Due August, September and October 2020

MrsRagdollMrsRagdoll Posts: 271 New bride
edited 26 March in You & Your Baby

Finally feeling brave enough to set up a due date club for August, September and October 2020.

@Polly27 - DD 02/08/20 team yellow 💛

@DollyB - DD 09/08/20 team yellow 💛

@MrsRagdoll - DD 19/08/20 team yellow 💛

@Jessica147 - DD 20/08/20 team boy 💙

@EllaBella23 - DD 31/08/20

@FunLovinLynz - DD TBC

@Willow321 - DD Mid Sep team yellow 💛

@MrsLjC- DD Mid Oct

@Victoria291 - DD 24/10/20

@Laura812 - DD 30/10/20

• I'll start by introducing myself for anyone who hasn't seen the TTC thread.

I am @MrsRagdoll and am currently 5 weeks pregnant after trying for a year. Found out we had MFI in September and my husband had an operation to fix a varicocele in October and by some miracle we are pregnant already!

Got my first midwife appointment booked for 30th Jan (which feels very late as i'll be over 10 weeks, but my drs said they don't do them earlier as so many people have loses before then... which was very kind of them to tell me!). Also having an early scan on 15th Jan at just over 8 weeks as I just cannot wait until mid Feb.

Telling my PILs today and my family on boxing day, can't work out if I'm excited or nervous for them all to know! We would have kept it quiet until 12 weeks but with Christmas it will be obvious in minutes if I'm not drinking and I can't be bothered with the hassle of lying!

• MrsPope2018MrsPope2018 Posts: 1,350 New bride
    So excited for you Ragdoll! I also didnt see my midwife until I was over 10 weeks. It felt like forever!! That was partly why we booked an early scan as well. Hopefully xmas/new year will make the time go a little quicker for you. 
    How have you been feeling?? 
    🤞🤞 for some more ladies joining you very soon! 
    Hope it all goes well telling your families xx
  • Hi MrsRagdoll!

I’ve been a long time lurker on the TTC thread and got my BFP yesterday (have also followed your story- congratulations!) This was our 3rd cycle trying and I really wasn’t expecting it so I think I’m still massively in shock. I already feel sooo anxious as I’ve got AF type cramping and have had since I took the test. I never even get AF pains normally!? Was definitely not expecting it to be this stressful already 😂

We’re going to tell my parents today which I think should ease some of my anxiety as I’ll be able to talk to my mum about it properly! Trying to relax and enjoy but it’s easier said than done. Hoping to also book an early private scan closer to 8 weeks as I know I won’t be able to wait.

How have you been feeling? 
  • MrsRagdoll I am so so happy for you. We ended up telling our parents around 5 weeks too. It was nice to have the support from my mum from the start. Especially since I had a hemorrhage at 8 weeks. But I felt super nervous telling them. I felt like a little child. Lol.
    I will definitely end up lurking on this thread, reading about your journey.

EllaBella Congratulations on your BFP!! I had loads of AF like cramping the first month after finding out. Apparently it's perfectly normal.

Hope you both have a lovely Christmas. Pregnant and surrounded by family. ❤
  • Polly27Polly27 Posts: 680 New bride
    Hi MrsRagdoll and Ellabella, I haven’t posted on these forums for ages. I got pregnant at the beginning of the year and was due in October but after a bleed around 8 weeks I went for a scan and showed the baby had stopped developing at 6 weeks. It took us a while to try to decide to start trying again as we already have 2 boys and almost felt like we were pushing our luck. But we did and I’m now 8 weeks. I had a bleed on Sunday and was convinced it was all over again but I’ve been for a scan at the EPU today and the baby is measuring 8 weeks with a strong heartbeat. They said there is some bruising next to where the sac is implanted which is quite common and this is where the bleeding has come from, but it shouldn’t affect the pregnancy. So a bit of relief (for now!). Next hurdle 12 week scan. 🙏🏻x
  • SammykateSammykate Posts: 4,014 New bride
    edited December 2019
    Congrats to all of you! Still so pleased for you MrsRagdoll. It doesn't seem so long ago we were on the TTC thread together and now I have a massive bump and it's about bloomin time it's your turn!!

