@bride2be2019 - 16/3/20
@MrsMinMarch2016 - 18/3/20 - Boy 💙
@mrseebe2be - 22/3/20 - Girl 💗
@mrsfbc - 31/3/20 - Girl 💗
@MrsCarnegie - 9/4/20
@OmRum - 17/4/20 Girl 💗
@MrsGB2015 - 28/4/20

• Mrs17Mrs17 Posts: 826 New bride
    I'm 28th Februaty! Thank you for creating this @MrsMinMarch2016. So nice to be able to see them all like that! 

Congratulations on a boy @Sammykate! I dont have any experience with girls but can honestly say boys are wonderful. My 1 year old is far more affectionate than I expected and super cheeky! 
  • Mrsseebe2beMrsseebe2be Posts: 634 New bride
    Thanks for setting this up MrsMin!

We've got a few due the same week haven't we? 
    Aw bless you getting impatient about the gender.  I told hubs about your plan for a Christmas reveal and he thought it was adorable.  If you can hang on that long I think it'll be an amazing thing to do.

@Sammykate massive congratulations on your scan and your baby boy!  You're the complete opposite of us, we were fully prepared for a boy and had the name all lined up and had to go back the drawing board for a girl. You have my sympathy with the cold - I had one all last week and it still hasn't properly cleared.  All my go to remedies are out of bounds too.
    I'll look forward to the joy of the whooping cough jab when it arrives then!

@MrsGB2015 we got a load of scanner poking at our 12 week for them to be able to see for the measurements.  On the plus side, the bigger the baby gets the less they have to press on.  Our 16/17 weeks were much less uncomfortable.  The 20 week is also apparently the last one you need a full bladder for as they're well out of your pelvis after that.
  • MrsGB2015MrsGB2015 Posts: 3,625 New bride
    @MrsMinMarch2016 - Thanks for setting this up!  Our EDD is 28th April xx

@Mrsseebe2be - Ahh it was like torture, I am still sore now haha!!  Thats good to hear though, can relax and enjoy it more!  Although, they said I didnt need a full bladder for yesterdays, will I for my next?  My next one isnt until 20 weeks well I will actually be nearly 21 weeks by the appointment xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015
    Miracle Baby due April 2020

"The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow"
  • OmRumOmRum Posts: 828 New bride
    Thanks for setting up the the new thread, MrsMin. Congrats on the little boy, Sammy.

We got back from Amsterdam yesterday. It was exhausting but lovely. I couldn't walk much, so we had to get the tram everywhere and spent a lot of time on canal cruises. I came home with so much food!

Is anyone else planning to give their baby a surname which is the double-barrel of your own and your husband's? I ask because it was my birthday on Tuesday and I got several cards from his family addressing me with his name (even though they know I didn't change mine!) and I'm worried that they're going to call the baby by the wrong name too...
  • SammykateSammykate Posts: 3,844 New bride
    MrsMin thanks for setting this up! My due date is the 29th Feb.

Thank you for the reassurance about boys Mrs17- my nephew was a nightmare baby so I was a bit like oh gawd a boy!! at first lol. My friends with kids all have girls so he is my only experience of boys. Hubby is absolutely stoked about having a little dude.

Mrsseebee not being able to take anything effective for the cold is the worst. I've just been dosing up on paracetamol. Was up at 5am feeling rotten this morning though. And I feel llike it dampened my excitement at the scan today as I was feeling so crappy :(
    edited 17 October
    @MrsGB2015 I think the full bladder thing is odd. I know trusts vary about how much they advise you drink etc, but my appointment letters for my 12 and 20 week scans both advise a full bladder with various dire warnings about not being able to scan and potential long wait periods until your bladder is full etc. I actually had to empty mine for my 12 week because it was in the way! They definitely wanted mine full for the gender scans though.
    I swear I had a bruise for a couple of days after my 12 week scan. I feel movies and tv have lied to me about what to expect from the whole scan experience!

Glad you had a good time @OmRum and got well stocked up on food!
    I changed my name when we got married so we won’t be double barrelling. I know other people that haven’t changed their surname and the kids have had their dad’s surname, so I guess if want to avoid that assumption you could double barrel?

