Due May/June/July 2020

• MrsGB2015MrsGB2015 Posts: 3,809 New bride
    @MrsNH17 - Oh welcome back to this er...lovely weather! haha!!  Glad you had a nice time and your little girl enjoyed it :)

Ahh thats annoying about having to wait until your nearly 14 weeks, its a pain when its like that!! xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015
    Miracle Baby due April 2020

"The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow"
  • Pf2016 How did your booking appointment go? How exciting that we have our scans close to each other. I believe our last period was around the same day? But I am pretty sure you are a little further ahead than me.
    When I was a kid growing up in Germany they used to have chicken pox parties. 

Haha MrsGB so funny that baby was just chillaxing in there with it's legs crossed lol. I believe their characters already start to form at that point.
    Looking at the head shape and theories around it I would also say a little boy. But who knows could be both. Obviously all that matters is that bub is healthy. It's at the 20 week scan that we find out the gender right?

MrsNH Your daughter is so lucky that her parents are taking her travelling. Nice to hear she could really enjoy it this time! We are hoping to travel with our little one too.
    Annoying that you are having your dating scan on the later side. But at least it's not that much longer. Although at this stage every week drags.

Was anyone else told not to fill out their maternity exemption form until the dating scan? 

I was hoping we would have more ladies join us from the ttc thread. We aren't that many girls at the moment are we? Must not be a common time of year to be due. Ha!

Oh. MrsGB we never ended up going to mothercare. Annoyingly there wasn't one in the city center. Which I had stupidly just assumed. But we went to John Lewis.  And we like the look of the Nuna demi Grow and the  UppaBaby Vista. But we still have a long way to go before making those decisions.

I am still struggling with nausea. It's especially bad in the evening. Dinner is my new hell.
    @DandelionBlue - Haha I know it did make me laugh (aside from being prodded so much) that baby was just like leave me be, I'm relaxing!!  Haha!  I am no good with all the theories on nub and that and I keep flitting between oh I definitely think a girl to then a boy, its going to be a long pregnancy as we dont plan on finding out! haha!  Yes, 20 week scan is when you can find out unless you go private and I think they can tell earlier.

Thats frustrating about mothercare but I know they shut tons of stores, annoyingly one near us that was really good has shut so we have to drive out to one of the others now, luckily they arent too far away but still annoying!

We think we are pretty set on the Silver Cross but we've got the Baby Show at Olympia tomorrow so going to see what there is there and have a play.  

Did I tell you all that we've already got our cot and wardrobe?  :D  My hubby is like an excitable little kid and his mum agreed to buy it so its done! ekk!!  It actually arrived this morning, cue panic as it was being delivered to my mother in laws and shes at work plus doesnt have a mobile (eye roll!) and both me and hubs are at work also!!  Luckily the guy phoned and was willing to wait for hubs to get there, luckily his boss let him pop out!  Fun times going on over here!!

Also, we went Facebook official last night!!  It must be real now! haha!!  Had so many lovely messages  <3
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• Having a particular bad day with the nausea today. Threw up at work. Not pleasant. I can smell it on me and am worried other people can too.

That's exciting that you are now official! I can't wait for it not to be a secret anymore. But am terrified of telling my work at the same time. I will need to tell them before my trial period is over :(

How nice of your MIL to buy you a cot and wardrobe! I am too scared to buy anything at this point. I am planning to wait until the second trimester.
    @DandelionBlue Aww no sorry your having a bad day with the nausea :(

Ahh I know its all so surreal but good, I dont have to hide my growing bump now!!

I was scared about ordering but my hubby is an excitable little kid and hes the type that wants everything yesterday, so I just gave in.  I am a little anxious about having it so soon but hoping thats all just my crazy brain :) xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• We are spending the day unpacking boxes. We moved in May and still haven't unpacked everything.

I had cream cheese on toast with tomato this morning. And wow did that hit the right spot. Also loving gherkins lol.

I think it's great you are starting to buy stuff MrsGB. Are you planning to get things on Black Friday?
    I imagine budget wise it is actually better to buy things over time than all at the end.
    But I still keep thinking something is going to go wrong. Baby has stopped growing or something. So I just can't face buying anything, even if it's small. I am watching loads of product reviews and videos on newborn essentials though lol.

