Saved a fortune

I have got back from rhodes and after walking through the old town my dress gathered a load of dirt. My train was black and it was dirty a third way up my dress. The shop I bought my dress from told me to put it in the washing machine with non bio and it will be like new. The thought of this freaked me out. You can't wash an expensivee wedding dress right. Well after getting quotes for dry cleaning I thought to myself, this lady must know what she is talking about she has made her own dresses and worked in the industry 40 years. 

So I felt brave and turned it inside out and put it in a bed sheet. 30 delicate cycle non bio, dress came out and was still marks but lighter. 

So husband without my knowledge put normal washing powder in on a 50 degree cycle and had come out brand new , not faded and perfectly clean. 

You would never have known it was black. 

So I have saved £150.

here are some wedding pics 

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152463590494267.1073741900.49253359266&type=1

• herstoryherstory Posts: 1,268

Your photos are fab!

My dress is getting closer and closer to the washing machine, just want an acid free box to put it in afterwards.

• Purple rainPurple rain Posts: 926

I was panicking as I have to wear it for an evening reception in two weeks but all is fine. Phew. 

• herstoryherstory Posts: 1,268

Glad you got it sorted image

• I slung mine in the washing machine on a gentle wash (it is polyester) thinking 'What's the worst that can happen... hardly likely to wear it again?!' - Spent a nail-biting half an hour watching it, panicing and regretting it until I punced on the machine the second it stopped...

Came out like new, just a bit of stitching come loose (due to the weight) on the bodice (where it meets the zip) - PHEW!! Hung it ong the line (by the waist, over the line) and put it in the airing cupboard for a few days.

Have a great party!!

• I slung mine in the washing machine on a gentle wash (it is polyester) thinking 'What's the worst that can happen... hardly likely to wear it again?!' - Spent a nail-biting half an hour watching it, panicing and regretting it until I punced on the machine the second it stopped...

Came out like new, just a bit of stitching come loose (due to the weight) on the bodice (where it meets the zip) - PHEW!! Hung it ong the line (by the waist, over the line) and put it in the airing cupboard for a few days.

Ps Photos are great! Have a great party!!