Show me your stationery!

I need to stop posting on here lol I just want all the ideas!

I've done like 8 different save the date prototypes but here's my favourite...

Front 

Back 

imageimage

The bit on the tracing paper says "join us in Northumberland" because a lot of people are travelling they'll need to book more than one day off and then underneath it says #HelenAndMattySayIDo 

Then around the sunflower (painted with acrylics, same as the leaves on the front) it says "invitation to follow".

• Here's ours - we printed the StDs ourselves and had the invites done by Vistaprint.  We decided very early on that we wanted the stationery to reflect our venue and colour scheme.

• Oh my that's gorgeous!! Love that you've made it yourself, so personal! Also the metallic look is so pretty! 

I've not done ours yet, but plan to (hopefully, if they let me) take photos of my two cats wearing little wooden signs with "Our humans are getting married! Save the Date!" or words to that effect haha! Not exactly pretty like yours and others I have seen but wanted to incorporate the little monsters in some way and think it'll reflect us as a couple pretty well :')

Seriously though, those designs are beautiful! (I love DIY stuff!!) x

Remember, when stressed, simply channel your inner Bridechilla: Take a sand bath, munch some veggies, then chew on a wooden stick... wait... no... that's a Chinchilla... 

My planning thread
  • LittleLottieJayne wrote (see post):

Oh my that's gorgeous!! Love that you've made it yourself, so personal! Also the metallic look is so pretty! 

I've not done ours yet, but plan to (hopefully, if they let me) take photos of my two cats wearing little wooden signs with "Our humans are getting married! Save the Date!" or words to that effect haha! Not exactly pretty like yours and others I have seen but wanted to incorporate the little monsters in some way and think it'll reflect us as a couple pretty well :')

Seriously though, those designs are beautiful! (I love DIY stuff!!) x

I loooove that idea! I did think about having a picture of my little boy (11 months today waah he's so big) holding a similar sign! "Mummy and Daddy are getting married!" but I decided I wanted to do something DIY with paint so yeah lol 

Still love mine! I've yet to see anything similar on here :) We had Save the Dates and matching invites made by a lady on Etsy.

• Awhelenqt wrote (see post):
    I loooove that idea! I did think about having a picture of my little boy (11 months today waah he's so big) holding a similar sign! "Mummy and Daddy are getting married!" but I decided I wanted to do something DIY with paint so yeah lol 

D'awwwwwwhhhh that would be so cute! Are you having a website? Maybe you could put that photo on there! As like a home page greeting or something! :) 

Weatherwaxe -  Wow I've seen nothing like them before! I'm a big lover of woodland animals so they're right up my street! Loving the colours and all of the drama! 

x

Remember, when stressed, simply channel your inner Bridechilla: Take a sand bath, munch some veggies, then chew on a wooden stick... wait... no... that's a Chinchilla... 

My planning thread
  • weatherwaxe wrote (see post):

Still love mine! I've yet to see anything similar on here :) We had Save the Dates and matching invites made by a lady on Etsy.

Ooh my God! Well now I hate mine 😂😂😂 

They are so gorgeous oh my God!

• MrsJamesMrsJames Posts: 405 New bride

Absolutely love your save the dates, especially the fact that they are hand painted. I think the sunflower would look lovely on the corner of your name cards too (if you're having a seating plan that is)

I made all of our stationary for our wedding but ours was much simpler and quite plain!

Here's the save the dates:

Invitations:

Name cards:

•  

As we are based in Malaysia and our wedding is in the UK with guests clmkng from all over (Dubai, Sydney etc) we are doing digial save the dates with greenvelope and then digital invitations. We will do a small print run of token invites for family keep-sakes. This is the first draft, but I’ve sent this and the watercolor one to a designer to create a bespoke style across all our print materials...(I am an event marketer by day, so lucky enough to have good design contacts which I am now tapping up!) 

imageimage

Really loving the creativity everyone has has put into theirs. Especially hand-painted ones, pencils added as well!! Amazing!! I think if ours wasn’t so spread out with guests we would do more “real” stationary, but this was for us is the most convenient and logical x

• Jenni8Jenni8 Posts: 3,202

Here's mine! Made by myself

• MrsHowgateMrsHowgate Posts: 1,255 New bride

These were our save the dates. Nothing special as we got them for free: 

Our invites are these:

imageimage

We also got matching RSVP cards, accommodation and travel cards and envelopes.

• These all look fantastic. We've not quite finished ours yet, but when we do I post ours. 

We're literally doing the whole lot by hand. x

• Ooh dear, I've further confused myself by doing another design lol 

Ooh dear, I've further confused myself by doing another design lol 

I love this!

• Also - what size are your save the dates? These designs I've been doing are all A5, I'm not sure the last one would work in A6 because the gold pen is quite thick, and getting the detail in the drawings I'd find difficult...

is A5 too big?

• Save the Dates are generally smaller so they can be stuck on fridges etc..... I don't think I've ever seen one as big as A5.  

(ours were smaller than A6)

• MrsW-22MrsW-22 Posts: 354 New bride

These were mine. Just started making them at the weekend. Took way longer than I thought they would. 

• These are mine. I designed and made them myself, and considering my knowledge of graphic design extends as far as microsoft paint, im quite proud of them! The main insert is our ceremony venue and the reception details show that venue too.

image image

• MrsGxMrsGx Posts: 328 New bride
    Awhelenqt wrote (see post):

Ooh dear, I've further confused myself by doing another design lol 

You're really talented! This is my favourite of all your designs 

Our Save the dates we're A7, printed at home and designed by me.

Excuse the rubbish photography - but again, all these were designed and printed at home! (yes, including the rounded corners!)

Also - what size are your save the dates? These designs I've been doing are all A5, I'm not sure the last one would work in A6 because the gold pen is quite thick, and getting the detail in the drawings I'd find difficult...

is A5 too big?

Love the new design! A thought for if you're wanting them smaller but can't because of pen - could you not scan in the bigger one and print smaller? Although I guess that takes away the handmade-ness a little? Can you not get a hold pen with thinner tip? X

My planning thread