Best way to hang paper cranes?

I'm making a whole load of them (100 down about 500 to go) but not sure the best way to hang them from the barn beams. Would it be best to make a sort of garland like bunting? But how would the cranes be dangling? Or should I make individual strings of 4 or 5 cranes that just drop down? 

The first way would be easier to put up because you aren't tying lots of individual strings up but I don't know how it would look???

• From pictures I have seen in the past they all look to hang downwards rather than a garland. they look great but I imagine it's very time consuming to tie them all and possibly difficult to make sure they don't get tangled before hanging. You could tie all of the vertical strings on to one horizontal one which would mean on the day you only need to tie the ends of the horizontal string up if that makes sense?

Sorry I don't know if that's very helpful but wanted to say your venue looks amazing!

• Daisy29 wrote (see post):

From pictures I have seen in the past they all look to hang downwards rather than a garland. they look great but I imagine it's very time consuming to tie them all and possibly difficult to make sure they don't get tangled before hanging. You could tie all of the vertical strings on to one horizontal one which would mean on the day you only need to tie the ends of the horizontal string up if that makes sense?

Sorry I don't know if that's very helpful but wanted to say your venue looks amazing!

That's a great idea! The time consuming nature isn't an issue - I managed to make 100 cranes in a couple weeks just as and when I felt like it lol I don't work and I've got 18 months to go so plenty of time 😂

• ducklingduckling Posts: 116 New bride

Ahhh have you gone for the brewery? 

We looked at that one too, didn’t even think to suggest it to you! 

• duckling wrote (see post):

Ahhh have you gone for the brewery? 

We looked at that one too, didn’t even think to suggest it to you! 

Yeah! We looked at it on Sunday and were pretty sure going into it that we loved it but seeing it in person just sealed the deal 😊

• Just to be a bit annoying here... my daughter is into origami - big time! She makes cranes of all sizes, 4 mmm is her smallest yet! 

Any way, one Of her origami books told of a legend which goes with the cranes.. if you make 1000 cranes you will be granted a wish by the gods! 

So, erm... sorry?! 😁😁

• MrsWindsor2b wrote (see post):

Just to be a bit annoying here... my daughter is into origami - big time! She makes cranes of all sizes, 4 mmm is her smallest yet! 

Any way, one Of her origami books told of a legend which goes with the cranes.. if you make 1000 cranes you will be granted a wish by the gods! 

So, erm... sorry?! 😁😁

Haha yeah it's pretty common for Japanese kids to make 1000 cranes before a certain birthday - can't remember which one. I think I'll be fine with 600 😂

To be honest though I really enjoy them in the same way you'd enjoy a fidget spinner, it keeps my hands busy without needing to focus too much because I struggle to do one thing at a time I get too distracted.