We also originally loved the silvercross. But I am trying to find a cheaper alternative. What I also like about the Nuna Demi Grow and the Uppababy vista is that they transform to fit two kids. And we would like to have a second child not too long after the first. Although the thought of feeling this nauseous again makes me second guess this at times lol
  • MrsPope2018MrsPope2018 Posts: 1,337 New bride
    Dandelion just thread hoping to say that when I went for a very brief look at prams in john lewis I was actually surprised at how many brands could accommodate two babies, it was pretty much all of the ones I looked at, including certain models of the silver cross. 

Sooo, baby show was great!

Ended up buying a few bits 🙈 I was the one a bit hesitant, which is unlike me when it comes to shopping 🤣 but we still came away with: bibs, muslins, a personalised sooo cute babygrow, a baby monitor, feeding and support pillow and my mum brought us our pram (was a really good deal!) 

I still can’t quite believe we got so much already but hey got to get it some point and I guess there isn’t a “right” time 
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• DandelionBlueDandelionBlue Posts: 1,433 New bride
    edited October 2019
    Wow MrsGB I saw on the other thread how much you got the silvercross pram and all the accessories for. That was an amazing deal!!
    I wish we could have gone to the babyshow but we don't live in London anymore. It would have been too far away.
    You must feel so organised now!

Husband has a suprised outing planned for us today.
    @DandelionBlue I know so good!! I didn’t think it would be that much of a deal at the show but glad we went and asked! 

Oo surprise outing! Sounds fun, you’ll have to come update us on what you got up to

we are just off to the Mothercare expectant parent event starts at 10 but it’s a pain for us to get there but so far traffic is good! Typical! 🤣
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Oops! Got here and wandering around until the event starts, happened to check my message about it and it’s next weekend! 🤣🤣
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• Hannah343Hannah343 Posts: 292 New bride
    edited 06:42
  • Pf2016Pf2016 Posts: 781 New bride
    Hi everyone, sorry I've been quiet, I was out of the office a lot last week.  Started telling a few clients that I am pregnant because it has been stressing me out, so far everyone has been really supportive.
    My booking in appointment was fine, I have the same midwife as last time so it was nice to see her and we discussed a few things about my last pregnancy and birth, but I am looking forward to being able to go over it all in more detail later on.  I'm back on Thursday for round 2. Nausea has stopped for me now, but exhaustion is very much still present - I can't comprehend the idea of not feeling this tired every day for the rest of my life!  It feels so all-consuming.  But 2nd trimester isn't too far away now - can't believe our 12 week scan is only in 2 weeks!  My little girl keeps talking about the baby in my tummy button, and lifting up her t shirt to show me her brother in her tummy button  :D  she's so cute.
    Ooh glad you enjoyed the baby show MrsGB!  And so exciting to have that bundle on order.  I love that your husband is so excitable!  Mine was quite relaxed first time, and this time still keeps forgetting I am pregnant.  We will need to buy a buggy board, and get my daughter a single bed so that her new brother or sister can have her cot bed...and I would like a next-to-me crib for our room.  Although, I have read recently, you can't use next-to-me cribs with the movement sensor monitors.  We have the sensor and it is a godsend for helping you to get a good night's sleep...but I really want to be able to feed in bed this time. Last time I got up and did all the feeds in a chair in the nursery, which was pretty exhausting...but then my daughter has always been a pretty good sleeper, so I wonder whether having that physical distance at bed time is really a good thing for helping them sleep independently down the line.  MrsN what did you do first time?
    Hannah still so pleased that baby seems to be growing healthily, and not long until your private scan.
    Dandelion, when will you tell work?  After your scan or wait a few more weeks?  Do you feel like they value you already, enough not to be worried?  Remember that they can't use pregnancy as a reason for letting you go, they have to have a valid and believable reason even if you're in probation.

@Hannah343 – Aww sorry you’ve had a tough week with nausea and tiredness ☹

Thank you hun, it all feels surreal still but getting bits is helping me realise it is happening, but I do still panic with omg but what if, need to learn to relax!!

@Pf2016 – That’s so cute about your little girl and her baby in her tummy button <3

I am not sure if its good or bad that hubby is so excited as he is driving me mad! Haha!  It is nice really, but I need to just relax a bit before I can reach his level of excitement, not that I’m not excited of course!

