Calligraphy course

Has anyone done a calligraphy course And would they recommend them?

we are getting married in 2019 (no date set yet we have only just begun planning!) and I love modern calligraphy and would like it on our stationery and things on the day such as seating plan, name cards, etc. I was considering doing a course but my fiancé thinks it will cost as much to do that and all the equipment and it means it will all fall on me to do. I'm also not particularly arty/crafty but would like to try and handmake a few bits to personalise the dayso im worried I will find it too difficult or not get good enough.

would be interested to know if anyone's found them useful or worth the money? I'm in London and have found evening courses for about £100. 

• Tanya128Tanya128 Posts: 1,993

I didn't do a course but I did watch loads of YouTube videos on calligraphy, I decided to keep it simple and do italic lettering, I practised at home and then just went for it! I had numerous comments on how it looked lovely on the invitations. I don't think that £100 is bad for a course, sounds like fun and would be something I would have considered if I had 2.Years of wedding planning ahead of me. You never know you might learn a new skill that will become a lifelong hobby.