Forum home You & Your Baby

Male Muscle bulking supplements and ttc

Hi All

Just wanted some advice on supplements. My hubby goes to the gym a couple of times a week, and takes muscle bulking supplements - I've always found this fairly amusing (he's a slim build), anyway never really thought they were a good idea - and now as we are about to enter the ttc world I'm wondering if they are safe for the old fertility?! I can't find anything about negative side effects on the internet - so wondering if this is a good sign or not. Do any of you have any advice on this.

Many thanks

• My H2B also takes this. I don't think it will stop you conceiving as I am 6 weeks pg but it is a question I was going to put to my midwife as to whether there are any dangers.

I will let you know what she says.

Leanne
  • my h2b has been taking protine supplements (also slim build) and im now 14weeks, my midwife found it very funny and given the dates he started taking them says it could have help with ttc as we had been having trubble uptill 8weeks after he started taking it, dont think she would advice it though image

good luck

xxx

• Thanks - and congrats to you both!!

I spent a long time on tinternet and couldn't find anything negative - so fingers crossed xx
  • thanks and best of luck to the two of you

shall cross my fingers for you and well (werd i know) my toes too

xxx