Vintage Inspired Wedding in a Barn on a Farm!

Hi all

After postponing my wedding by a year from the 26th May 2012 to the 18th May 2013, that extra time has enabled me to make a few changes to what I had already planned and consider any extra's that we want!

So the Venue which was easy for us Crockwell Farm in Northamptonshire, it was the first and only place we looked at and we both fell in love with it from the moment we we driving along the long drive towards to beautiful farmhouse, we considered Dodmoor but it was too small for what we needed!

Crockwell Farm, Eydon, Northamptonshire

• MrsPar13MrsPar13 Posts: 821

Oh it's gorgeous

• mrs213mrs213 Posts: 148

The Dress

OMG what a horrendus time!!

I'm not close to my mother we just dont have that relationship and after several cancelled appointment as other things were too important to her, so I never had that crying moment from my mother while we both had a glass of bubbles image horrible dress choices from bridesmaids, mother and shop assistants and my own self confidence issues due to being a larger lady I fell in love with an Ian Stuart gown Florentina but because of my parents then telling me they couldnt pay for my dress along with a few other things and litterally 2 weeks to get a dress I made a rash choice and put down a deposit on the sample dress, 2 months later having to postpone our wedding as we had to move I started to regret the choice, now having more time to look even went and tried the dress on again and still liked it, that was in January and since then ive lost 20lbs the dress wobbles started to kick in, I just stopped liking the dress or rather me in the dress, so with MOH in tow we went to a local stockist of Sassi Holford (who had caught my eye) and as soon as I put the dress on I knew it was everything I was looking for, Vintage esq, suited my body shape and in every possible way perfect!! My MOH cried (always a good sign) and although ive ended up loosing £800 it was by far the best thing I have done!!

and here is me in Florentina alongside hayley

The bridesmaids, I have 4, 2 adult maids, one teenager and one flower girl

It's been hard to say the least as im not a deamanding bride so I take into consideration their wants and wishes, I already had my eye on a dress but we spent a day going in and out of various brial shops trying on dresses for them and I can say that the shop assistants arnt too helpful with bridesmaids if you havent purchased your dress from them, well in my experience anyway, so 1 bridesmaid was much larger so high street was out of the question, she has since typically after paying the deposit on the dresses lost weight! and the other is currently pregnant again after me paying for th edeposit on the dresses, but her baby should be here in January, my teenager is really petite she probably has the frame of a 12year old although she is 15 and wil be 16 when we get married, oh the dilmemas of planning a wedding!!

Dessy Dress for the adult bridesmaids 6556

We are going back in October with all 3 bridesmaids just to confirm we still like the dress and get everyone measured, they do want something for their arms but i think it will ruin the look of the dress plus im not a big fan of pashmina's? I'm not too sure what to do about that side of it

Flower Girl's dress Nicki Macfarlane Grace

• ClarkieClarkie Posts: 586

Wow what a stunning venue! And your dress is lovely x

• MrsBullToBe...

Ive seen your dress pics before on another thread, and still firmly believe you have made the right choice.  You need to be happy and to be able to look back at you photos in years to come and be happy with how your beautiful dress looks.

Can't wait to see the rest of your planning! x

• A little tip, if you can, have the ceremony so you're facing the window.

If you have the ceremony where the table is in the image above either you will be too dark, the guests so bright you won't see them or the photographer will have to use flash and it'll look a bit unnatural.

Other than flash from your tog the only light that will hit you will be the orange light bulbs. By the window you'll get a lovely natural diffused daylight. If there's space in the barn to do so.

• Arghhhh I'm getting married at crockwell farm too! And I also fell in love straight away!! So excited roll on 16th march!!!

My Tiara

I really had no clue what I would want other than it had to have that vintage look and be a side tiara, I couldnt find anything i liked in any of the bridal shops that I visited for either my dress or my bridesmaids, so I started to scour the internet, flistly liking Glitzy Secrets, then finding some stunning peices on Etsy.com, but Jo Barnes really caught my eye and some of her items are stunning, I originally was going to go for Grace, but on looking through her original pieces, I fell in love with Sybil and she came this week image

The Flowers

Manic Botanic in Northampton it was easy for us, she is so friendly, helpful and I think reasonably priced

We are having in the barn, on every other wall sconce, a wicker hanging heart then a wall posey of flowers, at the end of every other chair a small posey of flowers (or pew end) an arrangement of flowers on the table where we will get married and a selection of different height hurricane lamps, with gypsopheila and pearls in the haybarn window, in the bar area, again wicker hanging hearts with posey's hanging from the ironstone wall, vintage cream heart tealight holders on the main orginal beam which seperates the bar area, large cream enamel jug filled with flowers for the bar and smaller versions for the tables, in the main marquee candelabra's with an arrangement of flowers and a flower (undecided) a on each napkin, on the top table an arrangement of flowers, I am having a meeting with her shortly to tweek my plans and confirm my flowers.

My Hair

I'm thinking of something like this but without the flowers

and the bridesmaids

The Cake

I've already placed a deposit with a local wedding cake maker, but they dont really do vintage styled cakes although their work is stunning and havent been very helpful, in tryingt o cater for our needs, but ive come across Cotton and Crumbs and we are in talks at the moment to see if she can do our cake

This is the cake id like

• ClarkieClarkie Posts: 586

Wow I love that hairstyle! Might have to steal that idea as I've been really struggling to find a style I like! x

• Gem83Gem83 Posts: 868

Great hair style! im getting married on a different barn on a farm...

Music

For the ceremony I will be walking dow the aisle to Christina Perri - A thousand years, either her version or The Piano Guys version which is instrumental as we walk out I'm a believer by the Monkeys will be playing, in between I have and while people are taking their seats I have a few ideas but nothing as been confirmed.

During the wedding breakfast we will be having a string trio from Ariella Strings to help the food and drink go down and keep the atmosphere going

In the evening we are having a band called The Van Goghs and they are providing a dj for inbetween their sets to keep the party rocking.

My Save the Dates

All of my wedding stationary is by Ditsy Chic, I do love the diy look, but im just not artey, I loose patience and to be honest I really cant be bothered its just not my thing! image

My invitations have just been ordered so they should be here in about 6 weeks ready to send out just before Christmas image

• TheNewMrsCTheNewMrsC Posts: 558

The save the dates are lovely, you shouldn't worry about not doing them yourself! & you really have made the right choice with the dress,it looks amazing on you!

EmzeeBrideToBe wrote (see)

The save the dates are lovely, you shouldn't worry about not doing them yourself! & you really have made the right choice with the dress,it looks amazing on you!

Aw thank you, I do worry as most people who are having a vintage wedding tend to do most of the work themselves and it completes the looks but im rubbish at it, but hope I can pull of the look my way? Thanks about the dress too, I know it was the right choice but it caused me so many sleepless nights

Confetti

Crockwell Farm asked that we had real petal confetti and after looking around I came across Bespoke Confetti on Etsy.com and for £40 you get a lovely small trugg, cones and confetti of your colour, it comes within about 2-3 days too!