Forum home Your DIY ideas

Centre piece opinions

good afternoon. 

Please can I have your opinions on this centre piece, I'm still unsure if it is good enoughimage

• Kelly241Kelly241 Posts: 392 New bride

I think it's very pretty and would look lovely as a centre piece.

What month are you getting married?  And what would you be adding onto the branches?

I would personally say as it is, it looks bare (the branches), and would need something adding on to it.

But, I'm no stylist as I'm paying for someone to do mine, but I really do like it.

x

• Lauren147Lauren147 Posts: 185

I really like and wonder if you need the branches? 

It might block peoples view of those opposite and then you have the having to look around the centerpiece to talk to everyone.

• MrsLMTMrsLMT Posts: 3,830

I think lose the branches. I love the gold jug with the flowers. Very pretty x 

• I Agree! Lose the branches unless you have a plan for them? Like it could be lovely to hang/peg some pictures of you both together onto these and then that would add something to it but otherwise I'd just go with the flowers on the wood with candles. Looks really pretty! :)

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

think it works better without the branches, they look sparse and will block people's view.

• AlisonMaryAlisonMary Posts: 210

Yup - I agree with the above. I think it would look lovely without the branches. x

• MyrtleMyrtle Posts: 107

Thank you all for your opinions :) I agree with all of you about the branches, any ideas on where we could use them? They are from my grandparents cremation plot and my mum really wants me to use them

• MrsLMTMrsLMT Posts: 3,830

How about using a taller vase and then buying the small picture frames to hang from the branchest showing photos of your grandparents and any other loved one you have lost? 

• MrsJamesMrsJames Posts: 406 New bride

I think it looks lovely, although I do agree that the branches look out of place.

FutureMrsThomas' idea about hanging photos from the branches is a lovely idea. That doesn't have to be a centrepiece though. I've known some people have a memory table with candles and a poem/saying about lost family members etc. Might be worth doing something like that. I'd use the same sort of set up as the centrepieces though so it will tie in nicely. 

Something like this:

• AureaAurea Posts: 46

Since it has a lot of meaning for you definitely use the branches but not in the center pieces. 

The idea of hanging pictures is really good. I would say get a big vase or something where you can put all the branches together and dedicate a place for it. Decorate it, hang the pictures and make it look nice. Here is another idea for you to get some inspiration. image

• lauren318lauren318 Posts: 482

looks lovely, could you add some fake flowers to the branches or take them out and add a few single flowers? x

• mrspea2bemrspea2be Posts: 275 New bride

i think they look beautiful ! I love the jars ! . could you maybe add to the branches as they are sentimental you should definatly keep them, maybe some black and white photos ? x

• MyrtleMyrtle Posts: 107

I love the ideas of hanging photos off the branches. Thank you all so much for your opinions and ideas :) 

• MrsRendall2BMrsRendall2B Posts: 749 New bride

At my cousin's wedding they had something similar for loved ones who sadly couldn't be there. Theirs was a vase for the two grandfathers/one grandmother that had passed so my Nan and the bride's mum carried a rose down the aisle to put in the vase. Was very touching. Maybe you could have your mum/yourself/others carry down a photo to hang on the branches at the end of the aisle?