Painting/glittering glass jars

NikkiMNikkiM Posts: 1,651 New bride

I have 4 jars of various sizes holding the table flowers and candles and was thinking of maybe painting one jar and adding glitter to the candle holders. 

Has anyone done this with ssuccess? What did you do?

• Jenni8Jenni8 Posts: 3,201

I've not done it yet but I read to use modge podge and glitter so that's what I'll do. For painting I think maybe spray paint as that is suitable for all materials?

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 3,594 New bride

I've done mine using mod podge, loose glitter and masking tape (as I glittered lines onto them). It's easy but a bit messy, h2b is still complaining months later about finding glitter everywhere lol.

• Laura349Laura349 Posts: 994 New bride

I craft quite a lot, and use mod podge all the time! It's STUPIDLY messy though, so do it over a large bowl!

My h2b is the same, complaining that glitter is everywhere - the cat even got covered once as she knocked my hand when I was doing it! - Oops!

• Katherine66Katherine66 Posts: 1,234

Im spray painting mine and the horse shoes.  

Copydex glue works well for glittering stuff.  

• Mimi8Mimi8 Posts: 314

i use modge podge too , do a couple of layers then use a spray adhesive to set the glitter otherwise it will shed everywhere . Lots of bags Of cheap glitter online and goes a long way. Looks great  With half glitter as above making tape gives a clean line .