Traditional Yorkshire wedding Favours

Hi Everybody.

I wondered if anyone could help.

Does anyone know of something traditionally yorkshire that could be given as a wedding favour?

My H2B is welsh so we are thinking of having Lovespoons, i wanted something traditional Yorkshire aswell though.

Many Thanks

• What about heather off the moors wrapped with hessian  and placed at the bottom of the wine glass?

• We are having henderson's relish! And maybe bottles of local ale. image Not exactly romantic favours, but hey! 

• PoppinsPoppins Posts: 3,146
    Had to comment as my H2B is from Yorkshire and I'm welsh and we are trying to infuse both places into our day! Xx
  • Poppins- You must then be having Lamb with  Leeks and Yorkshire pudding?

• PollyPolly Posts: 463

Hi, Im a Yorkshire bride and we are having personalised mugs made with Yorkshire tea and Chocolate Hob Nobs (My H2B's favourites) image

• How about Pontefract cakes (as in the liquorice sweets)?
    Actually beef with Yorkshire pud! Having welsh cakes for canap??s and lots of slate! Xx
  • MrsJCMrsJC Posts: 2,204
    How about little squares of Parkin?
  • Hi Poppins,

How about chutneys or jams from chatsworth, or even home-made?

I love the Hendersons idea, that is cracking!

I think we may end up going down the personalised love hearts route, but may change my mind as yet, I have 50 weeks to go!

YorkshireLass
  • I love the parkin idea! Little squares of parkin (or welsh cakes) wrapped in cellophane and tied with ribbon would be so cute image

• What about the small waxed wrapped Wensleydale cheeses.
  • Chatsworth is Derbyshire!

• Yeah sorry I live right on the boundary! But they do gorgeous stuff.
  • janiejujujaniejuju Posts: 212

What about Yorkshire Mixtures sweets?
    They're boiled sweets that come in a variety of different flavours and colours.

Staying on the sweet theme, Quality Street are made in Halifax, West Yorkshire. Mackintosh now Nestle started there.

Haribo are from Pontefract too aren't they?? Xx
  • dawndawn Posts: 6

Thanks everyone!! You have all given me some good ideas x

• Snowy xSnowy x Posts: 1,100

I like the Yorkshire Tea Idea, lol would go well with the spoon too, although wouldnt actualy recommend using a wooden spoon for making tea, ha ha, I love that you are trying to combine the two tho, Im also a welsh bride marrying an englishman ( although mine is a somersettian! ha ha )

•  

Perhaps a little expensive for wedding favours for all guests? These lapels are made in Sheffield, and they do charms and earrings too. There from YorkshireBadges.co.k