Forum home You & Your Baby

The Pill - a few questions

Hi girls ok I have a few questions I hope somebody can help.

First off I am on the pill and have been for about a year and a half now, my new hubby and I have decided we would like to start trying for a baby next year not sure if it will be honeymoon time which is early feb or towards the end of next year? Anyway when do you think is the best time to come off the pill? I have heard so many stories about girls have many M'C and it really scares me, is there anybody else who is trying right now that worries about the same?

Also I was silly and missed two days of my pill over my wedding week which was two weeks again and now I am a day late. I don;t think I am preg's as it;s way to fast BUT I am due to take the pill again on Sunday for my next month and I am not sure what to do if I don;t come on? Do I still carry on taking the pill on the Sunday??

Thanks for reading xxx

• MrsRafMrsRaf Posts: 1,802
    Hi Boo

I've been told that everyone's body is different and some people take a long time to get back into a regular cycle whilst others can happen immediately - for me it took about 5/6 weeks.

Remember that it is possible to get pregnant as soon as you come off the pill - doctors recommend using other contraception until your cycle returns to normal though as they use the date of your last (proper) period to predict your due date.

If you don't want to get pregnant and you missed a pill i think you are supposed to carry on with your next pack of pills without taking a break.

if you do want to get pregnant then there's no reason i know of why you can't just stop taking them.

but obviously i'm not a doctor so this is just what i've been told - I would suggest going to see your doctor first if you want to come off the pill as he/she will give you proper advice

good luck!
  • Thank you very much for your advice I think I will make an app in the new year and talk it over with them then. I would like to start trying next year but if it happens now I would still be over the moon. I have one month left and then I need to go back anyway and see the nurse for more of the pill if I wish to carry on.

Thank you xxx