Ellabella just wanted to jump on to say I had the most horrific night time cramps at 5-6 weeks. They would wake me up and I'd be doubled over in pain nearly throwing up from it. Went to the GP and they arranged a scan for me and baby was absolutley fine, little heartbeat flickering away at 6 weeks! They said it was probably down to my uterus stretching with this being my first. But welcome to the world of worrying about every tiny thing when you're pregnant haha.
  • Thanks @Sammykate and @DandelionBlue that does help to reassure me! The cramps seem to have eased up a bit this evening although that could be as I feel a bit more relaxed now that we’ve told my parents and we could chat about it. 

Amazing news about your 8 week scan @Polly27 ! That must be such a relief for you, I can’t wait until I get to that point for a bit more peace of mind. I honestly thought I’d be so chilled about this and I couldn’t be more wrong 😂 feel exhausted from being on edge for 2 days haha!
  • MrsRagdollMrsRagdoll Posts: 271 New bride
    edited December 2019
    Welcome @Ellabella23 and @Polly27 so glad to have you here with me. The anxiety is REAL, I also thought after the stress of TTC I’d be so chill when I was finally pregnant but I still panic every time I go for a wee! 
    I had some pretty bad cramps for a while but I only get the odd one and now and just feel bloated instead! 

Thank you so much @MrsPope2018 @Sammykate and @DandelionBlue I still can’t quite believe I am actually on a due page 😅 I’m so excited for you all to be meeting your little ones in the not too distant future. Chatting with you all on the TTC thread really did keep me sane!

We told my husbands family last night by getting a photo from our wedding and then putting a photo of the tests in a double frame and gave it to my MIL saying we forgot to give it to them last year (my MIL has been begging for photos from the wedding for the last 2 years). When it clocked what it was my MIL screamed and cried and then everyone else started screaming. It was so funny but also lovely how thrilled they are for us! I managed to film it all and I’m so glad I did as I’ll treasure that for ever!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas xxxx
    That’s so nice that everyone was so excited. As for the anxiety I totally get it. But after my previous miscarriages all I think is there is nothing I can do to prevent it happening again as it’s out of my control, so I just hope for the best. We had 18 for Christmas dinner, which wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be, thankfully. I did all the main course but others brought the starters and desserts and I prepped as much as possible before hand. I’ve told most my family I’m pregnant, but my father in law is terminally ill, and we’re in 2 minds whether to tell him. The reality is that it is very unlikely he will meet this baby or even get to see my baby bump so it almost feels cruel telling him that we’re having a baby he’ll never meet. Since I found out I was pregnant I’ve felt bad for wishing time away when time is precious. It’s been a real mixture of emotions but I’m just glad we have something positive to focus on in the new year now. X
  • Hi lovely ladies! Can I join? Congratulations everyone on your BFPs, so exciting! I am currently 6-7 weeks (I think?) with baby number 2. For that reason, I dont know how active I will manage to be on here (toddlers are hard work) but this board was such a help to me first time round - I still am regularly in contact with the ladies from my due thread for my daughter. 

How is everyone feeling? We have an early scan on the 8th January as I have irregular cycles and cant be sure of my dates. Was going to book a private reassurance scan anyway so really pleased to have that early scan to look forward to.

Hope you are all having a lovely christmas and not missing the cheese/pate/prosecco too much! 
    edited December 2019
    Hi Jessica. Congratulations. I’m not feeling too bad, but I do feel nauseous quite a lot but luckily not actually being sick. It’s a bit like an all day hangover 😂 For that reason I’m not missing booze at all but I know once I start feeling better in the 2nd trimester 🙏🏻 I’ll miss a wine. I have 2 boys already who are 6 and 3, so I’m out of the toddler phase but my youngest is still a bit of a handful, he’ll be 4 in August (hopefully won’t share the same birthday as baby 🤞🏻) so will be starting school next September so should make everything easier. 
    When is too early to start wearing maternity jeans? I think it’s more Christmas bloat then baby but my jeans are getting very uncomfortable 🐷😂
  • Out of the toddler phase but still have your hands full with 2 boys!! Hats off to you haha, pregnancy with a child is already tougher than first time round. 

