Due May/June/July 2020

• Thank you Rach for popping by to reassure me. I vaguely remembered that you had at least one scary bleed. Did they ever figure out what caused it?
    I did have quite a lot of stress yesterday. And was looking after my husband who had a surgery on his head. I also carried heavy bags of shopping home just before started bleeding. So maybe that caused it. The lady at the scan thinks it could have been caused by pushing to hard due to my constipation.
    I will try to take it easy this weekend and onwards.
    And how lively to hear about your wee daughter happily snoring away!! ❤😍🥰
  • Rach371Rach371 Posts: 1,120 New bride
    I had a haematoma which can develop when the placenta forms. It didn't cause any problems during my pregnancy other than bleeding every now and again. It was scary but I got used to it. There wasn't any reason it formed, apparently it was just one it those things x
  • God. It's not something you want to have to grow used to that. It must have been very scary at the time. But now you have a healthy beautiful baby daughter xx
    I'm so relieved for you, hearing a heartbeat is such a big milestone. Have you got any more early scans booked? I ended up having three before my 12 week scan. Haha my daughter is lovely although she has just done a poo all up her back which wasn't so great! 
  • The EPAU has booked me in for a scan next week because of the bleed. I am considering keeping the scan appointment because it will allow us to hopefully see progress in baby's growth.  At the same time it means I will need to take an hour or so off work on Thursday morning. And with having taking two sick days yesterday and thursday, I am worried to do so.
    Ah! Yes I have heard of poo explosions lol
  • MrsNH17MrsNH17 Posts: 606 New bride
    Dandelion that’s great news! So pleased for you. I bet you are so relieved. Try and enjoy it now and not worry too much. 

I also had my booking in appointment yesterday mrsGB. My midwife was really late (30 mins!) then had forgotten her laptop and had to get a lift to go get it so we ended up running behind by an hour! Hard explaining to work why I was so much later (given first one is a long appointment anyway!). 

Also had my early scan today. Dates measuring spot on so we told parents. Heard good strong heartbeat too though my little girl was a bit freaked out by it so I asked the sonographer to turn the sound off in the end! 

• Just thread hopping to say I'm so relieved and happy for you @DandelionBlue 💕 Enjoy your weekend xxx 
  • Thank you MrsNH and MrsCarnegie. I am definitely relieved. And I will do my best to just relax and enjoy now.
    Still spotting at the moment but hope it stops completely soon.

That is kind off annoying MrsCarnegie. That your midwife was late and forgot her laptop. What did you tell your work? Where did they think you were?
    That is quite close between your first appointment and first scan. I thought there was quite a wait in between. How far along are you again?
    Isn't it amazing to hear baby's heartbeat? I am glad it all went well.
    Dandelion I would keep the appointment. You can explain sick days, you need more peace of mind. I ended up telling the partner at my firm when I was 6 weeks as I knew I needed time for appointments. I also knew that if the worse thing happened that I'd need time to recover and I'd have had to tell him then anyway. He was very understanding and basically told me to do what I needed to. Also most workplaces have to give you paid time off for maternity appointments. We don't tell people before we're 12 weeks to avoid having to explain if something goes wrong. I'd seriously consider telling your boss what's going on as you'll need their support x
  • Thank you Rach. Yes I think I will keep the appointment with the EPAU. Maybe they will be able to figure out what is causing the spotting. And hopefully it will help reassure me more as you said.
    I am not sure I can tell my work though as much as I would like to / might need their support. I only started this new job mid-August and am in my probation period. I am worried if I tell them too soon, that they will find a reason to let me go.
    Although you make some very good points as to why it would be good to tell them. I am impressed how supportive the partner at your firm was!
  • How are you ladies doing?

I’m really trying not to get ahead of myself, but I am feeling a little wave of excitement. Tomorrow I’m 5 weeks, if I make it to next Monday that’s the furthest I’ve ever made it. 