As for us, I received my results through for our screening tests and all have come back low, which is such a relief but am I silly for wishing my downs result was better, it came in at 1 in 3200, which I know is still really good, but I am being a bit crazy about it?  Please tell my crazy baby brain to stop being silly! Haha xx

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

MrsGB stop being silly!

I know it's easier said than done, but that's still a really low risk. I asked my midwife last week and she said anything less than 1:150 was low risk.  I'm already worrying a bit about mine as it was super low risk last time, but apparently age is the biggest factor, so 3 years on I'm expecting the risk to be lots higher.  But yours is still not really anything to worry about.  Those measurements they take on the scan seem to be fairly inaccurate from what I can tell, a line dragged between two blurry points, so there has to be a big range in results regardless of the baby itself.

If you are worried you can have the harmony test, but it costs £££!
    @Pf2016 - Haha thanks hun

I know you are right, I think I needed someone else thats been through it or going through it to just reassure me that it is good as hubby just hears low risk and thats it done! 

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• Sorry MrsPope. I never saw your post. Thank tou for letting me know most pram brands do a model that can take two kids. That is usedul to know. I think we still have quite a bit of research to do.

Haha MrsGB I think baby brain has set in. Will you return to mothercare next week?
    That is wonderful news that all risk factors have come back low. And to me 1 in 3200 sounds pretty low.

Hannah I am sorry you have been struggling with nausea and tiredness. I can relate so much! Good that it's half term. Your booking appointment should be pretty soon. And I bet you are looking forward to the 12 week scan.
    Honestly I don't think the anxiety will ever disappear completely. But doing your self referral was a big step.

Pf2016 Your daughter is adorable with her baby in her tummy button. Too cute.
    I am glad your clients are taking it well. Do you feel a bit relieved.
    I haven't decided yet when to tell my work. Probably after the 12 week scan. I am still very nervous they will find a reason that "it hasn't worked out". Trying to put my best foot forward in the meantime. My clothes started feeling a bit tight this weekend, so I don't know how long I have without a visible  bump.
    Interesting to read that you kept your daughter in her nursery from the start. For some reason I didn't even realise that was an option. I was also considering a next to me crib. Would something like the owlet baby monitor work in a next to me crib?
  • Oh. Our surprise trip was to the Soleway Coast. Which was beautiful. And then we decided to go to see the Blackpool illuminations. So we were busy yesterday and out until late. I did feel a bit nauseaus throughout the day, which was crap.
    We ended up having dinner at Mcdonalds because it was so late. I had a big mac. And the only reason I could stomach it was because it had pickles. It's a cliche. But pickles are currently my friends.

My gran also texted me to tell me that my grandad accidentally told my aunt. We were not thrilled. 😔
    @DandelionBlue - Haha yes will be going next week on the right date - doh!  I know I need to stop dwelling its a good result and it is low and thats all that matters!

Aww sounds like a great day, but you can keep your pickles - I cant stand them haha!!

Not good about your grandad telling your aunt though, I wouldnt be thrilled either!! xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

I love gherkins too Dandelion!  Always do, but in pregnancy, it's just an excuse to crunch away on them all day, with a piece of cheese.

My snack of choice this time is salt and vinegar rice cakes with cheese and marmite.  Sooooo good!

Our daughter was in our room until about 4 or 5 months, in a crib, I just took her out to feed in a chair so I didn't disturb my husband too much.  She was quite small and jaundiced as a little one (born a few weeks early) so we had to have lights on etc to get her to wake up and feed.  Actually I guess I'll have to do that anyway, because we had to do a nappy change at pretty much every feed in the early days.  We did put her to sleep in her nursery in the day from about 2 months though.  With the sensor pad I wasn't too worried.  She was a really sicky baby though so I was always on alert for the sound of a big vom!

Argh what is it with relatives not being able to keep quiet?  The first time round telling everyone is such a big deal!  We're a bit more blase this time, because everyone has been watching us like a hawk anyway, waiting for baby number 2.