Haha I had that same conversation about maternity jeans this morning with my husband, I'm going to get him to get them out of the loft this weekend, it's never to early. Buttons are so uncomfortable! Did you start showing earlier with your second than your first polly? I was showing quite early with my daughter so I dont expect it to be too long before it gets difficult to hide.
    Yeah I did start showing earlier 2nd time round, think your stomach just gives in earlier 😂. Both my boys were big babies, eldest was 9lb 8oz and youngest was 10lbs, for this reason I’m going to enquire if they would consider induction on my due date, as my eldest was 12 days overdue and youngest 8 days. I didn’t have any problems with the births as such, 2nd degree tear with both which is fairly standard I think, just stitches needed. X
  • Hi there..... 

I’m due my second late August. I’m about 5 weeks at the moment. 
    Feeling ok, occasional cramping and tender boobs every so often! 
    Told my parents Christmas Day as they usually go on holiday first fortnight in September and I’ll Need them to help with my daughter! 
    Hoping to tell my boss after Christmas - just incase I have days of not feeling great! 
  • Hi ladies,

Exciting that there are a few of us now! Hope you all had a good Christmas, how have you been managing to hide not drinking from people who don’t know yet? I got away with it on Christmas Day with the wider family as I had Elderflower spritz which looked like gin and my parents would make them for me so no one knew. I think one of my cousins was starting to cotton on though when I’d had my 8th and didn’t seem drunk in the slightest 😂 never mind, they’ll know soon enough anyway hopefully!

We’ve booked an early scan for 19th Jan. Is anyone else looking at an early one?
  • Wow Polly, those are big babies, I dont blame you asking about induction on due date! I had a traumatic birth with my daughter (I wont go into detail for those having baby number 1) and so am feeling very anxious second time around, I need to seek advice as to whether to try for another VB or whether a C section is best. I'm veering towards c section at the moment. 

I've already had to tell my boss just so someone can cut me some slack on those days I am feeling awful! 

I haven't had to hide the not drinking particularly, as most of the people we spent time with over christmas were immediate family and so we told them. We dont have much of a social life since our daughter was born so no worries there 😂

We have an early scan next wednesday the 8th. The anxiety has started already! I'm trying desperately not to let it get out of hand, just want to see that little heart beating! How many weeks will you be on the 19th January EllaBella?

Hope everyone isnt feeling too horrendous xx
  • Welcome @Jessica147 @FunLovinLynz :)

What are everyones current due dates? I was thinking of making a list on the front page so it's easy for us to keep track :) I'll update them after 12 weeks etc.

@Polly27 those are some big babies! I was over 11lbs and my husband was 9lbs so I'm guessing I'll be having a big bubba too!

@EllaBella23 my early scan is on the 15th. I'm sooo nervous for it already!

I have been having pretty bad nausea in the morning and evenings since before I even knew I was pregnant but yesterday and today I feel sick constantly... I've bought some of those travel sickness bracelets and gingernut biscuits hoping that gives me a bit of relief!

• @MrsRagdoll Mine is 3rd September. 

@Jessica147 I should be around 7 + 5 for the scan. I know what you mean about the anxiety I also feel soo anxious and already on countdown! Today I woke up and my boobs don’t hurt so I keep prodding them every few minutes to check 😂 husband thinks I’ve gone mad! 

Happy New Year everyone! How’re we all doing? I am meant to be at work today but I’ve taken the day off as I am constantly retching, and am throwing up bile every now and then but I’ve always struggled actually being sick. Only 6+3 today and everything I’ve read says sickness gets worse after 8 weeks which I am dreading so so badly! I always said while I was TTC I wouldn’t complain when I was pregnant but I had no idea how rough I would feel constantly! 
  • SammykateSammykate Posts: 4,014 New bride
    MrsRagdoll I never had morning sickness to the point of actually throwing up, but I did buy some preggo pop sweets which I felt helped with the general nausea. Definitely stopped me throwing up once on a bus as I was very close!

Can't promise results but worth a shot if you are suffering. I also bought candied ginger but it made me want to hurl even worse lol.
  • MrsGB2015MrsGB2015 Posts: 3,868 New bride
    @Ragdoll - Congrats again lovely :)

@Jessica147 - I remember you from your first :) welcome back hope alls well :) 

Congrats to the others also, the worry doesnt really leave I am afraid to say - its a new worry now your pregnant!  I am 23 weeks now and I still panic!

