My Stationary, what do you think?

I have made a mock up of my invites and place cards and would like your opinions. Please ignor the stamping on the invite i need a lot more practise on it and i was trying to lign the stamps up which didnt quite work! I know they are not the best but i wanted something that was cheap to make and very quick and easy to do, so...................

What do you think?...

I am also going to do thank you cards, small menu cards and RSVPs to match x

• nats2013nats2013 Posts: 6,253
    its hard to see cause the image is so small but looks really cute!
  • MRMRS2014MRMRS2014 Posts: 1,279

I know, i tried enlarging it but i took it on my camara and couldnt make it any bigger. Thanks, you don't think they are too boring or uncreative? I will see if i can take a bigger pic x

Thats as big as i can get! x

you cant see too well from pic but the butterflies have 3 small diamontes down the middle, and i will make the ribbon neater down the edge so there isnt that slight gap, it was just a quick go to see what they will look like! x

Thanks,  great tip about the ribbon, its been on the roll so all it wants to do is curl up!! Will defo iron it when i do them properly x

• they look lovely, place cards are so pretty! we were at a wedding saturday and they had butterflies as a theme throughout the day too, they had a simple table plan in their colours but had butterflies similar to yours over the table plan as decorations. was really effective!

• nats2013nats2013 Posts: 6,253
    ah that's better. nope i really like them. remember sometimes simple elegance is best and certainly beautiful. i like them!

thanks crazycatlady, i am planning to do a similar table plan as what you have described x

Thanks nats, i just didnt want people thinking they were too simple and boring! H2B likes them and i'm quite pleased with them, apart from the stamping!!

• They look great as nats said simply elegant image

Starting to wonder if mine as too fussy now lol

• They look lovely. Tip for your stamping-use fine sandpaper on the stamp so it absorbs the ink better and you won't need to press as hard and end up with the ring around it. When I did mine I also used a small ink pad and dabbed the ink onto the stamp rather than pushing the stamp into the ink (hope that makes sense?) and clean your stamp every 10-20 stamps even if you wipe it with a baby wipe to stop the ink clogging up.

Thanks girls.

hannahnanna - thanks for the tip, that was the first time i had used a stamp since school image After that attempt i did start practising on a peice of paper so i am getting a little better, what im finding the hardest is that 'wedding' and 'invitation are on the same stamp next to eachother but wont fit across the invites so i was covering the 'invitation' bit and stamping wedding then covering 'wedding' and trying to line the stamp again underneth but slightly to the right and i couldnt get it straight! oh well lots more practise needed before i start the actual stationary, good job ive got over 18 months before they have to go out!! x

nearly mrs s - i just had a look at yours and i think they are great, not too fussy at all. i'm not as creative as you. Inside mine are just going to have the printed paper so not going to have a pic or pattern on it atall, i tried but i couldnt get it go right so i gave up! x