mini vase place name/ table name holder

So i saw these really cute mini vases on 'not on the high street' and they are £22 for 4!

I think they are aborable but that the price is crazy for what they are. So I decided to DIY them.  I bought salt and peper shakers off Amazon for about £1.50 for 2 and then bought some stiff wire and got making them. 

I want to use them as tabke name holders as i didnt want to make 100 as place name holders (but your could easily).  Anyway, these are the first attempts.  I think they can be improved but for the cost of about £1 each, once they have a little flower in they will look lovely i think!

It was very easy to do with pliers.  Just wrap the wire around the neck of the shaker, leave a bit of wire for height and then coil the wire to insert the card.  The wire I used wa very thick and so it has enough strength to hold a large piece of card.  I am going to buy a little bunch of flowers and make them myself on wedding day (or assign job to a bridesmaid).

• Malb2b13Malb2b13 Posts: 679

very cute!

• :D:D Posts: 1,805

This is a brilliant idea! Thank you so much for sharing as I looked at the mini vases the other day and thought they looked cute.. but expensive! 

• TadpoleTadpole Posts: 2,134 New bride

How clever are you! Love it! xx

• annacwcannacwc Posts: 803
    Brilliant! Have always loved these but thought they were over priced. Great job x
  • Thanks guys.  Hopefully it may inspire another bride to have a go!

• Hmmm, is my last picture upside down for anyone? On my iPad it is upside down and on my laptop it's the right way?!