I have never heard of Soleway Coast I assume it's near Blackpool?
  • MrsNH17MrsNH17 Posts: 624 New bride
    edited October 2019
    @Pf2016 to answer your question, first time round I had my little one next to my bed in a moses - this one:

The stand could turn upside down and be a rocker but I never used it that way. She outgrew it at around 4.5 months so I put her in her cot in her own room then - although it was a pain having to go off to her room then! But I fed her in bed at night then popped her back in the moses when she was in with us. When she was in her own room for the first couple of months I’d feed her in our bed if she woke in the night as I found it cosier. In retrospect because I breastfed I would have liked a next to me or a snuzpod but not sure I’ll buy one for this time - will probably just use the moses again.  My bed is quite low actually so not sure how compatible it would be anyway! 

But yes I’m wondering about the cot as my little girl will only be 2,5 and she doesn’t try climb out so she might not be ready for a toddler bed in order to give baby the cot! I guess there’s a few more months where baby doesn’t need cot though so buys extra time!
    Yes you've got a little while haven't you MrsN.  We took the sides off the cot bed to make it a toddler bed earlier this year, she was probably just gone 2, and actually she transitioned really well.  We had a towel rolled up at the edge of the bed under the sheet to stop her rolling out, and some blankets on the floor - she did fall out a handful of times but generally has been pretty good.  We found she outgrew the moses basket pretty quickly last time though.  I will have to do some more research, we don't have the money to spend on lots of new purchases this time so will be seeing what I can borrow from friends or get second hand!
    Had my first ever pregnancy vom this morning!!  :open_mouth:
    Ever since I've been pregnant I've been aware of a strange smell in our bedroom which I couldn't smell before and my husband can't smell.  Opened my wardrobe up this morning and it hit me and my stomach just turned.  Bleurgh.  Luckily I made it to the bathroom in time.
    @Pf2016 - Oh the joys!! Poor you hun xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• MrsNH17MrsNH17 Posts: 624 New bride
    Oh dear pregnancy sickness sounds rubbish!

I told my direct boss yesterday. As my scan is a bit late (but I’m past 12 weeks now) and I’ve been asked to help him lead our team and we were planning strategies etc I was feeling a bit duplicitous knowing I’d be off next year so I just told him. He was very nice. I said I’ll tell everyone else when I’ve had my scan assuming everything is ok. And if things weren’t ok it’s probably better he has a heads up anyway! 

How’s everyone else feeling and anyone got scans etc coming up? This reminds me- I’m going to ring my docs now and book in my flu jab whipping cough vaccine and 16 week appointment or before I know it I’ll forget! 
    Oh that's good to tell your boss MrsN - I always feel better for telling people, one less thing to worry about.  Would be good to have that 12 week scan under the belt though!  2 weeks today for me.

Just had my second booking in appt, had to re-do my urine sample because last week's one showed a possible infection, though they thought probably some cross contamination.  Everything else fine though.  My next appointment is at 16 weeks, and is on a Friday so I will have to take my daughter along!  Hopefully we will get to hear the heartbeat.
  • My gran (a different one) passed away yesterday. It came as quite a shock. She was 90 and had just been put in a home. But I just didn't expect it to happen so soon. For days I had been going back and forth on whether to tell her about my pregnancy or not. But I decided that two weeks wasn't much longer to go. 😪

Pf2016 Our pregnancy journeys seem to mirror each other. My midwife contacted me yesterday to ask me to provide another urine sample. The first seems to suggest I have a urinary tract infection. But I have no symptoms of it.
    I'm sorry about the vom.

MrsNH I am glad your boss took the news well. It must be a relief now that it is out in the open.
    @DandelionBlue sorry about your Nan lovely 😞

I’m struggling today, I’ve come home from work as have a blinding headache and felt so sick, even was a bit just like bile, sorry tmi! 

I’ve had a sleep and head seems to have eased. Think I’m just so tired it’s all catching up with me! Xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

edited October 2019
    Oh I'm sorry Dandelion, what a shame.  She would have been so happy for you.  We lost my husband's grandfather about a month before our daughter was born which was really sad, but the new baby was seen as a blessing and helped with everyone's grief I think.  I hope your pregnancy can do the same for your family.

That's rubbish MrsGB.  Glad you managed to sleep though, I am so tired all the time and can't concentrate on work!
    @Pf2016 - Ahh I know that feeling! I just needed to put myself first today and actually rest. I don’t like taking time off but sometimes it’s needed xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015