Marquee flooring

Hi everyone, 

we've booked our church and reception venue for our wedding in July 2018. We are having a marquee for the reception, possibly all the way through until the evening too. The venue failed to tell us that they do not provide flooring for the marquee and it is grass only. Does anybody know of any cheap alternatives for marquee flooring? 

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

Can the venue help? Surely previous brides must have had the same problem.

• Zoey8Zoey8 Posts: 4

Hi Halis, I'm afraid not, they don't provide flooring at all. 

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

No I mean they must know what other couples have done?

Hails wrote (see post):

No I mean they must know what other couples have done?

Possibly, I have seen a few photos from other couples that have used the venue and they all seem to be grass only. 

• Jenni8Jenni8 Posts: 3,201

I don't know about throughout the whole marquee, but lots of DJs will be able to provide/point you in the direction of a dancefloor. So if you are happy with grass in the rest then you could go down this route. I agree with Hails - the venue should advise you on this really. Or the Marquee company they use at least. Remember that your venue is the expert on their own set up and should be your first port of call for a question like this.

Jenni8 wrote (see post):

I don't know about throughout the whole marquee, but lots of DJs will be able to provide/point you in the direction of a dancefloor. So if you are happy with grass in the rest then you could go down this route. I agree with Hails - the venue should advise you on this really. Or the Marquee company they use at least. Remember that your venue is the expert on their own set up and should be your first port of call for a question like this.

Thanks Jenni, we have a meeting with them on the 15 April so I am going to discuss it with them then. The Dj is included in their quote as it is just a member of their staff that will be plying music throughout the evening from our playlist. If they definatlay cannot provide any flooring, then I am going to ask if we can bring in our own marquee from a company but still pay the venue for the catering and of course people will be paying for drinks throughout the day/evening. They've been so bad with their communication as well that I feel like telling them to keep the deposit and we will find another venue.