DIY invitations!

Hi there

ive never been very crafty so need some help! I am making our wedding invitations and need some advice on what adhesive to use to stick the inserts in and the ribbon on the front. I am a bit worried about using glue so was wondering if anyone had come across some decent double sided tape or something like that. I need something strong enough so that they're not going to fall apart!

thanks!

• Super Sticky Tape by Glue Dots is great. Using it for mine. You can get it online or Hobbycraft stock it image

• JodielouJodielou Posts: 4,058

I second glue dots!

• :D:D Posts: 1,805

I would also highly recommend glue dots, its the same way they stick samples in magazines. You can get permanent and re-position-able. If you buy double-sided tape once it is stuck down you wont be able to move it.  

• welshgracewelshgrace Posts: 1,224

I used double sided scotch tape and it worked brilliantly.  Avoid wilkinsons own like the plague though!  I used it for my pocketfolds and they all started to unfold image

The scotch tape stuck the ribbon to the card really well as well and it comes in a really handy dispenser.  I tried glue dots but I felt like it wasn't as secure as it should have been (I didn't want my guests to be able to take them apart)

• Glue dots are truly amazing image

• you should go onto www.imaginedoingityourself.com I have just decided on my DIY invites bits and couldn't have done it without this site!! They have all the ribbons, papers, embellishments, glues, EVERYTHING and brilliant prices!

xx

• Brill! Thanks guys! Loads of help. Will let you know how it goes! Xx

• tinkymootinkymoo Posts: 419

I got some double sided craft tape off ebay! Was cheap and brilliant image

• Best to use super sticky double sided tape (rather than normal tape) - otherwise the ribbon won't stick. You can get it here from Sparkles & Stuff www.sparkles-and-stuff.co.uk. Glue dots are good for certain things but for paper it's much better to use tape image

• I have just finished my invitations and used 'Tesa permanent glue' its like one of those mouse tip-ex's and was brilliant! Am going to be using this for the rest of my DIY projects!!!

xx

• We used glue dots on our engagement invites and it was fab! Xx