Honest opinion on button bouquet

hi, 

move decided to make my own button bouquets for myself and my bridesmaids. I've started one (and completely underestimated the amount of time it takes) I showed it to my mother who said it would have been better all in one colour. My wedding is a geeky wedding and doesn't have a set colour scheme but my bridesmaids will be in different pastel shade dresses. 

What are people's opinions on the one I have started....I plan on using some pearls and smaller buttons to fill in some of the gaps one I have the main structure done. image

• NozomiNozomi Posts: 161

That looks amazing! Well done!! I like the different colours too :)

• Marija2Marija2 Posts: 362

Aww this is so cute! I love it and love the different colours. You could always try putting some of the same colour buttons together just to have an idea hot it looks like. or you could have one colour, and bridesmaids the colourful ones. Although I do think this one looks fab. I would just personally remove the lace bit but it's jist a personal preference ;) 

• MrsJ2017MrsJ2017 Posts: 3,017

I like the different colours especially if youre having mismatched bridesmaid dresses.

• missmarvelmissmarvel Posts: 219
    Marija2 wrote (see post):

Aww this is so cute! I love it and love the different colours. You could always try putting some of the same colour buttons together just to have an idea hot it looks like. or you could have one colour, and bridesmaids the colourful ones. Although I do think this one looks fab. I would just personally remove the lace bit but it's jist a personal preference ;) 

The lace is just to hide the wire stems underneath, it was either lace or a silk/satin type thing that I wasn't keen on :) 

• missmarvelmissmarvel Posts: 219

Thank you for your comments, I keep second guessing every thing we are making (which is a lot!) ha ha and I still have a year to go 

• CE26CE26 Posts: 349 New bride

Its gorgeous! 

I've made my own bouquet out of fabric flowers - I still have centre piece flowers and button holes to go so a lot more crafting to come. 

• Charlotte237Charlotte237 Posts: 274 New bride

I don't actually like button bouquets generally, but I have to admit I think yours looks lovely. Really cute. And I think the mismatched pastel colours work really well together. 

• Maria60Maria60 Posts: 113

Looks very nice and unusual!) Combination of colors is very beautiful!