What's your reception theme / colour palette?

You & Your Wedding magazine is launching a new feature, where we take one bride's reception decorating brief and ask a top wedding planner to style all the details. The results - from gorgeous stationery and flower ideas to cake and reception details - will appear as a gorgeous and inspiring photo shoot in an upcoming issue. 

So we want to hear from you: are you planning a unique palette or theme idea? struggling with how to make a certain colour combo or design motif work for your day? Tell us about it below or email [email protected] and we may be in touch!

• ClaireBear7ClaireBear7 Posts: 21

As I am a dancer teacher and my fiancé writes and produces his own music we are having a music themed wedding. evrrything is planned to be handmade in order to cut costs, we made our invitations like CD sleeves with a disc as the rsvp and the booklet had all the necessary info plus a comical take on the wedding party members - everyone loved them.

Under a month to the big day now!

• ClaireBear7 wrote (see)

As I am a dancer teacher and my fiancé writes and produces his own music we are having a music themed wedding. evrrything is planned to be handmade in order to cut costs, we made our invitations like CD sleeves with a disc as the rsvp and the booklet had all the necessary info plus a comical take on the wedding party members - everyone loved them.

Under a month to the big day now!

Hope the big day was amazing, Claire! Big love from Team You & Your Wedding! xxx

• Hi brides! We've moved this discussion over to this forum page so please join us there: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/general-chat/whats-your-reception-theme-/-colour-palette/403035.html

• Cherry Blossoms 

Cherry blossom is the unofficial national flower of Japan. (“Sakura” is the Japanese name for cherry tree.).  This beautiful Japanese flower can range in colors from white to a pale pink to dark pink.

Since cherry blossoms are naturally delicate, I would suggest you keep your wedding details simple and fresh. For your guest table centerpieces, you can use tall white vases with only a couple of cherry blossom branches inside.

If you want the reception to have more of a Japanese wedding atmosphere, hang paper lanterns around the room. Use white napkins with pink, or brown napkin rings and slip a small cherry blossom branch under the ring to lie along the length of the napkin.

You can also serve pink champagne for toasting and have some sort of cherry cocktail as a signature drink for your wedding. For guests who don’t drink alcohol, have non-alcoholic cherry punch on hand.Serve some dishes that contain cherries (but be sure to have a choice of something different for those that don’t like cherries).

• Tiffany Blue and white

• Hi Everyone,

I am currently a student studying Events Management at University, and am researching into the impacts of social media on the wedding aspirations of females aged 18-35. I would really appreciate it if anyone could spare just a few minutes to complete this survey. I need 100 respondents, so I would be very grateful for anyone who could take part.

https://qtrial2015az1.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_b9nFIZL3ZUkfE4B

Ellie xx

• Eugenia-Eugenia- Posts: 121

We're having a Greece themed day (I'm half Greek) - colour scheme is electric blue and yellow - we're using sunflowers and lemons on the table as centre pieces image 

• mileymiley Posts: 34

we are also having greece themed day ! image

• Eugenia-Eugenia- Posts: 121

What a great theme Miley!! Would love to share some ideas image 

• I love the Moroccan themed décor.

• Jo70Jo70 Posts: 4

We will have a vintage-theme with a focus on the colour orange image it is a little bit special but fits perfectly our reception room.

• Rara1409Rara1409 Posts: 10

We are getting married on NYE so we will be using this as the basis of our theme, our colours are black and silver with a splash of red and we will be making the most of what winter has to offer in our decorations and flowers.

• Joseph25Joseph25 Posts: 2

cool!

• Joseph25Joseph25 Posts: 2

If you want to know more about weddings, modern wedding styles and fashion just click the link http://www.weddingforward.com/simple-wedding-dresses/ to visit the biggest resource for wedding preparation. Here you can find a lot of brand new information and billions of creative ideas about weddings. I used the resource to prepare for my own wedding. It was really helpful. Especially I liked photos and article about a right way to combine the wedding dress with the place and the style of the wedding. I really can safety recommend the resource to everyone.