Too soon.....?

we're getting married on 27 April 2017 and I've been picking up jars to decorate with lace and hessian as well as ribbons to match our colour scheme. Is it too early to start decorating them now? I'm just getting excited to prep the final touches! 

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

I think people tend to under estimate how long diy for your wedding takes, the more you can get done early the better surely!

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 3,845 New bride

Get started on those DIY projects asap! I have several on the go, that have been on the go for at least 6 months!! I can't imagine leaving them until just before the wedding. Normally you need time to collect bits like jam jars.

• NikkiMNikkiM Posts: 1,653 New bride

I've decorated mine with 6 months to go. As the other ladies have said, DIY takes longer than expected so it's better to spread it out over a few months than leave it all until the weeks running up to your wedding. As long as you have room to store things, go for it!

• MrsLMTMrsLMT Posts: 3,830

I plan on starting on my DIY projects after Christmas  with the aim to get it finished within the 12 months. I've already started collecting my jars, ladder, picture frames. 

• Jenni8Jenni8 Posts: 3,201

I agree with everyone else, get going now. The only thing I wanted to add was that of all my DIY projects, I did decide to leave my Jam jar decoration (also lace) until closer to the time (that was at 15 months to go). The reason I decided this was that I am planning on using double sided tape rather then messing around with glue, and my mum cleverly pointed out that it would be really annoying to do it now, and then the tape loose it's stickiness and have to do it all again (I have like 80 jars lol). But then I am in the fortunate position that I have a month off work 4 months before the wedding therefore have option of leaving lots of stuff to do in this time. Just something to consider  Have fun!

• Thank you so much ladies! I will have to make a start!! So exciting! Xx

• Mimi8Mimi8 Posts: 314 New bride

I agree get going as soon as , you never know what other things might take up your time nearer the day !  Xx

• Hey Jamie41, 

I am getting married on 27 April 2017 as well!  

Don't think it is too early at all, I am doing quite a few DIY things for the wedding and started them a month or so ago! (If not earlier!!  I'm too impatient) 

Better to have them done early then stressing about time leading up to the day!

Jenny xx

• MrsEtobe3 wrote (see post):

Hey Jamie41, 

I am getting married on 27 April 2017 as well!  

Don't think it is too early at all, I am doing quite a few DIY things for the wedding and started them a month or so ago! (If not earlier!!  I'm too impatient) 

Better to have them done early then stressing about time leading up to the day!

Jenny xx

thanks ladies!

oh mrsetobe I hope the weather is nice for us!!

xx