Has anyone made DIY Hangers for bridesmaids

Just wondering if anyone has made their own hangers. On Ebay/Etsy they seem to be anywhere from £10-£20, if you did your own how did you do them and what did they turn out like?

• I'm planning on doing my own, I have some quite thick wooden hangers from primark and intend to cut out the words with my silhouette portrait onto stick back vinyl to stick on, add a bow in the right colour and hopefully they'll look half decent! 

Its worth a shot as it'll mean they are like £4 each instead of £10! Plus I already have all the things so technically it's not costing me anything to try!

• Nightspark wrote (see post):

I'm planning on doing my own, I have some quite thick wooden hangers from primark and intend to cut out the words with my silhouette portrait onto stick back vinyl to stick on, add a bow in the right colour and hopefully they'll look half decent! 

Its worth a shot as it'll mean they are like £4 each instead of £10! Plus I already have all the things so technically it's not costing me anything to try!

I have just been on ebay and found a set of vinyl stickers, with name role and date for 99p each, the hangers i found were 5 for £2.50 from wilkinsons, and i'm thinking to add some diamantes along the sides, post some pictures once you have made them!

• I used the website Tilbos. They took a little while to arrive but it was 64p for stickers/transfers for each hanger and included name, role and date.

I bought a pack of 8 white wooden hangers in IKEA - can't remember the exact price but only a couple of pounds.

I've stuck on some diamanté type stick on sparkles that were left over from making invites and tied ribbon in a bow around the hook part.

I'm not the most artistic person but I think they've come out ok!

• MrsLMTMrsLMT Posts: 3,830

I was looking at these and wondered how easy it would be to make my own. Thanks for the tips ladies! 

• I haven't made my own but ordered these...

https://www.facebook.com/keepsakememoryprints/

They had a special offer running so I ended up getting 1 hanger/ ch flute for me/ 5 bm hangers and ch flutes/ 3 ch flutes for mum, aunt and nan for £55 in total including post & packaging! I thought that was pretty good value so could be worth a look as don't think it'd work out much cheaper to make them? They havent arrived yet but very excited to recieve them!!! :D x

• MrsE2016MrsE2016 Posts: 1,206 New bride

I've made my own - they're really easy to do! 

I bought white wooden hangers from Wilkos, Metallic sharpies to write with & ribbon to match my bridesmaid dresses, and ivory ribbon for mine. Tied a ribbon around the neck. Cost me less than £1 per hanger!

PM me if you want pictures as I don't want to post names on here!

• MrsCFMrsCF Posts: 155

I did exactly the same as September bride.

Got wooden hangers from IKEA and wrote their names in sharpie pen and tied a navy blue ribbon round the neck- exactly the same ribbon we used for the invites which so match their dress. 

• Jenni8Jenni8 Posts: 3,201
    Italy Bride 2017 wrote (see post):

I haven't made my own but ordered these...

https://www.facebook.com/keepsakememoryprints/

They had a special offer running so I ended up getting 1 hanger/ ch flute for me/ 5 bm hangers and ch flutes/ 3 ch flutes for mum, aunt and nan for £55 in total including post & packaging! I thought that was pretty good value so could be worth a look as don't think it'd work out much cheaper to make them? They havent arrived yet but very excited to recieve them!!! :D x

£55?! I think that is extortionate! Champagne flutes aside, I am budgeting £10 total for the hangers, and like other girls have said thats about £3-4 on the hangers, and 99p per transfer. 

For champagne flutes I think it will be equally as cheap, you can pick up cheap flutes at the local supermarket and the transfer would be the same, 99p each from Ebay.

• Haha oh well I suppose it's not 'cheap' compared to making them yourself but it was a lot cheaper than the other websites I saw and tbh I'm not particularly crafty so the time and stress it's saving me is definitely worth it! X

• I did mine! I just got the hangers from IKEA (Works out at 50p each probably) and ordered some diamante things off amazon (99p!)

This photo isnt very clear, you can actually read the 'bridesmaid' word in real lifeimage

• And i obviously havent finished mine...