I’m feeling lots of tightness across my stomach and bloating every day. I think my husband is feeling cautiously positive, he has said a few little things that are cute. He wondered if we should give fireworks night a miss as we’d be 8 weeks by then and he doesn’t want me getting too cold. 
  • MrsGB2015MrsGB2015 Posts: 3,722 New bride
    Morning ladies,

I am really struggling with constipation, sorry tmi lol! I feel so bloated but just can’t go! Stocked right up on products that are high in fibre in the hope it helps!

I keep having worries that things aren’t ok, as my boobs aren’t really different or sore but then I’ll get so tired and need a nap, which is definitely not like me and it reassures me again 🙄

Roll on the 12 week scan! 

@DandelionBlue - I understand your worries about telling your work too soon but I do think it will help you not to be so worried and stressed about what you will do or say for these early appointments if just your boss knew? I don’t think they can just let you go because your pregnant, isn’t there some policy that prevents this or am I remembering incorrectly?! 

@Hannah343 That’s sweet of your husband to be worrying about you, mine has been extra cautious with me too, it’s lovely hey! 

Hope everyone’s having a good weekend xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015
    Miracle Baby due April 2020

"The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow"
  • MrsMannionMrsMannion Posts: 1,305 New bride
    Mrs gb, I suffered with Constipation really bad in the early days and the pharmacy gave me lactulose and it really helped, iv not used it since cuz uts not been as bad x
    @MrsMannion thanks lovely, if things don’t improve I’ll have to see if I can get some. I’ve had high in fibre cereals this morning, so hopefully that will be a start 🤞🏼 Xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• Sorry about the constipation MrsGB. I have had since before I got a BFP. So I can emphasize. That's what the lady at the scan yesterday thinks might have irritated my cervix and caused the spotting. I have no advice on how to improve it. I plan to go talk to a pharmacist as MrsMannion kindly suggested. And eat natural fixes such as prunes (?) Although I heard they can cause cramping.

I've not had many symptoms. Which was why I was even more worried about the bleeding. But so far everything seems to be ok according to the scan. I am sure the same applies to you.

I don't think my work would be able to let me go because I am pregnant. But they could find another reason to do so. And that is why I am not sure about telling them. When is everyone else planning to tell their work?

Hannah I imagine it must be very difficult for you to get excited with what happened in the past. I have not gone through a miscarriage so far and am an anxious ball of nerves. But it is good to hear you are starting to feel excited. And one week is not that long to go 🤞🤞🤞
    Tightness and bloating all sounds positives. 
    And how sweet is your husband.
    Mine is certainly not wrapping me in cotton. But he has looked after me the last few days of spotting. And he was being a bit more protective yesterday after seeing his baby. Lol

We took it easy yesterday but went to the beach. I did get more brown spotting after walking though than I had on Friday. Hoping it was just the blood that got stuck inside when I was lying down making it's way out. But I had some pretty painful backache and pain in my legs, especially in the evening. 
    So spending today back on the couch watching the cycling championships. 

Is anyone else super thirsty all the time?

@DandelionBlue Ergh it’s horrible isn’t it! Upping my fibre intake seems to be helping, so sticking with that for now.

I think if you’re good at the role and there isn’t any real cause for concern then I wouldn’t worry as if they suddenly let you go, it could be perceived to be due to the pregnancy and cause them more issues if that makes sense? 

I am so, so tired so with you on the resting side! I really need to get the energy to shower and wash my hair but so far the sofa is winning the battle 🤣
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Evening ladies,

Just popping by with a quick update, I got a text from my dr today stating my recent bloods indicate that I’m slightly anaemic. 

Theyve prescribed me iron supplements but they could make my constipation worse! Joys! 🤣

Its all fun and games over here!

Hope everyone’s well xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• Pf2016Pf2016 Posts: 755 New bride
    On the constipation front, try linseed.  I had constipation in my last pregnancy and I sprinkled linseed over my cereal every day and that really helped resolve it.

My husband keeps forgetting I am pregnant and gets grumpy when I need to lie on the sofa!  On Sunday I had a fairly big bleed, but not like proper blood, more watery but still bright red.  I lay on the sofa for the rest of the afternoon and evening and he was visibly annoyed!  I've got an early scan booked at the EPU tomorrow - my GP didn't seem overly concerned and neither did the EPU nurse I spoke to, but I'm glad they've booked me in anyway.  No spotting since but better safe than sorry, and I'm excited to finally find out if this pregnancy is definitely a thing, and check there's only one in there!
    @Pf2016 thanks hun, I will bear that in mind if things don’t improve!

