Forum home Your DIY ideas

Invites!

Hi all

We're having a go at designing our own invites and want to start mocking up a few designs on paper. We'd like to have peoples names printed on each invite and so we'll be printing them ourselves rather than taking them to a company to print or designing them on a website and them send us the finished product with a gap for names. 

Has anyone else done this? Where have people got the paper from? I feel like I'm keeping Hobbycraft in business at the moment and there's got to be a cheaper website out there! The cheap ones I've found all quote paper in packs of 30+ and we just want like 2 sheets of a few colours to play around. 

H

• MrsJamesMrsJames Posts: 406 New bride

Hi, 

Not sure if this is too late, but http://www.pdacardandcraft.co.uk/ are fab!

I originally only ordered my pocketfolds from them, as I had every intention of designing and printing the inserts myself. In the end I designed the inserts, sent them the PDF files and what size I wanted each insert and they printed them for me. Very reasonable pricing.

Ordered some proofs last week because I couldn't decide on the card/colours and had them the next day. Ordered all my inserts on Sunday and they arrived yesterday. 

I hope this helps.

• Lauren147Lauren147 Posts: 185

We used paperbox. You can buy a colour wheel of paper  (about £2) and then by the exact amount of paper you want. 

And yes they had so many shades of white

• wed172Bwed172B Posts: 1,258

I have also bought my stuff from pda and can recommend them great price and I live near the store and all the ladies working there were nice and helpful