What kind of card to use? DIY order of service

So I've just discovered the pure joy of DIY foiling and plan to make my own menu cards & order of service (and save myself £300...yay!). I've had a practice run on normal paper so I;m happy with the technique but I dont understand paper quality gsm etc...

What cardstock have people used or can recommend for wedding stationary? x

• MrsLMTMrsLMT Posts: 3,830

I used 300gsm card for my wedding stationery. It was £9 for 100 sheets of A4 card from This is very thick card and doesn’t like a standard home printer. I used the super printer in my dad’s office. 

• MrsLMT wrote (see post):

I used 300gsm card for my wedding stationery. It was £9 for 100 sheets of A4 card from This is very thick card and doesn’t like a standard home printer. I used the super printer in my dad’s office. 

Thank you! I'll give 300 a try and send it in to work with FH to print everything off! x

• stacey147stacey147 Posts: 108 New bride

If like mine your printer doesn’t like card you can always print onto some nice paper like satin or parchment style then stick it onto card using double sided tape or spray mount 

• Sian91Sian91 Posts: 829 New bride

My invitations are 350gsm and feel great, I think you'd want a minimum of 250. 

Printed's options start at 270 for reference :)