Not broody - is there something wrong with me??

I have never really been broody and people seem to treat me like a leper because of it.

I can't see myself ever having kids but no one in H2b's family will accept this.

Were any of you ladies now trying to have a baby dead set against it when you were my age - 23??

• mummyGGukmummyGGuk Posts: 277
    hey Rosey21, i am 27 now and broody but at 23 I was NEVER thinking of having babies......I was out enjoying myself, building my career, buying my house, and just simply living my youth.

Dont worry you'll be broody one day but dont worry about not being broody, just enjoy enjoy enjoy x
  • lush224lush224 Posts: 562 New bride
    I am 28 and have never in my life felt broody. You are still young at 23 and have 15 or more years ahead where you could choose to have a baby. So don't worry!

Don't let h2bs family push you into anything you don't want. Wait until you want a baby, that is if you ever want a baby! There are lots of advantages to not wanting motherhood as well as to wanting it!

I have made it clear to my hubbie and our families that it is unlikely I'll ever want kids. I might change in my 30s but can't see it! They have all accepted my decision luckily.
  • Hiya,

God, I've been up and down like a yo yo! I'm nearly 29, but up until I met Carl 18 months ago I was career focussed and adamant I was never 'ruining my like by having children'. I didn't know anyone with children either.

Now, however, my friends and family are starting to have children, and my best mate of 25 years is 4 months pregnant and this has had a HUGE effect on me, and am now seriously broody!

So, after that ramble, my advice is never say never because things really do change. By all means stick to your guns because having a baby is too huge a thing to do if you're not ready, but be prepared that you may change your mind one day x
  • not at all all hun, i wernt broody one lil bit tbh it just happend, you not abnormal or anything and you are only 23 dont forget

you have plenty of time x
  • not at all all hun, i wernt broody one lil bit tbh it just happend, you not abnormal or anything and you are only 23 dont forget

• Its perfectly natural to not want children, some people just dont! But it doesnt mean your incompetant or find other peoples children boring, theres nothing wrong with not wanting your own. one day you might find that changes, but then again if not then good for you!

xxx
  • rosey21ukrosey21uk Posts: 688
    Yeh I've had the reaction that because I don't think I want children I must hate them! I'm training to be a primary teacher at the moment and have had some pretty hurtful comments esp from H2Bs family and in particular his brother. I don't dislike children - i really enjoy spending time with them in school, I just can't see that being my life away from school at the moment. x