Forum home Your DIY ideas

Wedding hangers

Those who are having pretty hangers for the wedding morning, who are you having them for?

And who is getting ready with you?

Im wondering if people are getting/making hangers for, say, MIL or nanas who wont be getting ready there, as a little way to include them and a keepsake.

• Tanya128Tanya128 Posts: 1,993

I've made hangers for 7.

at my house there will be me (obviously!) and 3 bridesmaids

ive also done a hanger for my fiancé and my mum and dad they will all be getting ready at my parents house. Yep very brave of my OH to spend the night at the in laws house!!

• MrsLMTMrsLMT Posts: 3,830

I'm only getting hangers for myself, my mum and MOH. I did consider making these myself but someone recommended The Monochrome Bow on Etsy and they are £3.50 each. 

• wed172Bwed172B Posts: 1,258

I am making them bought all the bits just need to put together I have done for bridesmaid plus both mums and my SIL as she will be getting ready with us as 2 bms are her daughters. Have then done them for groom plus best men

• MrsCFMrsCF Posts: 155

I recommend Monochrome Bow, they were amazing but they do take a few weeks delivery.

I bought for my mum, my two bridesmaids and they made a child's size one for my flower girl. I got a black groom one from there too and I later added one for my MIL even though she wasn't getting ready with me as part of a gift box I had made for her.

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

I also got them from monochrome bow and they were so cheap it didn't seem worth the time or hassle to make them myself! It's just for me and the two bridesmaids.

• Victoria197Victoria197 Posts: 722 New bride

I got mine from Esty, from PrettyTwistsBoutique. I am very happy with them not as cheap at £70 for the 4, I feel they were worth it but I have got:

The Bride , Bridesmaid, Mother of the Bride and Sister of the Groom.

This is my party of people on the morning, there is no MoG, as she passed away

• Mrs CrawleyMrs Crawley Posts: 211 New bride

I'm making my hangers but did consider buying them ha I am rather lazy at times 😂 Already bought our names, roles, wedding date and pretty little bows which I got from ebay. I will be making mine, my maid of honor, my bridesmaid, flower girl, mother of the bride, the groom and two page boys..not sure about the best men yet x

• MoggleMoggle Posts: 556 New bride

I made mine - cost just over £13 total for 5 bridesmaids, me, mother of the bride, stepmum of the bride and grandma of the bride.

I did them a bit differently from the usual - hangers with a paper or fabric flower on it and painted just their names on the hangers (I figured this way, they could use the hanger again without it just saying bridesmaid, etc on it). I bought some wooden hearts from Etsy which I painted and wrote their roles on and then tied the hearts to the hangers with navy polka dot ribbon. I'm really happy with how they turned out 

I would've made them for my mum, Grandma, etc even if they weren't getting ready with me. I think they'll love the keepsake. I'm only not making MIL one because we really aren't close...