Forum home You & Your Baby

Due May/June/July 2020

1293031323335»

• SarahC2016SarahC2016 Posts: 416 New bride
    Mrs GB I've followed your journey after being in the TTC boards with you and I just wanted to say a huge congratulations! Your son is beautiful and I wish you a life time of happiness and adventures as a family of 3 xxx 
  • MrsGB2015MrsGB2015 Posts: 3,891 New bride
    @SarahC2016 Thank you lovely! It all seems so surreal still but we are so happy he’s finally here xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015
    Miracle Baby due April 2020

"The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow"
  • Rach371Rach371 Posts: 1,135 New bride
    @MrsGB2015 I've been lurking and following your story for a while now and I wanted to log in and say congratulations, I know how long you waited for this to happen and I'm over the moon for you. Wishing you all the best for the future xx

@Rach371 thank you lovely, so kind xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• DiaryDiary Posts: 368 New bride
    @MrsGB2015 - absolutely delighted for you! He’s perfect and I’m so pleased he’s here safely. Enjoy all the wonderful cuddles - they grow up so quickly xx
    @OmRum - thanks lovely xx

@Diary thank you Hun! Xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• MrsE2016MrsE2016 Posts: 1,210 New bride
    @MrsGB2015 I’ve been popping on to see how you’ve been doing and I’m absolutely thrilled your little boy is in your arms now. I’ve followed your journey and I’m so thrilled for you both. Congratulations xxxx
    @MrsE2016 thank you lovely! It still feels like a dream sometimes! I can’t believe after all we’ve been through that he is safely here xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• NikkiMNikkiM Posts: 1,654 New bride
    @MrsGB2015 Congratulations on the birth of beautiful Oscar. I’m so pleased you got your happy ending. Enjoy every moment.😊
    @NikkiM thank you lovely - so kind xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• MrsTwizbeMrsTwizbe Posts: 3,355 New bride
    @MrsGB2015 I’ve not been on here in ages but popped back to see if you’d had your baby.

im so pleased to see that he’s here safe and sound. Huge congratulations to you both xx
    @MrsTwizbe - thank you Hun! It still feels crazy that he is here and mine! Love him so much I could burst! Xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• MrsNH17MrsNH17 Posts: 650 New bride
    Hi everyone! We moved on to Facebook but just thought I’d pop it on here that baby Olivia arrived on Sunday at a mighty 8lb 15oz. She’s the spitting image of her big sis (who is 2.5 now) as a baby 💕💕
  • MrsPope2018MrsPope2018 Posts: 1,383 New bride
    Congratulations 💜 and love the name 😉 our little olivia is 3months now! Time has flown. Hope all went well with the labour and delivery x
  • MrsPB2019MrsPB2019 Posts: 832 New bride
    Congratulations @MrsNH17
  • OmRumOmRum Posts: 947 New bride
    Hello, just popping in to see how you're all getting on? So many of us were in TTC together, I was wondering if you'd had your babies yet? My little Mathilda is 11 weeks old now, how time flies! X
    Hey @OmRum how are you finding being a mummy? 

Oscar is 11 weeks and 2 days now, I can’t believe how quickly time is going! 

He’s doing well and sleeping pretty good through the night, fingers crossed he stays a good sleeper lol! 

How’s Mathilda getting on? X
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• Pf2016Pf2016 Posts: 831 New bride
    Hi, I've not been on for ages! Having 2 is taking up all my time. Baby Margot was born on May 23rd weighing 7lb. She is a very sweet baby. My labour was not fun tho because she was back to back and didn't turn so my home birth resulted in an ambulance transfer at 3am. Got her out naturally in the hospital though thankfully. Hope everyone is doing ok! I'm just going to check in on the other threads and see how everyone is getting on.
  • DandelionBlueDandelionBlue Posts: 1,455 New bride
    Hi ladies.
    I am so sorry it's been a really long time since I popped on to here.

My son Finn Carter was born on the 18th May at 11.45am and is now 6 weeks old. He weighed 9lb2 and his head was in the 99th percentile.
    We had a very rough start and so it has taken me a while to recover mentally.

