diy favours what do you think?

Had a go at making some favours just wanted to get some opinions before i go for it andmake one for ech guest. we are only having 15 guests (going abroad) and we are having afternoon tea so i wanted something fitting. we are having peacock feathers running through -on the invites, in the flowers, colour of thebm dress. So this is whati have made

This is just the practice but is probably as good as my artistic ability can strech!

The cost about 40p each. What do you think? x

• Mrs MarlerMrs Marler Posts: 183

I like them.

I would be really chuffed if the bride went to the effort to make that for me as a guest!!

• iambiciambic Posts: 103
    I really like them, they're very different & more useful than edible favours! If you have the patience to make them for everyone then I think go for it, they'll be a lovely memento of your special day (maybe make an extra couple for yourself & h2b?) x
  • Malb2b13Malb2b13 Posts: 679

Thank you for your feedback, just nice to have a little reassurence before spending all day painting feathers lol. they dont take very long to make really probably 45 mins and then an hour to bake . its the writing on the rim that i think will take time as to get it central and all in nice writing is tricky but the feather part is pretty quick, its done with metalic paint pens and when you bake them they become permenant which is much easier than a paint brush. i hope the guests like them!

• jendoojendoo Posts: 166
    I love it! Would be so cuffed with a favour like that! So personal! Well done u!
  • :D:D Posts: 1,805

They look beautiful and lovely to keep after the event. I agree it would be lovely to have a Mr and Mrs version! My only worry would be transporting them. I guess you could wrap them up in your clothing on the trip or make some spares just in case?

• jendoojendoo Posts: 166
    ^chuffed

thank you for your comments. i am going to go for it, i have today off so going to try and get them all done today. 2bMrsS i thought about the transport and asked in the shop if they had any boxes and luckily they had 2 boxes of 8 mugs which they hadnt unpacked onto display where there is that padded card inbetween sectioning it and once you have all 8 in they are snug (iso you know what i mean?) so i think they will be fairly safe in those and then h2b and i can carry one each in our hand luggage as we are having one of those carry on suitcases each. i think guests should be okay to wrap their mug in clothes for the journy back- what do u think?

• That's amazing! 40p each?!?!?!?! How did you even get the mugs that cheap? I'm really impressed- you could be selling those as wedding favours!

but of a bargin arnt they! I found the plain white mugs in morrisons 35p each and i already had the edditing pens at home- may need a second set tho but they are only a couple of quid so rounded up to 40p. I got the idea on pintrest saw a lovely plate which had the wedding vowels writen on and it said that if you use sharpie markers and bake them then they become permenant so i thought i would give it a go with the pens i already had and they work!  if you google sharpie plate/mug/bowl there are some lovley example. nice cheap present for kids to do for gran and grandad too? x

I havent however factored in the cost of having my oven on all day! Might decorate then all then do a mass bake!