DIY invitations - Help needed...

So I've started making my own pocket fold wedding invitations, I have the pocket fold themselves and the inserts completed  (finally)

I'm trying to do lace bands to go around the pocket folds. I found a tutorial where I cut the band in card with enough overlap to glue together and I've got as far as sticking the lace onto the card (double sided tape worked fine for that bit).

Sticking the overlap together seems to be the problematic part, so far I've tried:

Double sided tape

PVA Glue 

Tacky Glue

Spray adhesive (which turned my lace green)

A basic craft glue

None of these have been stong enough to hold the overlap together. 

Does anyone have any recommendations for what I can use instead?

Thanks in advance 

• Katherine66Katherine66 Posts: 1,234

Mine were stuck together using little adhesive spots which did not show leak or stain.  they are sticky on both sides but i dont know where you can get them.  

• MrsJamesMrsJames Posts: 406 New bride
    Katherine66 wrote (see post):

Mine were stuck together using little adhesive spots which did not show leak or stain.  they are sticky on both sides but i dont know where you can get them.  

Thanks I'll have a look for them :) 

• AureaAurea Posts: 46

Might be a good idea to try a hot glue gun ;)

• I'd physically take your stuff down to Hobbycraft and ask them. The lady in my local store was really helpful and knew what glue to use for what stuff.

• Mrs AyseMrs Ayse Posts: 561

Hobbycraft have both the glue gun and the sticky spots.  I used the sticky spots to glue down little bows on mine (pic below);

Invitations:

Thanks everyone. I decided I'd give the tacky glue another go and put weights on top while the glue dried and I've successfully managed to complete a few. 

Here's how they look:

AyseO wrote (see post):

Hobbycraft have both the glue gun and the sticky spots.  I used the sticky spots to glue down little bows on mine (pic below);

Invitations:

Your invitations look lovely :) 

MrsCarnegie2be wrote (see post):

They're beautiful MrsJ2b17 ❤

Thank you ❤

• Mrs AyseMrs Ayse Posts: 561
    MrsJ2b17 wrote (see post):
    AyseO wrote (see post):

Invitations:

Awww thank you! Glad you've managed to get some done. I need to do the rest of mine tomorrow as I underestimated how much I needed! JOY! X

AyseO wrote (see post):
    MrsJ2b17 wrote (see post):
    AyseO wrote (see post):

Invitations:

Awww thank you! Glad you've managed to get some done. I need to do the rest of mine tomorrow as I underestimated how much I needed! JOY! X

Oh that's no good, did you have spare materials?

I've overestimated how many I need so hopefully I won't have to do any more once I'm done. Fingers Crossed!!