Forum home You & Your Baby

Tips for triggering labour???

Ok ok I know this is a long shot but am due anytime in feb (due on 14th and they say 2 weeks either way) Any suggestions on triggering labour... you know curries, rasberry tea....

• Having sex!?

Worked for my sister... Here's a link about it http://www.storknet.com/cubbies/childbirth/excf12.htm

Good luck xx
  • Was gonna suggest all of the above - ahh the things you learn from "Friends"!
  • DonzyukDonzyuk Posts: 101
    hmmm since thats what got me pregnant in first place.... lol Ian will be very happy!!! haha.
  • Pineapple worked for me. I hadn't had any niggles 2 days before due date, ate half a pineapple and went into labour that night. From 1st contaction to birth was only 1 1/2 hrs. I've heard others recommend it too, though it could all be coincidence.
  • raspberry tea, raspberry tablets, hot bath, hot curry and hot sex image
  • Olive oil and orange juice.

My friend was in slow labour and was in hospital for 1 week, she tried all of the obove and nothing worked.

I went to see her on the friday and took her a bottle of orange juice with a teaspoon of olive oil in itl she drank that and has Tayla 8 hours later.......

xx
  • jones2bjones2b Posts: 199
    i had a hot curry then a few hours later went on a car ride over bumps, next morning waters broke and had my little boy few hours after that
    hey guys thought i'd give you an update..... been shopping got pineapple! Couldn't find the raspberry leaf guess i'll need to get that from health store. Did bumpy car ride last night and had a korma on sat, (does that count as curry???) all i've had so far is indigestion!!! lol not tried the orange juice and olive oil yet amygee, give me a few days though and i'll be on that as well!!!! I'm terrible technically not even due for 10 days! but its like waiting for Christmas!!!
  • i am afraid sometimes baby just comes whan its ready. friend of mine 5 days late tried pineapple , raspberry tea, hot bath, good walk and sex and only being ten days late and getting started worked. But sometimes the fun is in the trying good luck
  • Quoted:
    hey guys thought i'd give you an update..... been shopping got pineapple! Couldn't find the raspberry leaf guess i'll need to get that from health store. Did bumpy car ride last night and had a korma on sat, (does that count as curry???) all i've had so far is indigestion!!! lol not tried the orange juice and olive oil yet amygee, give me a few days though and i'll be on that as well!!!! I'm terrible technically not even due for 10 days! but its like waiting for Christmas!!!

Keep us updated!!

I never find any raspberry leaf tea from the local supermarket, i get mine from Holland & Barratts, so give them a try.

I only eat chicken korma... but doubt it would help to trigger a labour, lol... try something hotter / spicier - if you can handle it!!

Good luck with a healthy labour honey!! xx
  • I went 10 days overdue! So believe me i tried everything. When i was 5 days overdue h2b took me for a meal at tgi fridays, except it was horrible, very greasy tasting. Next day i woke up with contractions and it all kicked off from there! Still took another 5 five days for the little rascal to arrive!

I think its best just to try and keep active, lots of walking if you can manage it!

Cat xxx
  • KylierukKylieruk Posts: 111
    Had my daughter in May and I was 12 days late. I tried everything (pineapple, curry, walking, swimming, raspberry leaf tea etc) and the only thing that worked was sex. It wasn't comfortable or particularly enjoyable but I went in to labour the following morning and narrowly missed being induced which I was dreading! Good luck!!! xxx
  • CarlycukCarlycuk Posts: 1,877
    Hi! I'm due in 4 weeks and have started to look into this as I know I'm going to be so impatient for him to come out! I already am in all honesty, had enough now, but he won't be full term until next week so I need him to hold in there at least until then!

Re the sex thing-the reason it's supposed to trigger labour is semen is a source of prostuglandins (sp?) which help to get everything ready, and apparantly the best and quickest way for these to get where they need to go is to ingest them, so it should be swallowed, if you get what I mean? Yuk! I certainly can't see me doing that in 4 weeks time, I'll just stick with the sex I think!

As for pineapple, it's something to do with the enzymes that it contains, but if you read one of the medical sites or speak to your midwife, they'll tell you that in order for it to be effective, you'll need to eat between 8 and 10 whole fresh pineapples in a day, so if you have heartburn constantly like me, that probably isn't really an option for you!

Think we may just be stuck with these little people inside us until they're ready to pop out-please let it be soon!

Carly xxx
  • The idea behind curry is the spicy food irritates the gut, causes an attack of the trots, upsetting the uterus and starting labour. And the semen prostoglandins it all good too.

I would say, go for the raspberry leaf tea, but need to start that about 36 weeks.

If ready now you need something really spicey, then the pineapple, (same idea as the hot food) Then lots of sex, twice a day to get it going.

Good luck!!!

Ali

xxx
    Hi everyone, its still in there!!! Gingerali you've def put me off the curry! Baby can stay put!!!

New plan is.... my mum wants me to have baby on 13th February as its her birthday but also as my granddad (her dad) died on that day seven years ago so it will be nice for it to be a happy day again. So what i'm planning is.... Tues the 12th wake H2B up for morning sex (hopefully he wont be too bothered that its purely to get baby out and not because i'm lusting after him!) then pinapple yogurt with fresh pineapple for brekkie, we've now planned a night out on the tuesday kinda like a last supper for the both of us without baby (that way it'll be sods law that i go into labour) will go on long walk during the day and if I get to the meal part i'm going to eat so much baby will have to come out as they'll be no room in belly!!!! So go into labour on 12th give birth after a really quick 2 couple of hours without pain... have baby just after midnight, have darling baby who sleeps all through the night get discharged next morning... What do you reckon.... think it could work??? image what can I say i'm an optimist!!!!