Oh lovely! I hope all is well, it’s good that you’ve not had anymore but glad you’ve got the scan. Keep us updated!

oh and tell your hubby that you need your rest and it’s not just you wanting to lay around! It’s all I do most days 🤣
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Thanks MrsGB.  I've also started feeling sick which is really annoying because I didn't get morning sickness last time.  I was awake feeling queasy in the night and I'm feeling sick again now  :#  
    @Pf2016 oh don’t I’m with you there! Today is not a good day! I’ve gagged so many times over pretty much nothing! Joys!

how many weeks are you again? Xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

7 today.  My stomach is turning at anything faintly whiffy, opening the fridge is a no no, and all I want for lunch is crisps!
    Dandelion, did you decide about taking the EPU scan on Thursday or not?
    @Pf2016 - Ohh yes I am with you on that too - I wanted chips so i had some for lunch lol!!

I have just booked a private scan for Saturday, I cant help feel anxious and I am hoping it puts my mind at rest.  I am too anxious/impatient to wait the 2 weeks for the 12 week scan  :#
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Oh god now I want chips.  
    @Pf2016 haha oh sorry lovely!  :#
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• MrsNH17MrsNH17 Posts: 606 New bride
    edited October 2019
    Hello everyone just catching up. Sorry to hear about the bleeding @Pf2016 - hope you are taking it easy. 

I havent got much to report, waiting for my 12 week scan date to come through and that’s about it. I’m going out for a Michelin starred meal tonight, obviously they are usual mega weird fancy concoctions aren’t they (this is a tasting menu so you don’t get to choose!) so I hope they actually pay attention that I specified I was pregnant so couldn’t eat soft/blue cheese, rare meats etc otherwise that will ruin it! (It’s for my birthday and we booked ages ago as long waiting list before I found out I was pregnant. Obviously don’t think being pregnant is the ideal time to try it as you can’t do the wine flight etc and maybe I’ll have to have different to normal but we didn’t want to cancel). 

Im craving stodgy too- things like cheese toastier, crisps etc. I was like this last pregnancy too but I was also about ten pounds lighter last time I got pregnant in the first place so feel a bit more guilty this time around! 
  • Sorry ladies. My other fish isn't doing well  i think we might lose him too. That's why I didn't pop in for a while.

Pf2016 I am sorry about the bleed / spotting. I know just too well how that makes you feel. I hope everything goes well at the scan tomorrow. And definitely allow yourself to rest. My husband has been quite good about it.

MrsNH I hope you were able to enjoy your michelin starred tasting meal! I am enjoying stodge as well. But trying to get veggies in.

MrsGB Hope you have a nice scan this saturday. I would really want to have a scan every week. Or even twice a week, to reassure myself

I have decided to go to the scan on Thursday. Told my work I needed to accompany my husband to the hospital. Which is actually sort of true. His wound isn't healing.
    Feeling very nervous about it all.

Still not really felling sick. Except yesterday when I didn't have breakfast because I was looking after my fish. My boobs had started to hurt on the weekend but that has stopped again.
    I am still getting the odd pink or brown when I wipe which upsets me. And two nights this week my back was killing me.
    Morning ladies,

@MrsNH17 - I hope you managed to enjoy your meal - stodge is definitely my fave too!!

@DandelionBlue - Ohh no, I hope the fish pulls through hun.  I am glad you're still going Thursday for that extra reassurance,  you're right though if i didnt have to pay each time, I would love scans every week haha!!  I am hoping all is well on Saturday.

After my morning of throwing up for the first time, I am thinking it should be but there is always that niggle xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

All good at my scan! Just one, sooooo relieved, measuring exactly 7 weeks. The lady could see an area of my womb where the blood is coming from but said it's nowhere near baby and nothing to worry about. Saw and heard the heartbeat too. 🥰
    @Pf2016 - Yay glad all went well lovely and a relief that the blood is nowhere near baby xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015