3 and put some of that away then the rest will have to go back in boxes under the bed until we can get rid of the small stuff. I think I'd rather be prepped well in advance than rushing last minute when I expect I'll be too fat and tired to want to do anything. Hope both your illnesses improve soon, I'm in bed now and should be able to stay put for a couple of hours as long as the phone doesn't ring... Sounds like you need to do the same MrsN.
    Also on pelvic floor... coughing fits really do make you aware of how weak it is now! Keep having to dash to the loo when I feel a cough coming just in case  :#
    Morning ladies,

Its Friday!! Woo!!

I have an embarrassing issue.... I have what I think is a skin tag... down there... I am sure a DR saw it before and said thats what it was but it appears to be slightly bigger.

I have now managed to freak myself out that its not a skin tag and I have been ignoring something for the last few years and should have got it checked out.

I spent ages googling pictures last night and got myself into a complete turmoil over it.  I have read that pregnancy can cause them to grow, so assuming that it is still a skin tag but erghh!!

Do you think the midwife would be able to advise if this is true and ease my concerns about it?  I have an appointment this afternoon, so really hoping so otherwise I will stress until I can see a DR :( 
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

I would mention it to your midwife MrsGB, she might be able to take a look though she might just tell you to see a GP. Try not to worry tho, if you were told it's a skin tag before then almost certainly that's what it is. Pregnancy does all sorts of weird things to our bodies. I've got a couple of skin tags in my armpit which are brown like moles, doc wasn't at all concerned when I showed her a few years ago.
    @Pf2016 - Thanks hun.  I am pretty sure the DR has seen it before and said that but now I am worrying thinking well did they... was it that they meant or is there something else... such a worrier!

It hasnt bothered me until I felt it whilst shaving last night, nearly caught it, thats also a worry! I am guessing she will tell me to see the DR but hopefully she will know if it is a skin tag or not at least that would ease my mind slightly.

I have just become paranoid its something bad and I will pass something to baby!!

I am pretty sure its been there for a while as a say though, so it would have been present throughout my IVF treatment and if no one picked up on it then, surely it must be ok?!  That's what I keep telling myself anyway!
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• ljcxxljcxx Posts: 28 New bride
    @MrsGB2015 I had a couple of skin tags previously which seem to have got a bit bigger, and I’ve had a few new ones come up on my stomach which I just put down to being a weird pregnancy thing! Hopefully midwife will be able to put your mind at ease x
    @ljcxx- Thanks hun, I am pretty sure it is one but my crazy pregnancy brain has gone wild lol!! xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Midwife went well, baby’s heartbeat nice and strong as always 🥰

I asked about this skin tag and she said from what I’m saying she isn’t concerned but if it’s bothering me see the dr.

I rang the dr and can’t get an appointment until 26th March!! Crazy!! I’ve taken that but will attempt to get an on the day one earlier as can book those via an app! X
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• MrsPope2018MrsPope2018 Posts: 1,349 New bride
    @MrsGB2015 I developed loads of new skin tags while I was pregnant and when I googled it did say it was a pregnancy thing. They seem to have disappeared since giving birth if that's possible 😂 hopefully the doctor can put your mind at rest though when you see them. 
  • MrsH2019MrsH2019 Posts: 55 New bride
    Thanks for your tip regarding pelvic floor exercises @Pf2016 I need to get on it!

On tuesday at school one of the children commented it looked like I had eaten a lot of pancakes  :D  I had my 20 week scan on the Wednesday so I told the kids the doctor took a picture my tummy so we could count the pancakes. When I showed them they were so excited it was a baby, some of them keep stroking my belly now bless. My husband was concerned they might get the wrong end of the stick and think I'd eaten the baby ha. Now the children and parents all know at school I can finally stop worrying about finding out all the baggy clothes.

The scan was lovely, we confirmed the gender but keeping it a secret, no one knows we found out 🙈 hard not to slip up though.

Cant believe I'm half way 💕
    @MrsPope2018 - thanks Hun! Hopefully all is fine but I’m deffo going to go for peace of mind!

@MrsH2019 - that’s really cute about the kids in your class 😍

what a lovely scan picture! Can’t believe you are managing to keep the sex to yourself and even more so you’re not letting slip to us!! 😱🤣

Although, are the pink hearts a hint? 😉
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015