My labour started on the 16th of May. It all started fairly normal with period like cramps. I was very excited. I dent my husband up to bed at 9pm to sleep.
    Toward midnight the contractions changed. Several contractions would cluster together with no gap in between. So they lasted anywhere between two to five minutes. Something I wasn't prepared for. I shouted for my husband who called the hospital. They were completely full and told us we would have to go to a hospital an hour away or wait. I decided to continue labouring in complete agony at home.
    Finally we were allowed into the hospital in the morning. I was assessed and was only dilated to 2cm but with a very thin cervix. My water hadn't broken. They offered me pitocin and I got some sleep. But when I got reassessed and hadn't progressed we were sent home. We returned again later that afternoon but to my dismay, I had barely progressed so I had to return home again. In total I was in and out of hospital 3 times. 
    Whilst at home I got out of bed and we both heard lots of liquid drip on to the floor. It was tinged pink. So my husband again called the hospital. They said it could have been my waters breaking but were reluctant for me to come back in again. They were convinced I would not gave progressed enough. So they told my husband he wasn't allowed to take me in on the wheelchair and that I was to walk the entire corridor of both floors to the ward.
    I nearly decided not to go but did in the end. It was the longest walk of my life and I am sure it must have taken us at least 30 minutes. They assessed me once again and I was really hoping I would be 4cms this time. I was 9.5cm!!
    So it was go time. I was wheeled to the labour ward and asked for an epidural. My husband double checked I didn't want to try the pool as was originally my intention. But I simply couldn't cope another second with the pain. Throughout labour I could barely speak and my whole body shook. 
    After being stabbed several times (they couldn't find my veins), the epidural, etc were finally in. The epidural worked but mostly on my left side. So I was also using gas and air. I laboured for 2 hours fully dilated and pushed for an hour. But baby boy wasn't budging. He was back to back and his head was stuck.
    So I was facing forceps or a c-section. Because he was still so high up, I ended up with the later. And because the epidural wasn't working properly, I was administered with a spinal block. During the operation I lost almost 2 litres of blood. My husband is terrified of needles and he had to witness it all. But he got to hold our son first, since I insisted someone immediately do skin to skin.
    After the operation both me and my son were diagnosed with an infection. Baby boy was later diagnosed with a lung infection. We ended up staying a week in hospital. My husband was allowed to stay for a few hours after birth and then didn't get to see us for the week. My son had a canula for antibiotics, his blood was taken numerous times, he had to have an xray and a lumbar puncture.

The day we both got to go home was the best in my life.

We have now all recovered and baby boy is getting bigger by the day. He now weighs 11lbs2

Congratulations to you both!!

Dandelion so sorry you had such a tough labour/birth and start to motherhood but glad to hear your both doing well now. Finn is absolutely gorgeous. Made up for you! Xx
    Thank you MrsPope.
    I am working on forgetting things. And having my son to gaze at helps.

How are you and your LO doing?
    I can't even imagine how tough it all was, have you had much support from health visitor/GP etc or has it been difficult with the pandemic? 

We are good thanks, she will be 5 months on the 11th, no idea where that time has gone!! And apart from not giving me ae much sleep as I'd like 🤣 she is a dream. X
    Good to hear from you all. It's good to know your babies were all safely born. Sorry you had a traumatic labour, Dandelion. Mine was similar insofar as my contractions clustered for several days so I was in and out of the hospital, and then I wasn't able to push her out as I got cramps in my legs every time I pushed. I had an assisted delivery in the end as her heart rate was erratic and they needed to get her out. For the first few weeks I think I had some form of PTSD as I got upset and felt sick whenever anything happened to remind me of it all. I couldn't even tell people what happened easily. But three months later I'm feeling much better and beginning to forget it, thank God, so hopefully you'll start finding it easier soon too.

Lovely photos, he's very cute!
    @MrsPope2018 The midwives / health visitor / gp have been as supportive as they can. But most things are remote / by phone call.

5 months!! I can't believe it. They grow so fast. Finn has already changed so much.

@OmRum I am so sorry you had to go through that. Thanks for sharing though. It makes me feel a bit better that I am not the only one who had weird clustered contractions for several days. No one warns you that this can happen. Amazing that you managed a vaginal birth, you must gave been absolutely exhausted at that point. No wonder you were getting cramps in your legs.
    I do think I have some sort of PTSD myself. I struggle to think about what happened. I get very upset about it. And at the moment I am terrified if falling pregnant again. What doesn't help is that I would be classed as a high risk pregnancy (with a bigger chance if losing the baby) because I fully dilated and then had a section.
    I think when I am ready I will take the offer from the NHS to talk to someone about what happened 
    I didn't think I could do it, to be honest! I feel like such a failure for not managing to push her out, even though I know I shouldn't. I'm so glad not to have needed a c section though! I only stayed in three days although they wanted me to stay longer - I just found the hospital so upsetting that I insisted on being discharged. I ended up back in with a high blood pressure, but I found the second stay much easier, fortunately. 

Definitely a good idea to speak to someone if it's making you fearful of things. Again, I was also scared of the idea of having to do it all again, but I'm now reverting back to the idea of having another, just not for a few years! Hopefully you'll feel more comfortable with the idea as time passes.