@Sammykate the no medication thing sucks massively. Normally I don’t get many colds and that was my second since being pregnant. Hubs is normally way worse than me, but he dosed up and was over his in 3 days. Mine hung around a good week.

My mum has bought me a maternity coat as an early Christmas present. It’s awesome. It has an extra zip in panel at the front so I can wear it now without and it fits quite well, but then I can add the panel later to accommodate the bump as it gets bigger. You can get a matching zip in baby carrier panel so you can have the baby in a sling inside your coat in cold weather. Now I know I like the coat I think I might invest.
    @Mrsseebe2be - Haha definitely! We dont plan on finding out the gender, so I will do as I did this time and have an empty bladder and if worst comes to worst I will just have to down water lol!! xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

My scan letters always say 500ml of water beforehand so I drink that- it's not so much that I'm busting for a wee and uncomfortable throughout the scan!
  • mrsfbcmrsfbc Posts: 45 New bride
    thanks @MrsMinMarch2016 my due date is 31/03/20 4 weeks to find out boy or girl!!!! 
  • Thanks ladies, we now have a complete list, it'll be nice to keep track of where everyone is now!!

I'm at the baby show at Olympia. My friend had a last minute spare ticket. It's surreal! Anyone else going?
    Omrum I like the idea of it but I found the National Wedding show stressful so I was thinking it would be the same! Is it good for shopping for baby things?
    edited 18 October
    @OmRum - Yes, we are going hun! Will I be overwhelmed? haha xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

I found it fine. Busy but not crowded. I resisted buying anything as I'm still only 14 weeks but got a lot of ideas. Weekend might be busier, though.
    edited 18 October
    I could be tempted by the baby show last minute except I'm so sick anyway I won't be going anywhere this weekend lol. Medicating with sugar seeing as everything else is banned. Can't even drown myself in coffee. Think I'll refuse to emerge from my duvet cave for at least 24 hours once home.

So stressed yesterday as I was getting emails from the estate agent of the house we are buying threatening the whole chain would fall through as our solicitor was being too slow. Thankfully after a series of snotty emails and calls its sorted for now. So sick pregnant and stressed and need sugar to function lol.
    @OmRum, glad the baby show was good.  We won't be going, it's a bit far without a bit of forward planning and we've got a fair few jobs to do this weekend. Waiting for the plumber at the moment to see about getting our cloakroom refitted.

@Sammykate bless you, you sound like you're having a rough time. About the only things that helped with my cold were either a hot shower or a steam inhaler with menthol crystals in it. Other than that, definitely go with the duvet cave and sugar!
    Glad you got your house purchase back on track, honestly, solicitors can be a complete nightmare! 
  • MrsCarnegieMrsCarnegie Posts: 504 New bride
    Thanks for setting this thread up @MrsMinMarch2016 😊 We've only got 16 days until we find out if we're team pink or blue xx

Congrats on finding out you have a little boy @Sammykate 💙

Hope you ladies are all doing well xxx 
    Thanks Mrsseebee I do have some Vicks vapour rub which I guess I'm allowed! It helps a little but not with the general crappy feeling. Maybe a hot (well as hot as I'm allowed) bath will help.

Thanks MrsCarneige, not long until you will know!
  • MrsCarnegieMrsCarnegie Posts: 504 New bride
    Hubby and I are convinced it's a girl and I'm so curious to see if we are right x 

Hope you start to feel a bit better soon @Sammykate xxx 
    Hubby told his mum on the phone today we are having a boy. Her response:

"Are you sure?"
    Hubby "yes quite sure" (literally the sonographer pointed out every part of the boy bits...)
    MIL: "oh well you can always try again can't you"

I should be annoyed but really it's just an eye roll. She had two boys and has told me several times how she was desperate for a girl so I suppose she was hoping for one via us.
    Sooo, baby show was great!

Ended up buying a few bits 🙈 I was the one a bit hesitant, which is unlike me when it comes to shopping 🤣 but we still came away with: bibs, muslins, a personalised sooo cute babygrow, a baby monitor, feeding and support pillow and my mum brought us our pram (was a really good deal!) 

I still can’t quite believe we got so much already but hey got to get it some point and I guess there isn’t a “right” time 
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

@Sammykate that’s SO frustrating! I can’t believe that people actually say things like that. I’m sure she’ll adore your little boy when he arrives despite what she said.

