The very loooooong task of making my wedding invitations....

My sister is a graphic designer. I love DIY. So I was never going to buy my invitations! But where to start... I searched the internet and mostly got drawn to floral designs. Here were the pictures that inspired me...

I wrote the wording and my lovely sister got on with designing.

• annacwcannacwc Posts: 803

It took 2 days to print the invitations (and I still need to finish printing the envelopes).

Here is the mock up of how we imagined the invitations would look and the start of the piles of printed card!

I have spent all evening cutting the rsvp cards and the main invitation. I ache a little now! Tomorrow I need to cut, score and fold the maps inserts...

I am half way through cutting out this pile of card... I can't wait to get them finished and sent out!

• amy-lou-22amy-lou-22 Posts: 1,259

Good work! They look like they are going to be worth the hard work image

• MrsJCMrsJC Posts: 2,204

These are lovely - I can't wait to see how they turn out, Anna!

• :D:D Posts: 1,805

They look beautiful image def worth it. I made all my sisters stationary and we looked through her wedding box yesterday, it was lovely to know we had made it all ourselves and it was personal to her. 

• GemgemGemgem Posts: 242

These are really lovely, all the hard work will be worthwhile when your finished x

• NowMrsMackNowMrsMack Posts: 2,535

They're great! Love them!

• JJ2013JJ2013 Posts: 628

Gorgeous! We made ours and it was worth it, had so many compliments about them and I know they're on display in our friends and families homes image

• EllaElla Posts: 32
    Wow! They really are fab!

Thank you for all of the lovely comments - they definitely helped to encourage me to keep going!

We set up a production line at the kitchen table... My mum, sisters and h2b all got stuck in.

We got them finished and posted out finally! We have already had 5 rsvps!! 

Here are the finished design...

• they are beauiful, you've really given me some inspiration! x

• LouBLouB Posts: 1,129 New bride

They are brilliant! Well done you and your team image Invites are my next task, dreading it as imagine it's going to take a looooooong time!

• these invites are AMAZING! So professional looking, just gorgeous! well done!

• misslocketmisslocket Posts: 686

Gorgeous! And good on your family and friends for the swift RSVPs!! Xx

Thank you all for the lovely comments (far more enthusiastic than my family and friends)

I am lucky to have such a talented sister. She hand drew all the flowers then scanned them in and added colour. She is sick of the sight of the flowers... shame as I need to convince her to make all the other bits of stationary that I need!

• They look fantastic! I made my own and I know how long they can take! Weeks for me! It's worth it though when you get the lovely compliments and the RSVPs back through the door! Well done! x