Forum home Archived You & Your wedding announcements

Dec/Jan Cosmo Bride - tell us what you think!

Hi everyone

The December/January issue of Cosmo Bride is now on sale. Please post all your comments and suggestions in this thread as we'd love to get your feedback.

Click on the magazine cover on the left hand side of the page for a sneak preview of what's inside.

Thanks

Web Ed

[Modified by: webeditor on 06 December 2007 15:14:34 ]

• RosapennyRosapenny Posts: 4,249
    I enjoyed it as usual as it is my favourite magazine, however I would have liked to have seen a bigger hair issue, I would also love to see a really big bumper beauty issue, covering everything from hair to skin and to make-up and what products that are out there and tried and tested products and what your readers recommend e.g I love Dior tropical orchid blusher I want to know what other people's favourites are.
  • I was a bit disappointed by the hair ???????special???????. I've got waist length, very thick, curly hair and there wasn't a single style that was suitable for me! I know my hair's unusually long but it's not unique and I want something special for my wedding too!

I agree with Roaspenny that a ???????bumper beauty issue??????? would be great.

Also, I subscribe and I'd like to know why I didn't get the receptions magazine that was mentioned in the editorial and that I've seen in the shops? The small print when I subscribed said that I might not get all the promotional items and that's fine - I don't mind not getting a advertiser's dvd! But not giving people who have paid in advance, something that is advertised as part of the magazine, seems unfair.

Joy xx
  • mrslailamrslaila Posts: 1,069
    I bought it for the first time this month and I was really happy with it. There were lots of useable ideas that weren't at completely out of reach prices. Also lots of summery ideas for receptions at the time when summer brides will be thinking about this part of their day.
  • Katza84Katza84 Posts: 787
    i like it, its my fave mag of them all (and yes i get them ALL!) the only thing id like is for it to be bigger! (and monthly 2 months is too long to wait!)
  • dissapointed with hair "special" out of 40 pics only 2 were short and neither was anything special. why is it designers only use models with long hair etc there are plenty of us out there.
  • cathymukcathymuk Posts: 2,675
    more hair ideas needed, and LOVE the receptions special. It has gorgeous ideas and lots of them.

The mag needs more real weddings, 3 is just not enough. I bought it alongside Wedding mag and I am afraid I thought Wedding had better features and more ideas.

I can get beauty tips from other mags, its style, flowers, ceremony info I am keen for. Please can we have more?
  • i agree with chris'sjoy about the hair styles and not reciving the receptions magazine,

i also have very curly hair and would love to have a step by step guide on curly hairstyles as i'm really struggling to come up with ideas and i also want to do my hair my self. vanessa
  • vicki2323vicki2323 Posts: 2,451
    I loved the hair section and actually think i will use the undone look for my wedding. The only problem is their are no pictures online so that i can show suppliers as i am looking for silk flowers made like this and can't find another picture like this. Quite frustrating. If you know where i can get one plaese let me know Web Ed.