@MrsGB2015 glad you had a lovely time at the show. I don’t think there is a ‘right time’ to buy things either.
    Which pram did you get? We’ve still not 100% settle on our choice yet, looking forward to another trip to look at some soon.
    @Mrsseebe2be My mum said the same she said you’ve got to just try not to worry and enjoy things, buying bit by bit helps spread payments etc

We went for the Silver Cross Wayfarer, got a good deal and mum was happy to pay! Winning lol xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Ooh MrsGB how exciting! Was it a really good deal on the pram?

I think we've settled on a Maxi Cosi travel system after spending about 6hrs in John Lewis today lol, their baby department is so good. I've seen a heavily reduced one online and I'm trying to hint to DH that I really think we should order it! My mum has offered to pay for it but they're on holiday at the mo so we'd have to get it and ask for the money later lol.
    @Sammykate Yes, it ended up being £823 for the Chassis, Carrycot and Seat Unit, Cup Holder, Raincover, Car Seat, Car Seat Adaptors, Changing Bag and isofix base I believe is all included.

Haha if it’s a good deal then deffo!! I know we are a bit early but I don’t think we would get a better deal than that on Silver Cross, plus they said we can put in a delivery time later on, so we went for the highest available of 12-16 weeks and then we will have it delivered to my mother in laws.
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

That sounds like a good deal MrsGB. We were looking at Silver Cross. I really liked the Coast but then when I saw the fold demonstrated in a shop I thought I’d really struggle to get it in my car boot. How was the Wayfarer fold?

Sammykate the John Lewis baby department is supposed to be amazing. Did you book an appointment or just turn up and explore? Maxi Cosi are supposed to be good, especially their car seats.

I like how we’ve all got our mums buying our travel systems! 😆
    edited 20 October
    @Mrsseebe2be we thought so haha. The coast is a newer one I believe?

The wayfarer folds quite well but I guess it could be chunky if your boot isn’t too spacious. 
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Well done on the excellent deal, MrsGB, and I'm glad you enjoyed the show. I quite enjoyed trying out the iCandy Lime and Bugaboo Bee5, which both seem to fold up small (vital for our tiny flat). Had my husband been with me we might have considered buying, but as it is his mum has offered to help pay, so it's probably for the best to spend a bit more time exploring the options.

We went to John Lewis and Mothercare yesterday for a look around, just to get ideas what we might need and how much it'll all cost. I've heard good things about the John Lewis appointments so we might book one of them closer to the time.

Does anyone have their exemption certificate? I wondered what it looks like, as I've had a letter abut mine but no certificate, but i wonder if the letter is in fact the certificate, as it implies it is... really confused.
    I think the Coast is newer yes @MrsGB2015. The boot on my car is mid sized but the Coast was massive when folded down.  We were looking at the Oyster 3 because of the smaller fold.

@OmRum I haven’t looked at Bugaboo or iCandy in the flesh yet, they both look good quality though.
    Re the certificate, yes it’s the letter. Apparently they used to send out the card but now to save money the letter doubles as your certificate.

I have used it once for my flu jab, although Boots were rubbish and refused to accept it initially because it ‘doesn’t automatically exempt you from paying’ turns out they hadn’t read my form or checked the dates on it and thought I was post natal.. it was only when we the pharmacist (who also didn’t read my form) double checked and I said yes I was pregnant that they actually refunded me the cost. Then they texted me the next day to say I’d missed my appointment.... Rubbish! 🙄
    Omrum we were playing with the Icandy Lime yesterday and liked it. The fold seemed nice and easy. But I think a Maxi Cosi system will work out cheaper. I'm looking at the Adorra as it has a huge basket for shopping and while on maternity I won't have access to the car as DH takes it to work. So I'll probably want to do supermarket trips with the buggy.

DH has said we need to wait to buy as we are moving soon and also the Black Friday and Jan sales are coming up, he's always the voice of reason lol.

MrsGB that's a really good deal especially including the Isofix base. The base alone that we want is £200. I've not looked at any silver cross as they are out of our budget.

Mrsseebee we just turned up and as it was kind of quiet they were happy to go through a really detailed pram and car seat check list with us. They checked on the compatibility between the prams, seats and our car etc. If you wanted the full nursery service I think an appointment would be better but we don't need to look at cots etc.