Look forward to seeing all your scans as they come up :) xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015
    Miracle Baby due April 2020

"The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow"
  • DandelionBlueDandelionBlue Posts: 1,448 New bride
    MrsRagdoll I struggled a lot with nausea and vomiting. Just like you I told myself I wouldn't complain when I finally got pregnant. But it's completely natural not to want to feel sick the whole time. So don't feel bad.
    What did help me was always having salty crackers or belvita biscuits on me to nibble on. I would nibble on a cracker first thing in the morning before getting up. Also try to stay hydrated. You might struggle drinking a big glass of water, but I had one if those bottles on me and would slowly sip on it all day. Try not to eat full meals but space food out across the day. I still threw up a few times but those things really helped.
    If it's really bad talk to your doctor / midwife. There are things they can give you.

As for the anxiety, I am afraid it really doesn't go away. Still anxious at 20 weeks. Cried all morning the other day because I hadn't felt baby kick. Just comes with the territory.
    What did help me a bit, is my mum telling me there is nothing I can do. Nothing right or wrong. If it's a healthy pregnancy it will grow strong. And it's best I don't stress myself out. That is if anything the best thing I can do for baby. Easier said then done, but kind off true.
  • Jessica147Jessica147 Posts: 358 New bride
    MrsRagdoll - I dont really know my due date yet, have dating scan on the 8th so will know more then. I think I will be second/third week of august. Nicely coincides with my 30th birthday - great planning!

Sorry you're feeling so sick - I'm with you on that one, I had zero sickness with my daughter, I was so lucky. This time round, not so much. I know other people have it a lot worse than me and I'm not actually being sick, but the nausea and wretching still take their toll. My diet is so beige at the moment its unreal! Ritz crackers, pomm bears, anything salty is my go to at the moment - and orange juice randomly. I'm not really sure how I'm going to put my big girl pants on and go to work next week!

Aww MrsGB, I remember you too, can you believe Evie is 2 already? I was so thrilled to see your pregnancy news, hope all is going well with you xx 
  • MrsGB2015MrsGB2015 Posts: 3,868 New bride
    @Jessica147 - Wow 2?! Where has the time gone? Thank you lovely that means a lot :) 

All is well but I do get anxious a lot still, although starting to feel baby a bit more now.  Annoyingly I have an anterior placenta so its been cushioning a lot of the early movement.
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015
    Miracle Baby due April 2020

"The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow"
    MrsGB - that's so annoying that you have an anterior placenta! Doesn't help with the anxiety - I'm sure it will affect your feelings less as baby gets bigger and starts kicking you in all sorts of places!

How is everyone doing? I have woken up today feeling completely normal and not pregnant in the slightest. Instead of enjoying it, I am panicking! I was like this with my daughter so I should know that it doesn't mean anything - I had forgotten how much pregnancy makes you over think things! 

How weird does today feel - not like a friday at all! Any plans for the weekend?

Thanks for the tips everyone. @Jessica147 I am obsessed with orange juice at the moment and while it's great while drinking it I definitely feel worse after. Actually I've noticed I feel worse after pretty much anything sugary. Managed to make it in to work today and only been sick a handful of times so I'll work with that!

Just under 2 weeks until my early scan, time feels like it's going sooooo slowly! :(

• @Jessica147 I feel the same! Woken up the last 2 days and I feel normal and boobs have stopped feeling sore. They do get slightly worse in the evenings though and I had my bloated/gas type cramps last night at about 3am but I still get myself worked up that it’s not a good thing! Everything I’ve read says the symptoms come and go and I’m only 5 + 3 so it’s super early days so I know I just need to relax 😂

I’m almost looking forward to going back to work on Monday in a way as I could do with the distraction and getting back into a routine. Feeling very lazy at the moment! What are your plans for the weekend?
  • @MrsRagdoll Sorry you’re not feeling great! Have you told work yet or waiting til 12 weeks? Our scans must be around the same time, mine is 2 weeks Sunday...major countdown already! Just want to know either way.
    How is everyone doing? I am off work again, can’t get a grip on this nausea and vomiting :( just counting down the days until my early scan! 
    I feel your pain, I am terrible! Today is my day off with my daughter and I had an awful nights sleep with nausea all through the night and then horrible vomiting this morning and i haven't really recovered since then! I feel like such a crap mumma as i haven't been able to do anything with her today really. We ventured out to the park but I just feel like I'm going to hurl the whole time 😔 defo going to bed at same time as her this evening! 

Not sure how I am going to manage work tomorrow - this baby better be growing big and strong in there haha! Hope the rest of you are doing ok x